Hurt

Ballad

“Eunjung..” Hyomin looked at Jiyeon and continued, “It is always Eunjung. Am I even your friend? You hardly see Eunjung yet still you say she is closer to you than me?” Jiyeon said that her favorite person in the world is Eunjung in an interview for the school newspaper. Jiyeon was the school’s representative in the Interschool Dance Competition and she won first place. That is why she was featured in the school magazine. Jiyeon just ignores Hyomin’s remarks knowing that the other girl is not serious. She is used to Hyomin’s antics and walked ahead. She dial a number..

“Eunjung unnie!!!”

“Jiyeon ah!!”

“Unnie! I have news for you! I won!”

“Congratulations! I knew you will be the champion.”

Hyomin just stood at her place; she just watched Jiyeon talked happily on the phone. She knows that she is talking to none other than Eunjung. She feels jealous all the time. She does not know why she does not get used to this…Jiyeon ignoring her when it comes to Eunjung. How could she when she is in love with Jiyeon. While Jiyeon…she only sees Eunjung. To her, Hyomin is just a friend. A weird, jealous, funny, talented friend as what Jiyeon will always say…her one of a kind Hyomin unnie.

“Unnie! Eunjung unnie wants to talk to you…” Jiyeon shouted. Every time they talk, Eunjung will always check on Hyomin. They have known each other since they were younger but they became close because of Jiyeon. Eunjung met Jiyeon later but they became friends because of Jiyeon’s friendly personality. Jiyeon has always liked Eunjung. So even if Eunjung goes to a different school, they are still remain friends.

“Ham Bear Jung! What do you want?” Hyomin took Jiyeon’s phone and talked to Eunjung. Yes, she is jealous but she can’t be mad of her just because Jiyeon loves her.

“Nothing Minnie ah. Just want to talk to you.” Eunjung said sweetly obviously teasing Hyomin who dislikes it. She laughed at Hyomin’s repulse reaction. They chatted for a while then Hyomin gave the phone back to Jiyeon.

--

Hyomin was looking outside the window while playing with her pencil. It was art class and the teacher just gave them an activity to do.

“Hyomin! It’s lunch time. Are you joining us?” One of her friends called. Hyomin nod and went with them. Hyomin and Eunjung are both a year older than Jiyeon. Hyomin is part of the student council. Many students respect and adore her.

It is seldom that they go to lunch together because of their own busy schedules.

“Ji, isn’t that Hyomin shi?” Luna asked. Jiyeon looked at where Luna is pointing and saw Hyomin with her classmates. “She is so cool even more with her short hair. How is it possible that she looks good in everything?”  

“Don’t be fooled. Unnie is not that cool. She is awkward and makes lame jokes.” Jiyeon said to the fangirling Luna.

“Yes, we know you are friends with her. You are so lucky.” Luna said. "Could you introduce me to her?"

Jiyeon was thinking how Hyomin can have so many fans. She looked at Hyomin again. “Unnie is cool alright…” She thought.

--

I hate this feeling
I wish I could stop
I only get hurt
But I can’t
I love to love you
Even if I say I hate it
I can’t get mad at you
I want to move on
But I can’t
I don’t know what to do

Hyomin was just writing her feelings. After listening to some songs, she thought she can translate her feelings into a poem or a song. But it was a failed attempt. Giving up, she closed her notebook and looked outside. There are times that she wanted to cry and voice out her feelings. She wanted to let Jiyeon know about her feelings but she never did. She thought she should wait for the right time. After knowing Jiyeon's undying love for Eunjung, she decided to just keep her feelings instead. She is more afraid of the possibility of losing her friend. Hyomin is a reserve type of person. She never shows this side of her even to Jiyeon.   

“Are you ok?” Her seatmate, Qri asked. Qri is a nice person. They don’t really talk but Qri is sensitive to her surroundings including to her seatmate.

Hyomin glanced at Qri and smiled, “Neh. Gomowo.” Qri smiled back and nod saying that she understands. Qri knows that there is something bothering Hyomin but she never once asked or pressure the other girl into confiding int her.

"Hyomin.." Qri started. she wanted to say that Hyomin can trust her but was cut off..

“Hyomin unnie! Palli. We will be late.” Jiyeon went to her room to pick her up. She was excited because they are meeting Eunjung in a café.

“See you tomorrow.” Qri said as she stood up and took her bag.

“See you…” Hyomin replied.

“Palli Palli.” Jiyeon said to Hyomin.

“Aish... Let’s go.” Hyomin said to Jiyeon quite irritated for rushing her when she is in a middle of a conversation. She knows why Jiyeon is acting like this.. because of Eunjung.