$ Tigger

Half A Million Wedding (Maybe Marriage too)

Daehyun's still yawning when they make their way out of Yongguk's house. Yongguk sends a distasteful look to Daehyun. Why the hell is he driving his assistant to work? Shouldn't it be the other way round?

 

"Ahjussi... What about breakfast?"

 

"I don't eat breakfast."

 

"I do."

 

"You're on your own, kid."

 

But they end up stopping near a fastfood restaurant anyway. Daehyun hops back aboard with freshly packed breakfast sets with Yongguk waiting behind the wheel with a grumpy face and dark shades.

 

"Hey ahjussi, I bought yours too!"

 

Yongguk chucks the paperbag at one side and starts driving, uninterested. Daehyun frowns at him and starts the half an hour long lecture about breakfast on their way to the company and Yongguk's just about to drive into the nearest canal.

 

"Hey Yongguk!" Himchan's the first voice they hear when they enter the company with Daehyun trailing behind Yongguk. "Great timing, check out what they wrote about you... And your wife."

 

Yongguk takes the magazine from Himchan hesitantly and takes off his shades, narrowing his eyes at the article. He scans through it without much enthusiasm and throws it back to his manager before making way to his studio first thing. Daehyun follows Yongguk but peers a little at the article in Himchan's hand. Himchan grabs him. "Hey Daehyun, great job. They were completely fooled!"

 

"Haha, no problem..." Well, succeeding in crossdressing isn't really something to be proud about...

 

The day goes on as usual with Daehyun running errands for Yongguk, all the menial chores and labourious crap is up on his shoulders but everytime he's feeling tired, he takes out his phone and admires the blackmail pictures he took of Yongguk to make his day brighten up once again. That's how life goes on as usual.

 

When Daehyun comes back from another run for coffee, Yongguk's staring at his phone with a face as black as coal and Daehyun almost wants to make his way out before the door closes again but Yongguk saw him. He almost tiptoes to Yongguk's desk, a little wary of what storm's about to come, and sets the coffee on Yongguk's desk but the storm never did come. All Yongguk did was have his own little turbulance inside and Daehyun bets it's Jieun again. He however, doesn't ask anything and exits the room.

 

That evening, Yongguk leaves on his own and Daehyun's about to stand up from his chair to follow the man but decides against it. He presses his lips together as Yongguk disappears behind the door.

 

 

 

 

"I'm returning him to you. He's yours anyway."

 

The little cream poodle stares up at Yongguk with innocently oblivious eyes and Yongguk rubs a hand over its head, holding back the sigh inside his chest. He keeps his eyes on the puppy so he wouldn't have to look at Jieun. He's afraid to look at her eyes now that they've ended on a bad note. Whenever they meet eyes, an unexplanable guilt grips him around the neck and it's about to kill him. The dog stares at him with naive eyes and she leaves just like that, without another word. He pets the poodle, seemingly unaffected, as always, pretending when he's just about to break inside.

 

Luckily he wore shades.

 

 

He drives himself back to the company studio and a certain idiot is sleeping at his desk. He nudges Daehyun by the shoulder.

 

"Go home. I'm done for the day."

 

"Oh..." Daehyun answers sleepily and his blurred vision focuses on the tiny puppy cradled in Yongguk's arm. His eyes brighten up at the sight and he asks enthusiastically, "Where did you get this?"

 

"It's mine."

 

"I've never seen him before."

 

Yongguk returns to his deskfront, ignoring Daehyun and the boy takes the hint that Yongguk's just can't be bothered right now. He waves at the small puppy sitting on Yongguk's desk before slipping behind the door. The cream poodle barks at the exiting boy.

 

Tigger begins appearing everywhere ever since and Daehyun... Daehyun feels like he's just been demoted from personal assistant to dog nanny... The worst thing is that, Yongguk treats Tigger better than him (┳◇┳)

 

Tigger's really cute and Daehyun loves dogs but that doesn't mean that he likes to play nanny for a 3 month old puppy that runs everywhere. And poops around everywhere...

 

"AISH! Why didn't bloody Yongguk potty train you? Hmm? Poor doggie, you'll never learn anything good from him anyway." Daehyun coos to Tigger as he carries the cream poodle, the puppy already accustomed to sitting in the little space Daehyun makes for him everytime on the crook of his arm. The dog yelps in excitement as Daehyun throws the dirty tissues into the bin after cleaning up the mess it made. Daehyun sighs and pets the dog. "Let's go find your daddy." Daehyun narrows his eyes at the word 'daddy'. Bloody Yongguk... cooing at a dog... That image of Yongguk playing with Tigger would scar his mind forever.

 

"Where's your mommy, Tigger?" Daehyun murmurs absentmindedly as he weaves pass the staff members. They are at the countryside in the hottest afternoon, filming Yongguk's latest MV and Daehyun admit he was a little thrilled when they're to come to the countryside. He likes this kind of places and finally, he doesn't have to run for coffee anymore! Tigger barks at him and paws at his chest.

 

"Oh look, there's your daddy." Daehyun raises Tigger up to eye level, letting it catch a view of Yongguk already in his costume and makeup, focused in the discussion with the director. Daehyun looks at Tigger and says childishly, "Since you're a dog, your dad's a dog too right? Yongguk's a dog that barks non stop at me all day long."

 

The filming runs for the whole day and all Daehyun's got to do is sit in the sun shading Tigger while watching Yongguk rotate between the role of a singer and a producer. Honestly, Yongguk looks a lot more reliable when he's behind the camera, scrutinising the filming.

 

"He just looks like a bad person when he's acting, right Tigger?" Daehyun spends all day talking to Tigger until Himchan comes along and actually saves him from derangement from talking to animals.

 

"It's always a battlefield whenever Yongguk's doing his work." Himchan says as he sits down beside Daehyun on an exposed tree root in his suit, grimacing at the dirt on his expensive clothing. "He always looks like he'll kill somebody if he doesn't get things done to perfection."

 

"I know, trust me. I know very well." Daehyun grumbles as Tigger barks at Himchan.

 

"Hello there. Yikes, this bloody dog bites me like Yongguk does."

 

"Haha, Tigger likes me a lot though. Right, Tigger?" Daehyun nuzzles his nose into Tigger's face and the puppy yelps back at him.

 

"Like owner like puppy, you know." Himchan says absentmindedly as he narrows his eyes at Yongguk lipsyncing a distance away.

 

"What?" Daehyun turns to Himchan. Yongguk doesn't like him!

 

"Aye, you're the longest lasting assistant he's ever had. The last time he was so pissed off, that guy left crying."

 

"I'm just more resistant to his battering." Daehyun scoffs.

 

"I can tell he likes you more than the rest too... Yongguk doesn't usually... you know... Banter with his assistants."

 

"We're not bantering, we're really--"

 

"Oh, excuse me, Yongguk's done. YONGGUK-AH!"

 

Daehyun's left alone with Tigger under the tree, pondering about Himchan's words. He pouts and frowns. He watches Yongguk and Himchan speaking to each other from afar. Himchan throws an arm around Yongguk and they start exchanging words. Himchan's probably the closest person to Yongguk that he's seen. Yongguk isn't really the kind to be friendly. He keeps to himself and doesn't talk a lot... But he does scold Daehyun a lot. Himchan and Yongguk are making their way towards Daehyun, still engrossed in their conversation shoulder to shoulder and Daehyun picks Tigger up and walks towards the duo.

 

Yongguk takes Tigger from Daehyun's hands naturally and Daehyun watches as the other men continue discussing. He's however intrigued by the way Yongguk cradles Tigger in his arms, as if the dog's his kid.

 

"No, Tigger. I've got makeup on." Yongguk holds Tigger away when the puppy tries to his face and Himchan chuckles before trying to pet the cream poodle but it bares its teeth at Himchan.

 

"Aish, Yongguk why does Tigger hate me so much? It likes Daehyun a lot!"

 

"Really?" Yongguk an eyebrow at the statement and glances at Daehyun doubtfully.

 

"Yea, Tigger was totally lapping up at him. Yah, this stupid dog..." Himchan grumbles and Daehyun feels a sudden sense of pride, raising his brows at Yongguk who turns his attention away. Daehyun huffs, bored when Yongguk takes Tigger away to watch the MV recording. He kicks the grass at one side, wondering when he can knock off.

 

He's however, quickly out of boredom when Yongguk runs up to him frantically, asking, "Yah, did you see Tigger?"

 

"Tigger? You took him!"

 

"I left him for a while. The others were playing with him. But he's gone now." Yongguk grabs his neck nervously as he glances around. How is he going to find a dog in a mountainous area?

 

"Aish..." Daehyun curses when the director starts calling Yongguk back again to take their last shot. "I'll go find him. You go back to work."

 

Yongguk gives Daehyun one look before slowjogging back. Daehyun exhales tiredly. Urgh, Tigger!