Nineteen

Our Love

SEOHYUN’S POV

-September 24-

I woke up with Yoona’s arms around me, on the cold stone floor. I got up, trying not to wake her, but ended up failing. She got up and looked up, in hopes that the ceiling was left at least a little open. Of course, there was nothing. I heard a faint noise coming from the corner of the room. I guess Yoona heard it too, since she snapped her head in the direction of the noise. “Do you hear that?” I asked stupidly. Of course she did, or she wouldn’t be walking towards it. “That’s my ringtone….” she said. We walked over to the wall. Maybe, there was a hidden button or something over there. I ran my fingers along the wall and across the floor until i found a small piece of stone unattached with the other ones. I pushed it down, opening a hole in the wall big enough for a person to cross through. We both entered the hole and found a long staircase extending to a door far above us. We climbed the stairs and came to a door halfway up, where we could hear the ringing just inside. I opened the door warily, and came upon our phones, a computer, Yoona’s iPod, and my candy. We grabbed our belongings and left the small room, ascending the stairs once again. We reached the door at the top, only to find it locked. Not the kind of lock that you can pick, either. A lock with a password. Not even a numbered passcode like my phone. AN ACTUAL PASSWORD. “Ugh.” I groaned in frustration, sitting on the last step. She sat down next to me and wrapped her arm across my shoulders. “Don’t worry baby. We’ll get out of here.” She got out her phone and texted Yuri. I leaned on her shoulder, reading the text she was sending. “Trapped underground in alley behind haunted building near Tae’s fav cafe send help” it read. “They’ll get us out of here. Don’t worry.” she said, kissing my temple. We walked down the stairs and back to the stone room.

 

HYOYEON’S POV

    I stared at the monitor, watching their every move. Perfect. Just as I planned. I laughed maniacally before getting up to get a cup of coffee from the kitchen. Now all I had to do was wait.

 

YURI’S POV

“You know, we could always-” Sunny was cut off by the loud “지금은 소녀시대!” that came from my phone. My text tone never failed to make Sooyoung jump from it’s volume. I looked down at my phone. “GUYS. ITS A TEXT FROM YOONA” I yelled. They all gathered around me. The room grew completely silent as we read the words on the screen to ourselves. “What are we waiting for?! Lets go!” yelled Taeyeon, grabbing her keys. We piled into her car, ready to get back our maknaes.

 

YOONA’S POV

    The ceiling opening once again. I expected another delivering of slop food, yet it never came. Nicole and Hyoyeon peered into the hole, then left. With the hole unclosed. Why would they do that? I looked to Seohyun and saw she was equally confused.

 

SUNNY’S POV

    “We’re here!” yelled Taeyeon. Jessica slid open the door. I slid out and stood in the middle of the street, waiting for Yuri to show us where to go. She led us towards the building, only for Tiffany to stop about 5 feet from the entrance. She was the most afraid of ghosts out of all of us. “Come on Fany” Sooyoung urged her on. “Ghosts…” she whispered, turning pale. Taeyeon walked over to her and wrapped her arms around her. “We’re doing this for Yoona and Seohyun. If there were ghosts, they’d already be dead.” she whispered. Tiffany nodded once, and we set off into the building. I opened the door and immediately ran into a shelf. That’s how dark it was in there. “GROSS! EW! OMG!” I heard random screams behind me. I guess I had somehow avoided the cobwebs that everyone else was now covered in. I tripped again over what I think was a book of some sort, falling on my face. “OK, THAT’S IT, SOMEONE GET OUT THEIR PHONE OR FLASHLIGHT OR SOMETHING!” I yelled, still face down on the dusty ground. I spit dust out of my mouth, thoroughly disgusted. Yuri chuckled behind me and grabbed her phone, shining the light directly on me. The rest of the girls burst out laughing at my situation. I got up, scraping some dust from the ground and throwing it at them. Of course, that only made Yuri smack me upside the head. “Ok but seriously guys we have to go find the maknaes.” said Jessica from behind. “지금은 소녀시대!” Yuri’s phone sounded, causing Sooyoung to once again jump from surprise. “Okay, you have got to change that” she said, calming down. We trudged forward, with only Yuri’s phone light, cutting through the thick darkness, to guide us. We reached the back of the store after what seemed a lifetime. Taeyeon carefully pulled open the door and walked through to the alley, pulling Tiffany along with her. We stepped through into the little sunlight reaching the ground.Compared to the darkness of the shack behind us, the small amount of light in this narrow strip between buildings was almost blinding. It took a moment to adjust enough to continue on. “Where are you?” Yuri texted Yoona. She replied almost immediately, with a picture of the hole in the ceiling. Another text came from her, saying “it’s about 8 feet above us, according to Seohyun.” Taeyeon spotted the hole in the ground, rushing over to it. “YOONA! SEOHYUN! ARE YOU GUYS IN THERE?!” she yelled into it. I heard a faint “yes” coming from inside. “Did you bring a ladder or something?” asked Seohyun. “Well we would have if we had known you were stuck in a hole” Tiffany said sarcastically. After a while, I found myself in the air, halfway into the hole, reaching forwards to grab Yoona’s hands and pull her back up. Sooyoung was holding onto my ankles, and we were both being lowered into the hole by the other 4 girls, who were struggling not to drop us. I got close enough to Yoona to grab her hands, and I heard Sooyoung yell at the others to pull us back up. Why they chose the shortest girl of our group to go down into the hole, I have no idea. I felt myself being lifted out, and I felt the stone under my knees as I pulled Yoona into the sunlight. She squinted, not used to the light after being trapped in such a dark room for so long. I was once again lowered into that miserable hole, pulling Seohyun up to the light.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter is the last!