I'm Okay

Ballad

After a year, Jiyeon joined the same college as her unnies. She is taking up dance. Eunjung is still dating Gyuri. Hyomin tried to move on but she is still in love with Jiyeon. One solution she thought of is by avoiding Jiyeon. She tried to be busy with her studies, hang out with other classmates but she can’t bring herself to date someone else. The three of them are hanging out in one of the school cafes.

“How come the two of you have not introduced anyone yet? Don’t tell me….the two of you are dating?” Eunjung asked the two.

“Yeah.” Hyomin said nonchalantly still looking outside the window. She is getting bored with Eunjung always asking this question. Should I start dating someone else or not?

“Ani!! That’s not true.” Jiyeon said getting a flustered while Hyomin is still wearing a bored expression. “Hyomin! Tell her it’s not true.”

“Aish. There’s no need. Jiyeon, no one will believe it. Even Eunjung knows it’s a joke.” Hyomin explains while Eunjung was laughing all the time.

“It’s not even a good joke unnie.” Jiyeon said a bit hurt by Hyomin’s words. Jiyeon feeling embarrassed glared at the two. Eunjung stopped laughing and said that Jiyeon is cute which only made her blush more. Hyomin just watch the two and she has made a decision to at least give dating a try.  

“Unnie, do you want to hang out somewhere?” She asked Hyomin when they’re alone because Eunjung had to leave for class.

“Sorry Ji, I have a test later. I’m planning on doing some last minute review.”

“I can go with you. You review for your test and I will read something else.”

“I made plans to review with my classmate. Next time?”

Suddenly Hyomin’s phone rings, “Yah Park Hyomin. Stop chatting and come out now. We need to review!” Hyomin had to check whether her phone was on speaker, it was too loud even Jiyeon heard it. She looked outside and saw Tiffany waiting.

“Next time Ji. Tiffany is already waiting. You heard her right? See you.” With that Hyomin left. Jiyeon watches as Hyomin left with Tiffany. Tiffany is a beautiful girl. Jiyeon noticed how close the two were. She wondered whether they were dating. She brushed off the idea because Hyomin has not introduced the girl to them. She remembered how she and her unnies are always together just the three of them. But now it is different. She thought maybe college life is different. Her thoughts were cut when she saw Eunjung calling her.

“Jiyeon ah is Hyomin still with you?”

“No, Eunjung unnie. She left to review with her classmate. Why?”

“So it’s really Hyomin that I saw just now walking with Tiffany Hwang?”

“I guess, why?”

“She is with Tiffany Hwang?! Wow, she is so lucky.”

“Unnie..don’t tell me that you like this Tiffany? I will tell Gyuri unnie”

“Ani. One, I am already with Gyuri. Two, even if I wasn’t I cannot compete with Hyomin.”

“Huh? What are you talking about?”

“I think they are already dating.”

“I don’t think so. If they are dating. Hyomin unnie should have introduced this Tiffany to us.”

“Unlike me, Hyomin is careful with her actions. Maybe she is wants to be sure before introducing Tiffany to us. You can’t deny that they are something going on between them…”

“Unlike you, Hyomin unnie will never gossip about her friends.” Jiyeon said getting slightly irritated with the conversation.

“Haha! Ok ok. I am just a fan… a shipper.”

Jiyeon hung up the phone. She looked outside thinking about what Eunjung told her. She barely gets to spend time with her unnies because all of them are busy with studies. Eunjung is also busy dating. Now even Hyomin. She feels so alone.

--

Jiyeon introduced Myunsoo to both Eunjung and Hyomin. Myungsoo has been asking her out a dozen of times but she always turns him down. One day, she thought of giving him a chance. Since then the two has been dating. At first Hyomin could not believe it. She could not believe how Jiyeon gave this guy a chance so easily yet neglecting hers. She could not believe how hurt she is, how she is still in love with Jiyeon. But no matter how hurt, neglected and betrayed she felt, Hyomin kept it all in. After all she got good at hiding her feelings.

“Hyomin ah, you’re late. Were you with Tiffany?” Eunjung asked.

“Huh? No. why would I be with her?” Hyomin replied

“Cause the two of you are dating?”

“No we are not? What gives you that idea?”

“You two are always together. You have chemistry.”

“Were friends. That’s it.”

“But you two kissed.” Jiyeon butted in this time. Eunjung and Hyomin both looked at Jiyeon asking how did she know.

“Someone saw you two last week…” Jiyeon tried to explain hoping that the unnies will buy it.

“You should stop hanging out with Eunjung. You are becoming a gossip girl like her.” Hyomin teased

“Yah!” Eunjung exclaimed. “You kissed her yet you are not dating?”

“We tried to but we knew that we would never work out so the kiss was just a parting kiss.”

“Why do you still have to kiss when you two broke up?” Eunjung was really curious. Jiyeon was dying to know the reason as well but unlike Eunjung she never voiced it out.

Flashback

“We just started dating and now it’s over..” Tiffany whined. Still being comfortable with Hyomin despite their break up.

“It’s not my fault that you are still inlove with your ex.” Hyomin stated.

“I haven’t even got to kiss you yet we already break up.”

“Maybe if we lasted a day later, we would have probably kissed already.” Hyomin teased.

“Then…should we kiss? For the first and last time?”

“You finally got your true love back and still you want to kiss these lips of mine? You are greedy. And whatever happened to waiting for true love?”

“True love can wait a little longer.” Tiffany leaned closer and captured Hyomin’s lips. After all Taeyeon and her haven’t been together yet so technically she is not cheating. They smiled at each other once they parted.

“Now you got my lips, Ms Hwang”

“Hmm…maybe I should reconcile with you again.” Tiffany teased and both laughed.

Unknown to them, Jiyeon saw the whole scene. She was going to look for Hyomin to hang out with her because she hasn’t seen her. But this is what she stumbled upon. While walking back she remembered her conversation with Hyomin during the school event. Moving on. Hyomin unnie has moved on..Why do I feel sad? I should be happy right? It was me who told her to move on. What’s happening to me? It was the next day that she started dating Myungsoo.

Back to present

“Are you ok unnie?” Jiyeon asked worried that Hyomin might be sad because of unrequited love.

“Of course she is. More than ok actually since she got to kiss her.” Eunjung butted in.

“Aish Ham Bear Jung! Stop butting in nonsense. I am ok Jiyeon. Don’t worry.” Hyomin answered.

--

“Oh Jiyeon ah” Hyomin greeted when she sees Jiyeon entered the café.

“Hi Hyomin unnie.” Jiyeon greeted back.

“Where’s Myungsoo?” Hyomin asked when she noticed that Jiyeon was alone.

“With his friends I think.” Hyomin raised her eyebrow and Jiyeon continued, “I thought the two of us can hang out.”

“You know, I was just teasing you when I said that I don’t want to be the fifth wheel or third wheel..” Hyomin said. Eunjuung is dating Gyuri and Jiyeon is dating Myungsoo. She is the only one who is single.

“I just want to hang out with unnie. I miss you.” Jiyeon said.

“Come on. Let’s call Eunjung.”

“Ani. Eunjung might be with Gyuri unnie. Let’s eat I am hugry.” Says Jiyeon. She missed hanging out with Hyomin.. just the two of them.

Jiyeon will sometimes glance at Hyomin. She wonders why Hyomin is still single. Could it be because of me? Is she still in love with me? Impossible. But is she? I can’t tell anymore. Unnie, will you open up your heart?

“What?” Jiyeon was startled when Hyomin asked her. Did she see me all this time?

“What?” Jiyeon fake innocence.

“What is it? You keep looking at me. Do you have anything to say or to ask?”

“Ani. We never hang out like this. I miss hanging out with unnie..just the two of us.”

Hyomin can’t help but smile. Stop it Hyomin. She is already dating someone else. Don’t expect more and just be contented with what you have right now.