Twenty

Our Love

Last chapter!

----------------------------------------------------

TAEYEON'S POV

I turned to my left to see Seohyun laying on the ground with a large smile her face, grateful to be out of that stone prison. I turned my back towards Yoona, and felt something fly past my head. I turned to see what it was, watching the glass of the old building we had exited about 5 minutes ago shatter. “EVERYONE GET DOWN!” I heard Yuri yell. I grabbed Tiffany and dropped to the ground. Nicole and Hyoyeon came out of the shadows, holding guns. “Kim Taeyeon.” said Nicole. “Hwang Tiffany.” said Hyoyeon. Nicole pointed her gun right at my forehead and pulled the trigger.

    I rolled out of the way just in time. The bullet tore apart a group of boxes right behind me. I saw Yoona whisper something in Seohyun’s ear out of the corner of my eye. She crawled backwards, towards the end of the alley and the busy street behind us. SHe slid through the crack between the old shack and the building on the other side of the building, pulling out her phone. I assumed she was calling the police. I crawled forward close enough to Hyoyeon without her noticing, while Yoona was creating a distraction behind me, yelling something about how Girls’ Generation is the best girl group. Of course, I had to agree. Who wouldn’t? I kicked Hyoyeon’s leg out from under her, grabbing the gun that slid across the ground when she fell. I pointed the gun at Nicole’s forehead. I saw Yuri grab Hyoyeon off the ground and throw her skull into the wall next to us, knocking her out. I walked over to Yuri, pointing the gun straight at Nicole’s heart, never breaking eye contact. “Get everyone else out of here.” I said to Yuri. She nodded once and turned back to the rest of the girls, who were still on their stomachs on the ground, unmoving from fear. Nicole looked straight into my eyes, her gaze burning and angry. She slowly moved her arm in Tiffany’s direction, never breaking eye contact. She aimed right at Tiffany’s head, pulling the trigger.

    Sunny tackled Tiffany to the ground, evading the bullet. In the shock of the moment, I pulled the trigger and released the bullet aimed right between Nicole’s eyes. She fell back, screaming in pain. The gun in her hand fell and skidded across the gravely alley. Loud sirens filled my ears as police officers rushed into the alley, grabbing Nicole and Hyoyeon. I watched as the life drained out of Nicole. I released the weapon in my hand, dropping to my knees. What had I just done? Tiffany came over to me and wrapped her arms around me. We stay there, kneeling on the hard stone, crying. The other girls surrounded us, crying as well. All 8 of us stood there, hugging. “The police would have shot her if you didn’t” Seohyun said, calming herself. An officer came up to us, saying “Miss Kim Hyoyeon will be taken back to Eseym Mental Hospital, where she will be watched with utmost attention. You don’t have to worry about her anymore.” he said, smiling sympathetically, before walking away. It was finally over. We were no longer in danger. I began crying once again, but this time with happiness.

 

TIFFANY’S POV

-August 5, 2018-

We walked down the beach, the setting sun glowing on Taeyeon’s face, making her look like an angel. The water splashed up on the shore, the cold spray grabbing my ankles and a wave of frost came over my feet. I squealed, running away. Taeyeon scooped up some seawater and chased behind me, throwing it at me when I was close enough. I tackled her, laughing as we both went down. We lay there, completely contempt with each other’s company, for a while. I rested my head on her chest, she wrapped her arms around my small body, pulling me closer to her in the soft sand. I would love to fall asleep this way. As the run reached the end of the horizon, she helped me stand up. “Fany, I know you’re the only one I want to share the rest of my life with. I can’t imagine growing old with anyone else. Life offers many challenges. I know I can meet them if you’re willing to face them with me.” She kneeled before me, pulling something out of her pocket. she said, smiling at me. She revealed a small black box, uncovering a beautiful diamond ring. “Tiffany Hwang, will you marry me?” she said. I jumped onto her in joy, hugging her so tight, she couldn’t breathe. She kissed me on the forehead and I said the one word she’d wanted to hear for so long. “Yes.”