Lovey Dovey

Ballad

After two years

“Umma!! I miss you. You know what? Appa is such a slave driver. He makes me work so much and pays me so little..”

“Yah! Sunyoung. You’re Umma might believe you and scold me.”

“Haha! I am just kidding Umma. Appa is such a good boss. Everyone respects him but they are also afraid of him..” Hyomin continue to share her experiences in the office to her Umma while her Appa listens and laughs at his daughter’s stories. She has graduated and has been working to their company for weeks now.

“Umma, Jiyeon has been scouted to be an idol. She is training right now. She was also featured in one MV. So deabak. Don’t worry, she never forgets her studies. She is so busy. We are both busy but we still find time to contact each other. Eunjung, she is an actress right now. Who knew that Ham Bear Jung can be a great drama actress?! Right Appa?”

“Yes, I also get hooked because your daughter makes me watch the drama with her.”

On their way back to the car,

“Sunyoung ah, how long have you and Jiyeon been dating?”

“Two years, Appa.”

“Hmmm.. so what are your plans?”

“Appa we are still young. I just graduated and Jiyeon is still a trainee and studying.”

“I just thought that instead of moving out, why don’t you two just get married and stay at our house.”

“Appa, why the rush? We are still young.”

“I just thought time is precious, Sunyoung ah. If you two love each other. Why wait?”

“Appa, you are acting weird. You’ve been watching too many dramas..”

Sunyoung ah, if only time is in our hands. Mr. Park wanted to say but instead he decided to play along. “It’s your fault. You make me watch too many dramas.”

--

“I want to see you”

“I miss you too, Jiyeon ah. Sadly I have to rush to a meeting so I can’t meet you for lunch.”

“I don’t think I can go out during lunch too. We are still training. I feel exhausted.. I want to go out with you.”

“I’m sorry Jiyeon ah. You’ve been working so hard to be the best dancer and I can’t wait til everyone can see that. Fighting!”

“You really know how to boost my energy, Hyominnie. Ok, I will go back to practice. Saranghae”

“Nado saranghae”

It was already 9pm when Hyomin got to finish her last meeting which was a dinner meeting. She knew Jiyeon is still in the studio practicing. She decided to buy some food and give Jiyeon a surprise visit. Jiyeon was busy dancing and Hyomin just watch in awe.

“Hyominnie!!” Jiyeon rushed to hug her girlfriend as if they have never seen each other in years.

“You miss me that much?” And Jiyeon nodded like a kid. “Here I brought you some snacks”

“Yey! Come let’s eat together.”

“I already ate. I had a dinner meeting. I bought that for you.”

“Thanks. Love you.” And Jiyeon ate heartily.

“Slow down. Don’t they feed you here?”

“They do but they make us train like there’s no tomorrow. And this food taste so good…maybe because it was you who bought this for me and you are here with me right now.”

“You are such a sweet talker. Just eat.”

“Neh.” Jiyeon continue to eat and sometimes will feed Hyomin. They stayed for a while and chat. It’s like they were having a date.

“I wish I can take you out on a real date. Not like this. Wait til I became an artist, we will go out on dates.”

“Jiyeon ah, as long as we get to spend time together, it’s precious to me.”

“You’re also a sweet talker. No wonder you’ve been doing great in your job. Let's do our best.”

“Fighting!” They both cheered each other.

--

Jiyeon made a debut as a solo artist and it was received well. She has never been busier. Even though her company knows that she is already in a relationship, they wanted her to keep it as a secret and tell everyone that she is not dating anyone. Actually, they have strict rules on dating policy but Jiyeon, they made a compromise.  Fans have been partnering Jiyeon to different artist. Hyomin has been nothing but a supportive and understanding girlfriend. Afterall, she trusts Jiyeon so well and so does Jiyeon to Hyomin.

“Ms. Park, someone is here to visit you.” Hyomin stopped reading the file and looked at her secretary. “She has no appointment but she says it’s important to meet you or else..” Hyomin looked at her secretary urging her to continue. “Or else she will call you a skinny weird awkward panda..” Her secretary finished unable to look at her boss.

“Ahaha.. we don’t want that to happen right? Let her in then.” Hyomin had an idea who this person is.

“Hyomin!”

“Ham Bear Jung!”

They both greeted and hugged each other. Her secretary just watches her usually quiet and serious boss and a famous actress act like kids. She left the two to get them drinks.

“Ms. Park, Ms. Ham, here are your drinks.”

“Thank you.”

“I bet your boss is a slave driver..” Eunjung teased

“Ham Bear Jung, stop ruining my image.”

“Yah you are the one ruining my image.”

The two start bickering again like kids. Later on, her Appa went to her office pretending to ask her something about business..

“Appa, I know you’re here because of Eunjung. Appa and I are fans of your drama.”

“Jinja?! Thank you.”

Eunjung was kind enough to take pictures and give signatures to the staffs before they went to have lunch. Jiyeon could not join them because she is practicing for a performance in a music show.

“Why don’t you come with me? Let’s surprise Jiyeon.”

“I want to but I have a very important meeting after this. I cannot skip it. Why don’t you go and give her a surprise?”

“Arasso. But the three of us should hang out soon. Just like old times. So how’s the two of you?”

“We are fine though we hardly see each other now.”

“Yeah, it is difficult to be in the industry. All the glitz and glamor have a price to pay. Can you imagine? I am only able to have a free time 2 years after debuting as an actress. I hope you two stay strong.”

“Thanks, Jungie. I miss you.” Hyomin hugged Eunjung. “What happened between you and Gyuri?”

“Well this whole thing happened. I became busy being an actress. This industry can be really tough and manipulative. Hyomin just stay strong for the both of you.”

“I will Jungie”

“Don’t worry I will try to look after that Dino of yours.”

“Thanks Jungie. But you should also look after yourself. How’s your dating life?”

“I have been dateless since I became an actress. I thought I will get to date more after being famous but it seems like I was wrong.” Eunjung joked and they both laugh.

Eunjung left to surprise Jiyeon on her music show. People recognized her and were curious why Eunjung was there.

“Unnie??”

“Hi Jiyeon ah.”

“Unnie!!” Jiyeon went to hug her. The netizens watched and took pictures of them. They talked and laughed the whole time.

People got curious of their closeness. Even on programs, they will be asked. They shared that they have known each other since they were young and have been friends since then. Fans started to dubbed them as Eunyeon.