Cry Cry

Ballad
Thoughts
"Conversations"
 
The event was filled with fun fairs, games, plays, concerts, dance. At the school event, the student council has one last surprise for the student body. It has been a tradition of the student council and most students look forward to this surprise.To raise funds, they will be auctioning each senior members of student council for a date. It was fun and loud. Most students gathered around and joined in the bidding.
 
“Now, our next council member is….Park Hyomin!” There were loud cheers and the students started bidding. Hyomin’s bidding was the highest already. “Sold! Please come and claim your date.”
 
“Jiyeon?!” Hyomin was surprised that Jiyeon bid for her. They haven't been talking since their fight.
 
“Yes, unnie. Let’s go.” Hyomin giggled and cling her arm to Jiyeon.
 
“Thank you.  You didn’t have to spend so much. Here let me buy you food.”
 
“I miss you unnie.” Hyomin stopped walking and looked at Jiyeon who continued, “You have been so busy and I hardly see you.”
 
“Mianhe. You could have just called me instead of spending so much.”
 
“Unnie, I am sorry. I am sorry for what I have said before. I shouldn’t have said those things to you. I am sorry I know I hurt you.”
 
“It’s alright Jiyeon ah. I forgive you.” Hyomin wiped Jiyeon’s tears. Jiyeon hugged her saying, “Let’s not fight anymore unnie.”
 
The walked around and enjoyed some games. Jiyeon can see some students are looking at them mostly are Hyomin’s fans. She looked at Hyomin. Unnie, I want you to be happy.
 
“Unnie, mianhe.”
 
“Jiyeon ah, haven’t I told you that I forgive you?”
 
“I know unnie. But.. I am just sorry.”
 
“You are acting weird.”
 
“Unnie, I love Eunjung unnie.”
 
“That’s pretty obvious.”
 
“I mean I only love her. I can only love her.”
 
“Jiyeon…” What are you trying to say?
 
“I know your feelings towards me unnie. I can feel it even if you never say anything or confess to me. I love unnie but I can never return your feelings. It’s unfair to you. You have a lot of fans who adore you. I think you should forget about me and give them a chance. And I want us to go back to how we use to be... bestfriends.”
 
“You know you should listen to your own advice.” Like How we used to be? But I have loved you for the longest time.
 
“Unniee..”
 
“Well, you dumped me even before I can gather myself to confess. Does that mean I have been dumped already?”
 
“Unnie..”
 
“You are such a smartass. How about you?”
 
“I love Eunjung unnie. I will wait for her. I will fight for her…”
 
“Our dino is all grown up now. I will be here to support you. Don’t worry about me. I’ll move on and find someone soon.” Hyomin tried to make lighten up the mood.  It’s unfair. Why can’t you let me love you?
 
“Yah! You’re moving on just like that? Do you even really love me?”
 
“Hey! You are the one who told me to move on…”
 
“So fast” Jiyeon murmured while pouting. Hyomin find it cute and pinch her. They continued to play some more games. Jiyeon was glad that everything went well. Hyomin was glad that Jiyeon still acts normal with her. They met Jiyeon’s friends who invited them to go somewhere else to hang out. Hyomin passed much to some of her friend’s disappointment. She said she still has to stay even after the event. As soon as they were gone, a tear escaped from Hyomin’s eyes. She has been holding her feelings. She does not want anyone to see her state so she went somewhere she can be alone.
 
She took a deep breath trying to so hard to hold her feelings. She is so hurt right now that it is suffocating her. She wanted to cry so badly.
 
“Hyomin?”
 
Without looking at the person who spoke, she said, “I was spacing out.. a bit tired I guess. I’ll go back.”
 
Seeing Hyomin’s expression, she knew the girl was crying or trying hard not to cry. “You know.. you don’t have to keep it all in.  Whatever you are going through, you can tell me.”
 
Hyomin can’t hold her tears anymore, it started falling. But she was still trying to hold it in.
 
“Just let it all out.” With that, Hyomin was in Qri’s embrace crying so hard. She has been holding up her feelings until now. She cried so hard. Qri can only hug her tighly. No one notice them because of the loud music. Qri didn’t ask her any question but just let her cry in her embrace.
 
“I am sorry..for bothering you.”
 
“You said that like a number of times already. Hyomin it is ok. You should stop apologizing and stop feeling embarrassed over nothing.”
 
“I haven’t even confessed yet she knows how I feel about her. She even told me to forget about my feelings and move on. I have been dumped even before I can confess.” Hyomin started tearing up again. She wiped it and continued, “At least she saved me… I don’t have to think about how to confess to her, when to confess to her, will she accept or not. Because she made it clear that she cannot love me.. because her heart is with someone else.”
 
Qri just let her talk. She doesn’t know how to make Hyomin feel better but just to listen to her. “Unnie, I feel tired..” Hyomin lean her head on Qri’s shoulders.
 
“Just rest and sleep for a while.”
 
“Hmm.. “ Hyomin murmured something like waking her up but Qri just let her sleep. She knows the girl is exhausted.
 
In the following days, Hyomin and Qri became closer. Qri never asked her the reason of her breakdown. Hyomin acted normal with Jiyeon like nothing happened that night. The last thing she wanted to happen was to lose their friendship.