Five

Our Love

TAEYEON'S POV

She immediately let go of me. “What?” I asked, not sure if I heard clearly. “It’s nothing. We should probably get to your apartment…” she trailed off. “Did you say you like me?” I asked, wanting to make sure I heard correctly. “Yes…” she whispered, lowering her head. I saw a blush spread across her face. I lifted her head with my index finger and looked into her innocent eyes. I felt myself getting closer and closer until our lips were almost touching. She closed her eyes as I closed the gap between us. I felt like fireworks were exploding everywhere as we kissed under the trees. Her lips were the softest thing I had ever felt, our lips fit together like they were made for each other. We pulled away from lack of oxygen and our foreheads rested against each other. “I like you too” I whispered.

                We pulled apart from each other as Tiffany’s phone buzzed. The screen lit up as a text from her mother showed up on the screen. “Where are you guys?” it read. We ran through the park towards her apartment, laughing. We reached her room. Thankfully, my eyes had adjusted to the large amounts of pink in the room or I would have been thrown back in shock again and it might have been a little awkward. We settled onto her bed again and I took out the book. Her grades were improving quite a lot. She snuggled into me as I began to teach her. 3 hours passed. I heard a light snore coming from Tiffany, so I turned my head slightly to face her. She looked like an angel as she slept. I slowly got up and picked her up. I tucked her in and gathered my things. I left her apartment quietly and made my way home. That night, I slept well for the first time in a while.

TIFFANY'S POV

                -February 26, 2013-

                A couple months had passed since that wonderful night. The night that will forever be engraved in my mind. Finals were not that far away. The library was packed with students studying. I spotted the book I’ve been look for for a while now. “Falling Stars”, the cover read. I picked it up and checked it out. I walked out of the room and headed towards the Biology classroom. I heard screaming, the noise coming from my left. I noticed the large group of people outside all gathered around the brick wall in a semicircle. I moved closer to it, only to see Taeyeon pressed up against the wall and a girl holding her collar. I ran towards Taeyeon, dropping my book as I sifted through the now quite large crowd. “WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! DO YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST TAKE TIFFANY FROM ME?! HUH? ANSWER ME?!” The girl screamed, bashing Taeyeon’s head into the wall, over and over again. I ran over to Taeyeon and grabbed her away from the girl. “Ha. Of course Tiffany would come to save you, you pathetic little midget.” scoffed the girl. I think I’ve seen her before… that’s right! She’s one of my ex-girlfriends. What was her name? I remember! It’s Nicole. I looked over to Taeyeon, only to see the back of her dripping blood. My eyes widened with horror as anger swelled in me. I walked and punched Nicole right in the nose. I watch as blood trickled out of her nose. Everything sounded distant now. The screaming, the sound of running footsteps. I turned to see the principal and a few teachers running towards us. I turned the other way and saw Yuri running towards us. I didn’t really have a problem with Yuri now; I accepted that Taeyeon and she were just friends. Everything happened so fast, I could barely process it. One minute I was standing outside the school after having just punched Nicole in the face, the next I found myself next to Taeyeon in the school’s nurse’s office, bandages wrapped around her head, blood staining the area where she was thrown against the wall. “Taeyeon, you are going to be fine. Just change those bandages every 6 hours and take this pain medication every time your head starts to hurt again.” The nurse said as she handed Taeyeon a small white bottle. We walked out of the nurse’s office and saw Yuri running towards us. “The principal wants you both in his office. Like, right now.” she said breathily, still a little tired from running. We all walked towards his office. I entered the small room and immediately noticed Nicole already standing there. I stood beside her. “Jung Nicole, Hwang Tiffany, regarding the…” he cleared his throat. “…incident that happened this morning, I’m afraid I’m going to have to suspend you both for 2 weeks.” “But Mr. Lee! If your girlfriend was getting beat up, wouldn’t you get mad? I had to protect Taeyeon!” I half-yelled. “You do make a good point Tiffany. Unfortunately, due to school rules, I cannot let you leave this room without a fair punishment.” he sighed. “Although, if you’re willing, I can give you a chance to not be suspended” he said. “If you get at least 20th ranking on the finals, you will not have to be suspended. You on the other hand, Miss Jung will have to face suspension with no lenience.” “WHAT?! WHY NOT?!” she yelled. “Well, first, you started the fight. Second, you have no valid reason to have fought with both Miss Kim and Miss Hwang.” he said matter-of-factly. “Of course I have a reason to start a fight! It was because she stole Tiffany from me.” she stated like it was obvious. “That is not a valid reason. You are both dismissed” he said, looking down at the paperwork on his desk again. Nicole stormed out of the room, yelling in frustration. Taeyeon and I looked at each other before following her out the door. “Looks like we have a lot of studying to do” Taeyeon said as we walked down the hallway, back to class.