Do You Know Me

Ballad

Sorry. i was busy the past few days and didnt get to update this story faster than i wanted. honestly i didnt know how to continue the story after the train scene in chapter 13 (Hyomin waking Jiyeon up). actually, that was the first part i've ever thought of then created the story around it while listenign to T-ara songs. dont worry my friends, i will not keep you hanging anymore. the story is about to end. please enjoy!

 

Shannon was watching Jiyeon’s practice. She was lucky that Kahi allowed her to watch Jiyeon practice while waiting for Sunyoung to pick her up. Sunyoung promised to pick her up for a week instead because she was not able to accompany the younger girl. Shannon did not mind that Sunyoung is late because she gets to watch Jiyeon practice. Who by the way is doing worse than she expected. She wonders if Jiyeon is actually an idol because she is dancing terribly.

Kahi was talking to Jiyeon when someone knocked on the door. “Take five.” Kahi said to Jiyeon and went to the door.

“Sorry for disturbing you. I am here to pick up Shannon.” Sunyoung said.

“It’s ok. We are having a break anyway.” Kahi answered.

“Unnie!”

“Sorry Shannon. I was caught in a meeting. I hope you didn’t give them a headache?”

“No, she was just sitting at the corner watching us.” Kahi answered for Shannon.

“Thank you for letting her stay. Here I brought some coffee.”

Across the room…

Jiyeon was shock to hear the sweet voice she has been longing to hear. She turned to look at the person who just came.

“Hyomin” she whispered as she was out of breath. She can just watch every movement of Hyomin while holding her breath. She was afraid to move. Afraid that if she move or even release her breath, she will wake up from this dream.

“Jiyeon” Kahi called out.

“Jiyeon shi” Shannon called out too since the idol seems to be spacing out.

Jiyeon was just staring at Sunyoung. Sunyoung looked at the girl they call Jiyeon. She smiled and bowed.

Jiyeon was brought back to life and she bowed awkwardly.

“Sunyoung brought us some coffee.” Kahi said.

“Oh… I see.” She was still confused with what’s happening.

“Please enjoy them. We’ll get going.” Sunyoung said both to Kahi and Jiyeon.

“Huh? No. Stay.” Jiyeon blurted out. Everyone looked at her. “I mean, you brought us coffee. Let us drink it together.”

“Jinja?! Ok we will!” Shannon said and went back to settle her bag on the floor. Even is Jiyeon was dancing terribly, she still wants to spend time with the idol.

“We don’t want to intrude” Sunyoung said.

“Ani. Stay.”

Kahi just watch Jiyeon. It was the first time she saw her show interest on someone. Jiyeon seem to be aloof with everyone but not with Sunyoung. “Do the two of you know each other?”

Jiyeon does not know how to answer Kahi. She is beyond confused. All she wanted is to see Hyomin. But now the girl infront of her looks like Hyomin, speaks like her and even feels like her but they keep calling her Sunyoung. Sunyoung… Sunyoung... She has heard this name before but she can’t remember. Her brain is not working right now because of the certain girl. Is it just a coincidence? But if she is Hyomin why does she act so differently? Does she not know me or just pretending not to know me?

“Well… we’ve met before.” Sunyoung started. Everyone was looking at her including Jiyeon whose heart stopped upon hearing her reply.

“When? How?” Shannon eagerly asked. She is excited that her unnie had met the idol before.

“On the train. She was seating next to me. She may not remember me because the whole time she was sleeping. I even need to wake her up. Jihyo unnie and I thought she was a student.” Sunyoung shared the story.

So she is the girl on the train. Is that how we met? Is she not my Hyomin? She kept looking at Sunyoung.

“Huh? I don’t believe you. How can Jiyeon shi travel by train when she is an idol?” Shannon asked.

“Jiyeon.” Kahi called out the zoning out Jiyeon.

“Neh. It was all planned by my crazy CEO.” Jiyeon answered to which everyone laughed. All the time she was secretly watching Sunyoung. Sunyoung… it sounds so familiar. Where did I hear that name before?

--

Jiyeon decided to walk around the town. She didn’t sleep well last night. It was all because of Sunyoung / Hyomin. She believes that they are the same person. But she will then think otherwise. She saw a café and went in because she felt hungry. She was still standing looking at the menu.

“Jiyeon?” She looked behind and saw Hyomin Sunyoung. Her heart skipped a beat.

“Hello. You go ahead. I am still thinking what to order.”

“I love their coffee. Their cakes are great too. But if you want something for breakfast, you can also try their sandwiches which are also great.” Sunyoung suggested to Jiyeon.

“Thanks. I will order one hot cappuccino, ham sandwich and a cheesecake.” She ordered and grinned at Sunyoung.

“I will get one iced Americano and chicken sandwich.” Sunyoung ordered.

“Will you like to join me?” Jiyeon asked. She does not care if she is Hyomin or Sunyoung. All she wants is to spend time with her.

“Yes. That sounds great.”

They went to a table near the corner and ate.

“I was taking a walk around town but I felt hungry.” Jiyeon explained to Sunyoung.

“Would you like me to tour you around?”

“Will it be ok?”

“Yes, plus it will be more fun to tour around the market in the morning.”

They finished their meal and went to the market. The walked around and tried some food along the way.

“For an idol you sure love to eat.” Sunyoung teased.

“Hehehe. They don’t call me dinosaur for nothing. Sometimes it’s even gluttonous dinosaur.” Jiyeon answered making Sunyoung laugh.

They walked around and continued to chat.

“This was fun. Thanks Sunyoung.”

“Well if you like we can do this again sometime.”

“Really?”

Sunyoung giggled at Jiyeon’s childlike expression. “Yes, whenever you are free. I will take you around town.”

“How about tomorrow lunch?”

“Tomorrow lunch then.”

“Bye Sunyoung. See you tomorrow.”

“Bye Jiyeon. See you later.”

“Huh?”

“I will pick up Shannon later after practice.”

“Great! See you later!”

Jiyeon was beyond happy. She is like a schoolgirl who just had a date with her crush. She can’t stop smiling. To Kahi’s surprise, Jiyeon came in a good mood. She practiced really well. She even started to chat with the other students. Even help Shannon practice. Kahi was really confused by the idol’s bipolar attitude but nevertheless she likes this Jiyeon.

“Bye Kahi unnie! Bye Jiyeon unnie!” Shannon called out when Sunyoung came in to pick her up. Because of Jiyeon’s change in attitude today, Shannon became comfortable with her and call her unnie.

“Bye Kahi unnie.” Sunyoung said to Kahi. She then looked at Jiyeon, smiled and said, “Bye”

“Bye” Jiyeon replied smiling.

This does not go unnoticed to Kahi’s hawk eye and to Shannon’s sixth sense. Yes it was a simple 'bye' but they are sure that there is something more to it. The teacher and the student shared a knowing look before the other left.