One

Our Love

NO ONE'S POV

-December 10, 2012-

Taeyeon trudged through the crowded hallways, head down. Suddenly, there was a “HEY” as she collided with something – or someone. She looked up, ready to apologize, when she found herself staring right into the eyes of Tiffany Hwang. The most popular girl in the school, the girl that ignored just about everyone, the girl that scared the entire school. Of course, that excluded her group of friends. “Sorry” Taeyeon whispered, grabbing her books and running away. She found her classroom and walked inside; sitting in the very back of the room where she hoped no one would notice her. Being the most well known nerd in the school, she chose to hide from most people before they could pick on her. As the students filled the classroom, the noise grew louder. She watched as Tiffany’s friend circle walked through the door, laughing loudly. They all sat in the middle of the room and shoved their desks toward each other. The bell rang and Mr. Park walked through the door. He began to talk and immediately, Tiffany and friends started passing notes.

I stared at the clock and wondered when this class would be over. Mr. Park was lecturing us about the structure of DNA. Again. We learnt this exact thing last week. I guess the people in this class just don’t understand things the first time. The bell finally rang and I gathered my things. “Miss Hwang, Miss Kim, stay a little bit after class” I heard from the front of the room. I sat back down, wondering why he needed me. Why would he need Tiffany too? I have a bad feeling about this. The classroom emptied and Mr. Park asked us to come up to his desk. “Miss Hwang, you are failing this class. Miss Kim is your new tutor. No complains. Miss Kim, you must tutor Miss Hwang 5 days a week for at least an hour a day, starting tomorrow. You may go now.” We stood there in shock for a minute. “But-“Tiffany started, but was cut off by Mr. Park. “I said no complains. Now go or you’ll be late for your next class.” he said. “Yes Mr. Park.” we said as we exited the classroom. I spent the rest of the day trying to figure out how I’m supposed to deal with Tiffany for an hour every day.

TIFFANY'S POV

I walked out the door and past Sunny, who was waiting for me at the door, still in shock. I need a tutor? “Hey Tiff what happened in there?” asked Sunny, running to catch up to me. “He’s making me get a tutor.” I said, shock written all over my face. “Really? Wow I didn’t think you were that dumb.” she laughed. “But seriously who is it?” “Kim Taeyeon.” I responded. “WHAT? THE SCHOOL NERD? OMG Tiff I feel so bad for you…” she screamed. “What’s so bad about her anyways?” I asked Sunny. “Really Tiff? THE SCHOOL NERD. I can’t believe you’re stuck with HER. At least you can copy off her homework. Race you to class!” she ran off. “I don’t think she’s that bad…” I mumbled to myself before running to catch up with Sunny.

-December 11-

                I walked into school. I saw Seohyun’s tall head through the students and made my way towards my friends. The students in the hallway cleared a path for me when they saw me. A lot of people are afraid of me or think I’m stuck up because I don’t really talk to that many people, but that’s just because I’m a little shy. I’m actually quite curious about Taeyeon, though. I wonder what she’s like. I reached Seohyun and I saw the rest of my friends standing there. “So, today’s the day, huh?” Yoona asked, slinging her arm over my shoulder. “What?” I asked, still slightly sleepy. “Today’s the day you have to start tutoring with that nerd.” Yoona answered. “Yoona, don’t be mean” Seohyun scolded her girlfriend. “Ha, whipped” Sooyoung laughed. “Oh shut up.” Yoona walked over to Seohyun, putting her arm around her waist and pulling her close to her. We walked to our first class laughing and talking about random things.

After school, I walked outside to find Taeyeon, since we agreed she would tutor me at my apartment, since the library is too quiet to talk in and I feel most comfortable in my own room. I saw her reading under a tree away from the other students. I walked up to her. “So, are you going to come or not?” I asked, smiling. She got up, embarrassed. We walked to my apartment in silence. When we entered my apartment, I set my stuff down on my desk. She almost fell backwards in shock at the amount of pink in my room. “You really like pink, don’t you?” she asked. “Haha, yeah…You can sit down you know” I said to her, pointing to the bed. “Ok” she said and sat down. I sat down next to her and cuddled my limited edition bubblegum pink Totoro plush as she started to explain the structure of DNA. I stared at her. I loved the way her face got serious as soon as she started speaking. I had no idea what she was saying. I could only focus on her beautiful face. Her head turned. “Are you even listening to me?” She pouted. I think she was trying to kill me; it was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. “Huh? What?” I snapped out of my trance. Where did that come from? “Are you even listening to me?” she asked again. “Could you… repeat what you were saying about the structure of RNA?” I asked. “It’s DNA, and this time LISTEN.” she said, sighing. She was so cute when she was frustrated. I tried really hard that day to listen. I really did, but she was too beautiful, I couldn’t focus on Biology for more than 5 minutes at a time. “Why do people not like you?” I suddenly asked. She looked up from the book, looking incredibly confused. “What?” she asked. “I asked why people don’t like you.” I repeated. “I don’t know, probably because I’m the school nerd.” she said. “But why should that matter?” I asked. “I like you.” “Thanks” she replied as a blush spread across her cheeks. She looked down at her watch. Her eyes grew wide and she grabbed all her things. “I should go, it’s getting late. I’ll see you tomorrow.” she said and ran out the door. That night, I couldn’t fall asleep. All I could think about is her beautiful face. Kim Taeyeon, what are you doing to me?

TAEYEON'S POV

                I ran out of Tiffany’s room. I bolted into my apartment and slammed the door, sliding my back down against it. “I like you”. Those three words kept repeating in my head. Why? I could barely focus at Tiffany’s apartment. I had to look at the textbook the whole time because if I looked at Tiffany, I’d get lost in her beautiful brown eyes again. What was happening to me? I couldn’t sleep that night, I could only think about her and how nice to me she was, how sweet her voice sounded, and how beautiful she was. Tiffany Hwang, what are you doing to me?