Thirteen

Our Love

TAEYEON’S POV

I ran through the hospital, trying to find Tiffany. I saw Jessica sitting outside a door, her head in her hands. I walked up to her and she looked up, her face streaked with tears. “Jessi…” I whispered. “What happened?” I asked, a little louder. “Nicole and Hyoyeon were in the car behind her when she was coming to my house. They sped up a lot behind her and made her go over 150 km/hr. Her brakes weren’t working and she crashed into a wall. I think they cut her brakes” she said between sobs. I fell to my knees in shock. Tears flowed out of my eyes and I broke down outside the door. “How long has she been in there?” I said, my voice now barely a whisper. “3 hours.” she said, rubbing my back. She helped me get up and sit on the bench across the narrow hallway. I heard the door open and looked up to see the doctor, his gloves covered with blood, walk out. “Miss Tiffany Hwang has not woken up yet. If she does not wake up soon, she will most likely pass away. I’m sorry. All we can do right now is pray.” he bowed and left. I ran inside to see Tiffany. She was laying there, her face pale. Blood seeped out of the cuts on her arms and bandages covered her entire body. I kneeled next to her still body. “Wake up Tiff” I whispered. “WAKE UP!” this time I yelled. Tears streamed down my face. I sat there crying for who knows how long, with Jessica trying to comfort me. Of course, she wasn’t doing a very good job, since she was breaking down, too. I felt her hand twitch. I sniffled and looked up. I watched as the color returned to her face and her eyes flickered open. “Taeyeon? Jessica? Where am I?” she mumbled, attempting to sit up. I got up and laid her back down. “Don’t move baby. How are you feeling?” I asked. “My head hurts…” she said. I smiled at her as the doctor came back into the room. “Good, you’re awake. Could you two please step away from Miss Hwang while I administer this painkiller?” he asked. I stepped backwards, watching him pull out a needle. Tiffany hated needles. “Um, Doctor Lee…” I said. “Yes?” he asked, turning around. I kept my eyes on the needle and said “Tiffany really hates those…” I said. “I’m sorry, but there’s no other way to give her the painkiller” he apologized. “Perhaps you could come over here and distract her while I give her the medicine?” He looked back and forth from me to Tiffany. I walked over to her after she gave a small nod, using up most of the small amount of energy she had in her body. I knelt down next to her and kissed her forehead as the alcohol was swabbed onto her arm. She brought her hand up and pulled me down to her lips. I closed the gap just as the needle pierced her skin. Our lips moved in sync, they fit together as if they were made for each other. I heard Jessica clear . I turned my head to look at her. “I’m still here you know” she said. I looked around. “Where’s Doctor Lee?” I asked her. “Well he left. You two have been making out for like 5 minutes.” she rolled her eyes. I got up, embarrassed. “So how do you feel Tiff?” she asked, walking over to her. “My head still hurts a little and I’m kind of sore but other than that I feel fine.” she said. The door opened and in walked Yuri, Sooyoung, Sunny, Yoona, and Seohyun. Sooyoung and Yoona held a large pink Totoro doll with the words “Tiffany’s Property” written across its middle. Tiffany smiled and sat up in the bud. “Guys…” she said, tearing up. We all shared a large group hug. We sat there, talking, for an hour.

           -July 20-

The next few days were torture without Tiffany at home. The doctor said she should stay at the hospital a little longer so that they can make sure she’s healing. I walked aimlessly around the living room. Everything reminded me of her. I heard my phone buzz across the room and I walked over to pick it up. It was a text from Jessica. “Doc says Tiff can b released 2day” it read. Jessica was never a fan of doing more work than was necessary, hence the improper spelling and grammar. Of course, I never texted in proper English either. “REALLY? OMG WHEN” I typed back and hit send. I bounced around the living room for a while, full of happiness. Wait. If Tiffany’s being released today, she would be coming home today. I dropped my phone on the couch and began cleaning everything. Maybe I should get her a cake for coming back. Yeah, that’s what I’ll do! Chocolate. She likes chocolate. I frantically ran around, trying to get everything back in place. I hadn’t really left the living room, since sleeping in the bedroom reminded me too much of Tiffany. I finished cleaning and I heard my phone go off again. “I was about 2 go pick her up. Wanna come?” it read. “Well duh” I texted back. “K, I’ll come pick u up. B ready in 5” she replied. I got dressed and came back out just in time. The doorbell rang and I answered it, only to see Jessica holding a water gun in my face. “What.” I said. “Haha, I found it in my car and figured, why not?” she said. “Come on, let’s go!” she grabbed my hand. I was thrown into her car and we started on our way to the hospital.

           We walked into Tiffany’s room and she threw her arms around me. “I missed you” she whispered in my ear. “YAH! I’m still here you know!” Jessica yelled. Tiffany laughed and threw herself at Jessica. “Of course I didn’t forget you, stupid.” she laughed. We walked out of the room together and checked her out of the hospital. Back in the car, Tiffany and I sat in the back while Jessica drove. She leaned her head on my shoulder, her eyes heavy. I kissed her forehead as she drifted into sleep.

           We reached the apartment, Tiffany still asleep on me. I lifted her up, bridal-style, and took her into the apartment. Laying her down on the couch, I walked out the door and thanked Jessica. When I came back inside, Tiffany was already waking up. “Mmm… Baby where am I…?” she mumbled, opening her eyes. “We’re home, sweetie.” I said, walking towards her. I sat down next to her and wrapped my arms around her small frame. She gasped as realization struck her. She bolted up and began running around the living room, flailing her arms around. “OHMYGOSH I’M HOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!” she yelled. I got up and stood a couple feet in front of her, waiting with open arms for her to run into me. I chuckled and wrapped my arms around her body once again. I lifted her up and brought her into the kitchen, setting her down in a chair. I grabbed a plate and opened the fridge, grabbing some leftovers from a couple days ago. “Sorry, I didn’t cook anything. I didn’t want to come in here for too long because it reminded me too much of you…” I said, putting it in the microwave. “Aw baby… Well I’m back now, so you still have to cook for me. Remember that!” she smiled at me. The microwave beeped and I grabbed the food out of the machine and transferred it onto Tiffany’s plate. I heard my phone ring from in the living room. “I’ll be right back baby” I said, leaving her in the kitchen.

           I picked up the phone and placed it against my ear. “Hello?” I said. “Hello is this Miss Kim Taeyeon?” asked a low, manly voice. “Um… Yes…” I said, slightly afraid now. “This is Officer Park from the Seoul Police Department, and we’d like to ask you and your girlfriend a couple of questions about what happened a couple days ago when your girlfriend was injured in that car accident. Can you two come down to the station as soon as you can?” he asked. “Of course” I said, hanging up the phone. I walked back into the kitchen, nervous. I ran into Tiffany who was about to walk out of the room. “SORRY!” she yelled right in my ear with a smirk on her face. “Hey Tiff…” I said. “What?” she asked, still half-smirking. “Do you think you can come to the police station with me? They want to ask what happened when you crashed.” I said. The smirk was wiped off her face. I saw fear in her eyes. It was like she was being thrown back to that day. “Tiffany” I said her name, bringing her out of her stupor. “Yeah, sure, of course. Let’s go!” she said, grabbing her coat. “Are you sure you’ll be okay?” I asked, worried. “Tae, I think you’ve known me long enough to know that I’ll definitely get revenge on those two for doing that to me!” she said, determined. She grabbed my hand and dragged me out the door.

           We entered the room and an officer, dressed in his uniform. “I just have a few questions to ask you, but please tell me if you’re uncomfortable. I know it only happened a few days ago, so I don’t want you to be distressed or anything.” he said with an understanding smile. Tiffany smiled back and replied with a “Of course officer.” For the next half hour, he asked us questions about what had happened that day, to which Tiffany answered with a slight smirk on her face. We left the room and headed home. “Tae…” she whispered, laying her head on my shoulder as I drove. “Yes baby?” I asked, taking my eyes off the road for a second to look at her beautiful face. “Yes?” I asked. “Are the police going to find Nicole and Hyoyeon?” she asked. “Of course they are baby. Don’t worry, you’ll be safe from now on, and this time I mean it.” I said. I pecked her forehead and turned my head back to the road, driving home.