Little by Little

Ballad

Jiyeon and Sunyoung will go out everyday. In the morning, lunch, during the day, after practice, dinner or late dinner. It does not matter what time, they will always go out together.

“Sunyoung”

“Appa?”

“I want to meet that person.”

“Huh? Who?”

“Sunyoung, I am your father. I know when there is someone making my daughter smile like an idiot.”

“Appa…”

“Haha. You are always going out. And from what I heard from Jihyo and Shannon, you have been going out with just one person. I want to meet this special person.”

Sunyoung looked at her father.

“I just want to meet the person who is making my daughter smile everyday.”

“Appa..” Sunyoung went and sat beside her father. “It’s a girl.”

“Hmm…” Mr. Park just hummed. It’s not like this is something new to him.

Seeing that his father does not object she continued, “I met her in the train after I visit Dr. Shin. She was sleeping beside me. I thought she was a kid.” She laughed remembering how she woke Jiyeon up. “It turns out she is an idol.”

“An idol?”

“Yup. She is a famous singer and dancer. She came to this town to train under Kahi unnie.”

“I see. If she is famous then she must be really beautiful.” Sunyoung nod in agreement. “Then how is it possible that she gets to like my daughter?” Mr. Park teased.

“Appa…”

“Hahaha. Of course my daughter is very beautiful. When can I meet her?”

“I’ll bring her to the university tomorrow.”

“Ok. Bring this idol to me tomorrow.”

“Neh Appa. Goodnight and See you tomorrow.” Sunyoung kissed her father and stood up. She looked back and said, “Appa, please call her by her name. Her name is Park Jiyeon. Don’t forget.”

Park Jiyeon… It can’t be…

--

“Jiyeon ah”

“Uncle” Jiyeon bowed to Mr. Park. She wanted to ask him a lot of questions. Mr. Park asked to meet him in the office.

Flashback

Sunyoung told her that she wanted to introduce her to her Appa who is a professor. Jiyeon went wanting to meet her father as well. Based on Sunyoung's story, her father seems to be a good guy. They went inside his office and waited there because they did not want to cause a commotion knowing that Jiyeon is a famous celebrity.

"Appa!" Sunyoung went to hug her father.

Jiyeon was shock to meet Mr. Park and Mr. Park was equally shocked as well.

"Nice to meet you Jiyeon shi." Mr. Park started. He pretended not to know Jiyeon. 

"Nice to meet you too, sir." Jiyeon played along even though she was dying to know answers. 

One thing is for sure, Sunyoung is Hyomin.

End of Flashback

“Let’s go to my office.” Jiyeon followed Mr. Park. He gave him a cup of tea.

“Kamshamida” She then pours a tea on Mr. Park’s cup.

There was silence between them despite having so much to say.

“It must be fate.” Mr. Park suddenly said.

“Huh?”

“Fate or destiny. Whatever you call it. It has brought you here to Sunyoung.” He looked at Jiyeon who is looking back at him. “I know you are dying to ask me questions."

"I made a promise to Sunyoung that after the operation that we will start over again with just the two of us. That is why I sold the company and our properties and cut all connections we had to fulfill that promise. But now, I am telling you this because somehow I believe fate has brought you two back together. I knew how much she loved you then. You made her so happy. And as I can see now, you still love my daughter and she loves you. Who am I to stand in between the two of you?”

Mr. Park told Jiyeon everything from the time Sunyoung found out about her disease. To when she cannot make a decision about her operation. Til the time she collapsed in front of Jiyeon’s house. And when he begged Sunyoung to agree to go through the operation. That he promised that they will start over again. Jiyeon listened intently while crying.

“I do not know what had happened between the two of you. My guess is that she did not tell you about this and broke up with you. Maybe she does not want to burden you. I do not know.”

“I should have been there for her.”

“Jiyeon ah, you did not know.”

“I hurt her. We were fighting that time. That’s why she didn’t tell me. I never gave her the chance to tell me.” Jiyeon cried. She kept on blaming herself.

Mr. Park hugged her. He felt sorry for Jiyeon who has been in pain all these years.

--

“Park Jiyeon?” Kahi saw Jiyeon walked to her studio. She was cleaning up and preparing to go home. Jiyeon just walked straight to center of the dance studio and said, “Unnie, I want to practice. I will clean this up after I am done.”

Kahi looked at her knowing that something is not right. Instead of asking, she just said, “Ok.”

Jiyeon danced and danced. She knew Kahi was just watching but she didn’t care at all. She just wants to dance til she can't take it anymore. When she was exhausted, Kahi turn the music off.

“Unnie, I am practicing.”

“No you’re exhausted.”

“Please. Don’t you like that I am practicing?”

“Not like this. Jiyeon ah, I don’t know what happened today. Just this morning you were doing so great. And you were excited for your date with Sunyoung. What happened?”

Jiyeon didn’t say anything. But after hearing Kahi mention Sunyoung’s name, she started tearing up.

“Omo. Jiyeon ah. What happened?” She went to hug Jiyeon who is now crying. Kahi was trying to calm Jiyeon down. She looked at her and found Jiyeon sleeping. “Hay… This morning you were acting all lovesick. Now you’re like heartbroken. You are making me all confuse with your bipolar acts and I can’t ask you because you’re now soundly sleeping.”

She does not know what to do with Jiyeon so she decided to call Boram.