$ Married Couple

Half A Million Wedding (Maybe Marriage too)

"Yay, my favourite! Hey, let me try that!"

Daehyun's probably the most childish one among the group of kids, Yongguk sighs. He can never understand Daehyun's existence.

"Yah! Don't eat the kid's ice cream! You're getting your saliva on it!" He chides the overaged kid when Daehyun leans over clumsily trying to taste the inviting peppermint cone in a little boy's hand. Daehyun pauses midway and frowns at Yongguk who carries on nonchalantly to the small boy, "Don't eat his saliva, you just might turn stupid like him!"

Daehyun slowly eases away when the boy gives him a suspicious look, hand with the ice cream retreating. Daehyun pouts at the child and says, "Yah, you really think I'm stupid too?"

The boy frowns in thought and says, "I don't know. But I don't want to take a chance!"

Yongguk chuckles out loud at the satisfactory answer as he ruffles the boy's hair. "Ahh, better not take chances!" He taunts before drinking from his hot coffee.

Daehyun bares his incisors at Yongguk before tapping at the hot cup of coffee in Yongguk's hand, spilling the hot contents onto Yongguk's cheeks. He cackles when Yongguk leaps up from his chair, wiping at his face furiously as the hot liquid scalds his skin.

"JUNG DAEHYUN!" Yongguk yells as he grabs napkins to save his jeans. Daehyun on the other hand, is rather amused like the other children.

"Mehrong~" He teases with his tongue sticking out until Yongguk's waving fist frightens him into obedience. He sits on his ice cream quietly.

Yongguk could do with children laughing and screaming, but he absolutely hates the noises Daehyun makes. It's just horrible. He sends another glare to Daehyun who slowly shifts away to his new found friends, quickly immersing himself with childish conversation. Throughout the whole commotion Yongguk and Daehyun was making, a group of girls are making comments to one another secretively and sniggering with the kind of glee that makes Yongguk curious about.

"Hey girls, what are you bunch laughing about?" He asks and the other children turn to the grinning girls, eyes wide with interest but still busy on their ice creams.

The girls giggle before one of them speaks, "We were just talking about something funny?"

"What is it?" Daehyun says, for the busybody he is.

"Nothing! We were just saying how much the two of you are like a married couple!"

The end of the sentence dissolves into giggles  and some of the boys start to tease Daehyun.

"Haha, Daehyunnie is married to a guy!"

"Daehyunnie hyung! Are you the wife?"

"YAH! WHAT WIFE?! I'M A MAN!" Daehyun explodes and starts to chase after the fleeing boys out into the snow plain, the group roaring with laughter.

Meanwhile, Yongguk just sits there with his hand over his face. He shouldn't ask too many questions. Curiosity kills the cat.

 

 

 

The kids bid both Yongguk and Daehyun farewell when their parents appear at the ski lodge cafe, waving through the window.

"Looks like it's time to go home kids." Yongguk says as they begin to leave their seats.

"Bye ahjussi! Thanks for the ice cream!" The children wave as they go off but all of them seem to miss Daehyun the most.

"BYE! IF I HEAR YOU SAYING FUNNY THINGS ABOUT ME AGAIN--" Daehyun yells to the boys and pretends to punch his fists as the kids run away, laughing and screaming at Daehyun.

"Yah, children. They're so much fun." Daehyun sighs as he rubs his hands together.

Yongguk silently agrees and he walks off to the exit with Daehyun tagging behind him, seemingly quieter this time.

"Yah, ahjussi. We just spent the whole day together. It wasn't that bad, right?" Daehyun grins at Yongguk as they return the equipments. Yongguk just glances at him before leaving by himself stubbornly once more.

"Aye, this ahjussi." Daehyun sighs as he starts to catch up with Yongguk for the umpteenth time again.

 

 

Yongguk is glad that Daehyun's mercifully silent throughout their walk back to the hotel. He wouldn't want to admit, but Daehyun and the kids kept his mind off of Jieun for the whole day at the ski lodge. He would've spent his time missing Jieun too much for his own sanity if he stranded off alone. And it's all thanks to Daehyun. But he doesn't want to admit it. Daehyun is still annoying.

"Ahjussi-ah... I'm hungry..." Daehyun whines and almost knocks into Yongguk when the man suddenly stops in his steps.

"Yah," Yongguk tosses a sideways glance to Daehyun. "Get your own food."

"Aye, Ahjussi, you're rich. Feed me." Daehyun whines and has the audacity to grab onto Yongguk's arm, shaking the annoyed man.

"Don't touch me!"

"Ahjussi~"

 

 

They end up at a restaurant and Yongguk examines the menu, disinterested, wondering, 'Why?' Just why the hell does he always have to end up with this stupid kid!

"Ahjussi! Can I order lobster?"

"Yah... Know your limits..." Yongguk warns the excited Daehyun. This stupid kid... always gets so excited over food... What a rice bucket.

Yongguk summons the waiter over and when Daehyun's about to repeat every single dish name verbatim on the menu, he kicks him hard in the shin under the table, silencing Daehyun once and for all before sending the waiter away.

"Ahjussi... My leg... is probably broken..."

"That's great." Yongguk drawls, bored.

Daehyun glares at Yongguk as he rubs at his shin. "You're mean!"

Yongguk's eyes narrows as he lean over the table to Daehyun, hissing, "Don't forget you already ate 780 dollars off of me!"

Speechless, Daehyun shrinks back into his seat, playing with his fingers sulllenly.

Daehyun eats like a whirlwind when the food comes and Yongguk watches like a tourist entertained by a monkey. Well at least the money he's spending on is a little worth it...

Daehyun's table etiquette is as horrible as the noise he makes. Yongguk throws the napkin on the table after his wipes his mouth, too uninterested in his food to eat anymore. In front of him sits an overgrown child with sauce all over his mouth. Yongguk exhales into his palm. He's too tired to even tell Daehyun to watch himself. Daehyun, on the other hand, carries on wolfing down his food without a care in the world. Yongguk shakes his head as Daehyun digs into his second serving and almost lashes out at the boy when Daehyun asks, "Hey ahjussi, you're done? Can I have your leftovers?"

Yongguk breathes heavily into his palms, JUNG DAEHYUN, JUST HOW HUNGRY ARE YOU?!