Eighteen

Our Love

-September 23-

I slowly opened my eyes, and was instantly blinded by the strong lights. “Taeyeon? Are you awake?” Tiffany’s beautiful face came into my vision. She helped me sit up. I assessed my surroundings, finding myself in my own apartment, on my bed. I saw Jessica, Yuri, Sooyoung, and Sunny standing around me with worried expressions on their faces. “What time is it?” I asked, rubbing my head. “It’s 4AM” said Sunny, her eyes showing chaos and pain. Everyone looked like that. Then, I remembered. “WHAT HAPPENED TO SEOHYUN AND YOONA?!” I screamed. Tiffany rubbed my back soothingly, whispering, “Calm down Tae” into my ear. “It’s like 4 in the morning Tae, people are still screaming. Quit yelling.” sighed an extremely tired yet alert Yuri. Was that even possible? “Wait, so what are we going to do?” I asked. “Well we can’t call the police, they'll kill them.” said Yuri. “I guess we’re going to have to find them ourselves.” I said.

 

YOONA’S POV

    I woke up in a dark room with a splitting headache. I saw no door or window, only a dim light above us. Seohyun was lying on the ground next to me, still unconscious. This must have been Hyoyeon and Nicole’s doing. I saw Seohyun stir, opening her eyes and blinking to adjust to the darkness of the room. She turned to me, squinting through the obscurity. “Yoona? Where are we?” she asked me. “I don’t know baby…” I said to her. She got up and walked towards the opposite wall, running her hand along it. “Hyun…? What are you doing?” I asked, thoroughly confused. “Trying to find a way out.” she said, getting to the last wall. She reached the end and sat there, disappointed. “There’s nothing.” she sighed. I walked over to her and wrapped her in my arms. We were suddenly bathed in light coming from above us. We looked up to see a section of the steel ceiling slide away and be replaced by Hyoyeon staring into the opening. In her hand she held a plastic bag, which she then threw down to us, spitting into the room, before closing up the ceiling. I could tell we were outside, probably in an alley. If only I was on the other side of the room, I could have seen a clue to our location. Seohyun walked over to the bag that had been thrown into this room, picking it up and opening it carefully. “There’s food in here” she called to me. Food? More like slop. But I ate it anyways, since I was pretty hungry. It tasted faintly like cereal mixed with ketchup and maybe a little dog food. We sat on the ground, doing nothing, all day. I assumed it was already late when they opened the door for the last time, giving us our “dinner”. I heard the sound of stone scraping against stone, and darted to the other side of the room. I caught a glimpse of a cafe in the distance. Wait, that was no random cafe. It was Taeyeon’s favorite! In an instant, I knew exactly where we were. Across the street from the cafe was a small building which was always for lease, it was rumored to be haunted. If you go behind that building, there’s a small alley where no one goes. Rumor has it, people who went back there were murdered by the vengeful ghost who was trapped there.I watched as the stone slid shut before walking over to Seohyun and grabbing her by the shoulders, shaking her violently. “SEOHYUN! GUESS WHAT?” I yelled at her. I stopped shaking her and she fell back, dizzy. “Oops, sorry. But seriously guess what?” I said. “What is it that was so important that you had to give me a headache?” she rolled her eyes at me. “I think I know where we are” I said. her eyes grew wide. “WHERE?!” she yelled. I told her everything I had figured out in the past day. Her eyes widen even more with every passing second. How that I was even possible I have no idea. I yawned, noticing how tired I was after today’s events. We lay down on the cold stone floor together and slept.

 

SOOYOUNG’S POV

I barely got any sleep last night. Right now, we were headed for our school, which was currently out for fall break. Of course, the administration was still there, working. We had to wait until 9 to start, since that’s when the school opened. At least we got to eat before leaving. Food is important. Without food, how would we live? My thoughts were interrupted by Jessica. “Sooyoung~, are you thinking about food again?” she asked me. “Well I was… Until you ruined it…” I mumbled. She lightly tapped my head with her fist. “Idiot.” she laughed at me. Sunny looked from her phone where she was looking for information on Hyoyeon, glaring at her. “Just trying to lift the mood a little bit…” Jessica mumbled. “Don’t touch my girlfriend” Sunny said with an intimidating look, before bursting out laughing. “Guys, I found something on Hyoyeon…” Sunny’s face suddenly became serious. Yuri, who was stuck in the very backseat with Jessica, threw herself towards us, hitting her head on mine. “YURI!” I yelled at her. “Sorry…” she said, before turning to Sunny again. “So what happened?” asked Jessica. “She used to be a patient at Eseym Mental Hospital. She escaped three years ago.” she said. Well, that explains a lot. We got to the school and filed out of the car. We spent an hour in that stupid building, trying to get some useful information. They didn’t have anything, though. We went back to Taeyeon’s apartment, coming up with more ideas on how to find our two maknaes.