Chapter 1

The Bet With The Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[This chapter has been edited for a better version]

 

 

"Where could she be? She's late."

 

A raven haired girl mumbled to herself as she glanced at her silver wristwatch. She was patiently waiting in the receiving area of the airport, ready to pick up her older sister who just came from California.

 

She and her older sister had been long separated since they were still kids. Their real mother passed away after she gave birth to her while their real father died due to a car accident. Her older sister was just four years old while she was three at the time their father died. Because they were still young and was left to feed for themselves, they were placed in an orphanage. They stayed there for at least a year before both of them were adopted but with different families.

 

The Kwon family adopted her and stayed in Seoul whereas the Hwang's adopted her older sister and migrated in California. Despite being adopted by different families, they never lost contact with each other. Both of their adopted family was kind enough to let them be in touch with each other's lives.

 

At first, she finds it difficult to adjust to her new family especially without her older sister by her side. She hated being separated with her. She only gets to visit her once a year, and that is if she has enough savings to travel all the way to California. But recalling her memories, the last time she saw her was three years ago and that whas when her sister had planned a quick visit to her. She was glad now because her sister would live and study in the same college with her.

 

She glance around the sea of people around her, searching for a certain brunette. She sighed and started roaming her eyes around her again and when she spotted her, she brightened. She shouted and waved, “Tiffany, I’m over here!”

 

The girl who turned heads as she passes by looks up. Spotting the person who called her, she immediately puts on an eye blinding smile as she walks toward her.

“Yuri!”

 

"You're late you know," Yuri raised one eyebrow at the girl.

 

"Tell me about it."

 

“It's fine though. What's important is you're here! Finally! So how was your flight?” Yuri asked as she took Tiffany's luggage.

 

"You don't want to know if I were you," Tiffany answered and rolled her eyes.

 

"Tell me. I miss you, you know." Yuri hugged her sideways.

 

“Well if you want to know, it was kinda okay,” Tiffany answered as she returned her sister’s hug and giggled.

 

“Okay. Whatever you say sis. So, should I you to our house or not?” Yuri grinned, breaking the embrace with her sister.

 

“Of course you Pabo! If you’re not, then where will I stay?” Tiffany frowned and smacked Yuri jokingly.

 

“Hey! Awww~” Yuri pouted rubbing the part where her sister had smacked her. “Geez, I was just joking Tiff. J-O-K-I-N-G.”

 

Tiffany narrowed her eyes and glared at her. “Okay, whatever,” Tiffany answered then flip her long wavy hair sassily. “Let’s just go Yul. I’m so tired now. The jetlag’s been catching up to me.”

 

Yuri sighed. “It seems you didn’t change a lot, Tiff. Still violent as ever I see,” Yuri commented, grinning. “If you don’t change your temper, you will never get a boyfriend.”

 

“I don’t care for that,” she answered her coldly.

 

“You don’t care for boyfriends huh? Maybe you want to have a girlfriend instead,” Yuri smirked. Testing her sister if she swings that way like she was.

 

“Shut it Yul. Boyfriend or girlfriend, I have no intentions of getting one.”

 

Yuri shrugged her shoulders, “If you say so, then let it be.”

 

 

===

 

 

Next morning, Tiffany woke up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter