Ten

Our Love

“Not. Another. Step.” said the blonde with the kendo sword. “Now now Hyoyeon, don’t get too aggressive. Yet.” Nicole said in a satanically low voice. “Nicole, let go of Tiffany and we won’t hurt you.” Seohyun said. “Don’t act like you have an advantage here.” sneered the girl I assumed was named Hyoyeon. I remember her from somewhere… SHE WAS THE ONE THAT HIT ME OVER THE HEAD IN TIFFANY’S ROOM BEFORE I PASSED OUT! What a great time to realize things… Seohyun signaled for me to hit the button on the remote control in my pocket that the mic and camera in Jessica’s glasses so the search and rescue officers above us could figure out what was going on before sending in officers. At that moment, Tiffany moved. “Now she wakes up. She had like 12 hours to wake up before this but she wakes up now.” Nicole said in a frustrated and slightly shocked voice.
 

TIFFANY’S POV

-March 18, 11:26 PM-

My head hurts so much right now. Wait, where even am I? I opened my eyes and found myself in a small, dark compartment that never stopped shaking. I stretched out my arms, only to find they didn’t extend all the way. I ran them along the floor, finding a small, tubular thing. I picked it up and put it directly in front of my face. Of course, it was too dark to see what it was. Good job Tiffany. I ran my fingers along the surface of the tube, hoping to find something to give me a clue of what I was holding. Eventually, I found it. A small switch. I flipped it, and the blinding light went straight towards my eyes. Hm, a flashlight. How ironic.I looked around,finding myself in what seemed like the trunk of a car. I was thrown against the wall as the car stopped. I heard a door open and slam against the sturdy steel frame of the vehicle. I turned off the flashlight and threw it against the wall in panic. I pretended I was still unconscious, mentally slapping myself in the face. They would know I was awake by now, they must have heard the noise the flashlight made. I heard the door open and sunlight flooded my vision behind my eyelids. I felt myself being lifted out of the car and thrown onto the ground. My back hit the dusty earth and pain shot up my spine, spreading throughout my body. I endured it, still feigning unconsciousness. I felt my leg being pulled up. I felt my back being dragged against the rough stone and dust below. The pain was almost unbearable, I was grateful when I was let go of. I heard the two pacing in front of me. I opened my eyes, only to be enveloped in the same darkness as when my eyes were closed.  I felt myself being pulled up by the arms. i felt my arms being tied to something behind me, and next thing I know, I’m being slapped across the face. My face was pulled up to Nicole’s level and my eyelids were forced open. “Guess you thought we wouldn’t realize you were already awake.” she said, her face inches away from mine. She backed up and punched me in the face, multiple times. The pain was virtually unbearable, considering my tired and frail body, causing me to pass out.

 

NO ONE’S POV

    -March 19-

Above the cave, in the helicopters, “Lee, how do we get into there and extract Miss Hwang without Miss Jung slitting ?” a voice said through the intercommunications system. “We need Miss Seohyun to taser Miss Jung before blowing the top off their location in the cave and getting Miss Hwang out of there.” said another. “But how do we get Miss Seohyun to Miss Jung?” there was a third.

TAEYEON’S POV

               Seohyun heard all this through her headpiece. She motioned Sunny closer to her and whispered in her ear for a second. Sunny nodded and scooted back to me. She whispered in my ear to throw a flash bomb behind Nicole and Hyoyeon. I nodded once and threw the bomb. It exploded behind them and both Nicole and Hyoyeon turned to look. Seohyun then ran up behind them and tased both. They fell on the ground, the knife and kendo sword clattering next to them. Sunny ran toward the weapons and grabbed both before the two could regain their senses. Tiffany, whom Nicole let go of when she was tased, ran into my arms. I could see tears in her eyes. The roof of the cave above us exploded and ropes were thrown in through the opening. Officers in bulletproof vests descended from the ropes and grabbed each of us, except Seohyun, who was handed a pair of handcuffs by an officer and the two grabbed one psychopath each and handcuffed them. When we all got outside they were shoved into a helicopter and we got back into Seohyun’s. We flew all the way back to Seoul, with Tiffany leaning her head on my shoulder, asleep. I could hear Hyoyeon and Nicole screaming in the helicopter behind us. They were quite loud for two people that had been handcuffed and put in a sort of blocked off area, like the back off a police car. I was too worried about Tiffany to look out the window on the way here. I leaned towards the window slowly so as not to let Tiffany fall off me. The view was breathtaking. The Han River glittered beneath us as we neared Apgujeong. We got back to the Seoul Military Defenses building and got out of the aircraft. Seohyun tossed the keys to a waiting Jaejoong and walked back into the building yelling “THANKS JAE! YOU GUYS COMING?”. “Yoona seriously what happened to your girlfriend today? DID YOU PUT SOMETHING IN HER BREAKFAST?!” yelled Sunny. Yoona smacked Sunny in the back of the head and yelled “OF COURSE NOT WHY WOULD I DO THAT TO MY OWN GIRLFRIEND YOU IDIOT?” “Yoona, don’t yell and apologize to Sunny for hitting her.” Seohyun turned around and scolded her girlfriend. “Yes Hyun” Yoona said, putting her head down again. Seohyun had become so confusing in one day I didn’t even know how to describe it. We walked to Seohyun’s range rover and drove back to Seohyun’s apartment, where we all said our goodbyes and hugged a little before going our separate ways for the weekend. Tiffany and I walked together through the cold, dark night. “아직도 먼 미래의 일이겠지만” I heard my phone ring. It was an unknown number. I hit the answer button and put the phone up to my ear. “This won’t be the last you hear of us” a voice said. Nicole’s voice. Then, there were grunts and screams and the sound of people fighting. There was the sound of metal clanging and distant yells. The phone call ended. “Who was that?” asked Tiffany. I held her hand and put it in my pocket to protect it from the cold winds. “Nobody baby. Wrong number.” I said. I did not want her to worry, especially after what had happened today.

               I lay in my bed, staring at the ceiling. Nicole was in jail along with her insane friend Hyoyeon, but those two gave me a bad feeling. Especially that phone call… I forced myself into a troubled and frequently disturbed sleep.