Fourteen

Our Love

TIFFANY'S POV

-August 1-
            “Tiff, Yuri wants us to come over for dinner!” I heard Taeyeon yell from bedroom. “Tell her okay!” I yelled back. About an hour later, we were all ready to go. Taeyeon helped me into the car and we drove off into the night.
            “Um, Taeyeon?” I turned to her. I looked past her to the unfamiliar scenery around me. “This isn’t the way to Yuri’s house.”I said. “I’m just taking a different way” she said without looking away from the road. I settled back into my seat, deciding not to argue with her. I closed my eyes and drifted off the sleep, listening to the soft hum of the car.
            I opened my heavy eyelids and felt Taeyeon shaking me slightly. “Wake up baby” she laughed. I sat up and was immediately lifted out of the car, bridal-style, and walked down a fairly large beach. Taeyeon put my down in the sand and held my hand as we walked down the shoreline. “Tae, where are you taking me?” I asked as she pulled me along. “You’ll see baby.” she said. “But what about Yuri?” I asked, confused at why we were at a beach and not at Yuri’s house. Why was Taeyeon making her wait? “Just come” she said, leading me towards a small outcropping near the cliffs. I spotted a small table set up with a single candle placed on it. “Happy birthday, Fany” she whispered as she helped me into a chair. I stared at her in shock.  All this? For me? Wait. It was my birthday? “Tae, what day is it?” I asked her, slightly confused. “It’s August 1st, baby. Did you forget your own birthday?” she asked. “I think I did…” I mumbled, trying to figure out how I could have forgotten my own birthday. “Guess you’ve been too busy” she laughed. “Yah… Don’t laugh at me…” I said, pouting. “Aw, don’t pout baby. I got your favorite, smoked eel.” she smiled and fed me some. Wait, there’s food on this table. How am I not noticing anything? But this eel is really delicious. I began eating it, with the occasional feeding from Taeyeon, when I heard a large “BANG!” and an “OW!” coming from behind me. Barely audible and quite angry whispers reached my ears. I turned back to Taeyeon, only to see her facepalming. “What’s going on…?” I asked her. “SHUT UP!” someone loudly whispered behind me. “JUST HIT THE BUTTON ALREADY!” Taeyeon yelled to the trees behind me with an annoyed expression on her face. The ocean in front of me exploded into fireworks as Taeyeon hugged me from behind, planting kisses on my cheek. The fireworks stopped and I turned around as I heard a loud chorus of “HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIFFANY!” I saw my friends exit the underbrush of trees. “Okay, who yelled first?” Taeyeon asked, her annoyed expression returning. Yoona pushed Sooyoung forward, who ended up tripping and falling flat on her face. She stood up, sand covering her face. “IT’S NOT MY FAULT TAE! A FREAKING TREE BRANCH FELL ON MY HEAD!” she yelled. Taeyeon lightly smacked her head. “You didn’t have to yell” she said through giggles. Sooyoung’s sand covered face was pretty funny. We began laughing as Sooyoung backed away towards the trees again. “Yah! Come back here!” I yelled at her. We spent the rest of the night messing around on the beach.
 
TAEYEON’S POV
-July 29-
            “Guys, what should I do?” I asked my friends. I made them gather in my favorite coffee shop to discuss Tiffany’s birthday. The others just sat there, thinking. “Why don’t you get her a lot of food? Tiffany likes food!” Sooyoung said. “You idiot, that’s you.” Sunny stared at her, unamused. “I’m fine with anything you guys come up with, as long as it has nothing to do with cucumbers.” said Jessica, shivering at the thought of the green fruits. “Guys! I got it!” Yuri exclaimed, her face lighting up.