Chapter 9

The Bet With The Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Well, you better ask that girlfriend of mine,” Taeyeon said then pointed a finger at the shocked Tiffany.

!

Ms. Narsha turned angrily at the dumbfounded Tiffany. “Ms. Hwang, how can you explain this? Huh?!” she interrogated.

Tiffany gulped, feeling nervous and scared on how to answer Ms. Narsha. She just couldn’t tell her that she was pulling a prank on Taeyeon. It will only lead her to more trouble. Well, in this situation, she was in trouble already. She must find an excuse to save herself from Ms. Narsha’s impending wrath.

“Ms. Hwang! I’m waiting for an explanation here!” Ms. Narsha was getting all impatient at the cowering Tiffany.

Ugh! Tiffany think! Think! Palli! Palli!

Tiffany tried to open , thinking about the words carefully. “Well…I—I…”

“Yes, Ms. Hwang?” Ms. Narsha probing Tiffany to answer yet glaring also at her. She was mad alright. Really mad. Even though Tiffany is still new here, she is not exempted in any disciplinary action the school might do if she ever involve herself into trouble.

Tiffany was panicking inside her head. Obviously, she can’t think of any excuse to find her way out of trouble. She looks at her friends, they were all looking at her worriedly. Then she took a sideway glance at the ‘devil’ beside her. She was smirking evilly at Tiffany.

“I don’t have all the time in the world to wait for your explanation Ms. Hwang. So if I were you explain yourself already. I don’t care if you make up any lies or you’re going to tell me the truth. ‘Cause either way, there’s still punishment young lady,” Ms. Narsha said sternly.

What’s the use of lying anyway. Better tell her the truth then, Tiffany sighed inside her head.

She glanced up at her professor. She cleared first before continuing. “I’m sorry, Miss. I wanted Taeyeon to drink that coffee and well, I—I…put salt, ketchup and chilly in it,” she confessed, lowering her head out of embarrassment.

“You put what?!” Ms. Narsha spoke angrily while Taeyeon chuckled at her.

“I’m really sorry Ms. Narsha,” Tiffany apologized sincerely.

“Ms. Hwang, why did you put those in that coffee? And why on earth did you want Taeyeon to drink that liquid?”

“I…” Tiffany was lost at words. What would she tell? She has no clear answers in her mind. Come to think of it, why did she really want Taeyeon to drink it? Obviously, it was all a prank right?

Ms. Narsha sighed at the sulking girl in front of her. “I’m so disappointed with you Ms. Hwang. I know you’re just new here and you are still adjusting to this school but you are not excuse to detention. I’m sorry to say this, but you get three hours of detention today. See you after class Ms. Hwang.”

After giving detention to Tiffany, Ms. Narsha leaved the group’s table and went to the nearest restroom. Tiffany buried her head at the table, thinking about her detention later.

Oh god help me! Three hours of detention is hell! Three hours doing nothing inside a room of god-knows-what! She sulked even more.

Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung suddenly roared with laughter. Yuri just shook her head disapprovingly at the laughing trio. Jessica and Sunny only sighed at their friend.

Hearing Taeyeon’s boisterous laughter, Tiffany angrily turned her head on her. Shooting deadly gla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter