Twelve

Our Love

12:30 AM. Hyoyeon was behind the wheel now. We drove through the brightly lit streets. She turned down a street with my no lights on and kept going far into the darkness. “Um Hyo, where are we going…?” I asked. “I said it was a hideout, didn’t I babe? Don’t worry, we’ll be there in a few minutes.” she said. I sat back in my seat, waiting to get to wherever it was. We got out of the car in a place so dark I couldn’t see anything. I heard the sound of a car door opening and closing. I heard footsteps coming closer and closer until it stopped outside my door. Where was Hyoyeon?! Did she just leave me here? Did the entire year we dated mean nothing to her?! IS SHE GOING TO KILL ME?! The constant barrage of question that ran through my head gave me a slight headache. I heard my door open. I saw a faint hand through the darkness. A light in front of my face. I had been enveloped in darkness for so long it was almost blinding. Once my vision came back to me, I could see Hyoyeon’s face in front of me, a worried look on her face. “Are you okay?” she asked, helping me out of the car. I slapped her arm lightly. “Hyo! You scared me! I thought you were going to kill me!” I yelled at her. “Sorry babe…” she said. She led me away from the car. We stopped and I lowered my head. The flashlight in her hand showed an old wooden door embedded in the concrete. “This is what you meant by hideout?” I asked, slightly disgusted by the mold growing on the corner of the door. “Take it or leave it. You wanted a place to hide.” she said, shrugging. She ed a key into the small lock in the middle of the door and opened it up. She descended down the stairs and I had no choice but to follow. She shut the door above us, locking it, and then the lights. This is not what I expected. The place was well lit, well furnished, and looked like there were a lot of expensive things in it. “Hyoyeon, how did you do this?” I asked. “Well, I used to live here.” she said. “I liked the place because it was away from people and I made it my own.” she threw herself into one of the beige leather couches and groaned, stretching her limbs. “I haven’t laid on something this soft in a year” she said. I stood there, still in shock at the house. I lay down next to Hyoyeon and rested my head on her chest. She wrapped her arms around my body and we lay there for a few minutes. I could get used to this. Now all I needed was to get back at Tiffany and Taeyeon…

TIFFANY’S POV

           -July 11-

           “Hey Tiffany, where are you going?” Taeyeon, lying lazily on the couch, asked as I grabbed my keys, about to open the front door. “Jessica wanted me to come over.” I said, walking over to her. I gave her a kiss on the cheek after seeing her slightly upset face. I saw worry in her eyes. “Taeng, what’s wrong?” I asked. “I get nervous when you aren’t close to me ever since what happened…” she trailed off. “It’s ok baby. I’ll be fine.” I pecked her lips. She pulled me down closer to her and connected our lips once again. She broke the kiss and sat up. “Be careful.” she said. “I will. I’ll be back in maybe an hour ok?” I said. She nodded once and I turned and walked out the door. I descended the steps and made my way to my car. Opening the door, I slid in and started the vehicle. I drove the car out of the parking spot and out onto the main road. I looked in my rearview window and saw two people in the car behind me that looked suspiciously similar to Hyoyeon and Nicole. I calmed myself, taking out my phone with one hand and calling Jessica. I put the phone on speaker and let it rest in the cupholder, since I had nowhere else to put it. “Hey Tiff, what’s up?” she asked. “Jess, I’m on my way to your place, but there are two people in the car behind me and they look a lot like Hyoyeon and Nicole. I’m scared.” I said.  The car sped up a little behind me, making me go faster. “It’s probably not them, but still, if you’re scared, I can come pick you up if you want. Where are you?” she asked. “I’m near that one shopping mall we go to” I said. “They’re speeding up a lot behind me Jess. It’s making me go 152 km/hr (95 mph)” I wailed into the phone. “Don’t worry Tiff, I’m coming.” she said. I heard rustling noises and running footsteps. I was already up to 180 km/hr (111 mph). I saw Jessica’s car coming down the other side of the road. I tried to pull over and wait for her, but my brakes weren’t working. “JESSI, THE BRAKES AREN’T WORKING!” I yelled into the phone. I tried to slow myself down by letting go of the gas pedal and pulling the emergency brake, but that wasn’t working either. I crashed into a wall, the car top collapsing on me and crushing my body. I promised Taeyeon I wouldn’t get hurt, but here I am, being crushed by my own car. The last thing I saw before blacking out was the two in the car behind me driving off, laughing maniacally at what they had done.

JESSICA’S POV

           152 km/hr?! She’s going to kill herself if she goes that fast! That definitely sounds like something Nicole and Hyoyeon would do. I ran outside and threw my door opening, ing the key into the car and starting it. I drove towards where Tiffany said she was. I saw her car and the one behind her, painted red and crushed in the front. Bits of the paint were peeling off the car. I saw the familiar blue and white patterns that could only belong to a police car under the peeling paint. I looked through the front window and saw the faces of Hyoyeon and Nicole. I turned back to my friend and watching as she tried to pull over. “JESSI, THE BRAKES AREN’T WORKING!” I heard her scream. The car smashed into a wall and crushed under Tiffany. I got out of my car and ran over to her, calling 119. I watched in horror as the two drove away, laughing maniacally. I saw Tiffany under the top of the car, her head bleeding and her eyes closed. She couldn’t be dead. She couldn’t be. I fell to my knees, crying, as the paramedics loaded her onto the ambulance. One of them helped me up, leading me towards the ambulance. I answered all the questions they asked me about Tiffany’s health and the accident, never looking away from her face, as the vehicle sped towards the hospital. When we reached the hospital, Tiffany was taken straight to the emergency room. I had to wait outside while they treated her. I held my head in my hands. Why didn’t I get there faster?! I took out my phone and called Taeyeon. “Hey Jess. What’s up?” she asked. “Taeyeon...” I could barely speak, holding back my tears. “Jessica, is everything okay? Are you crying?” she asked, her voice full of worry. “Tiffany is in the hospital.” I said, letting all the tears out again. I heard nothing for a full 10 seconds. There was the sound of running footsteps, slamming doors, and a car racing. The line went dead.