$ The wedding

Half A Million Wedding (Maybe Marriage too)

 

 

 

Jung Daehyun never would have imagined him, being like this, getting married.

 

In a dress.

 

In heels.

 

And stockings to boot.

 

Furthermore, he's marrying someone he doesn't even know personally.

 

How?

 

Well don't ask him, he doesn't know how either.

 

"..." He sighs into his palms in the large resting room, sitting alone on the couch and hiding his face from the awfully large mirror that can't wait to show him how hideous he looks right now in a white gown. 

 

With bared shoulders. 

 

Does everything have to humiliate him today? And this gown! He lifts up the long dress furiously, it's only a relief that it is long enough to cover his legs up! Look what he's wearing inside! Would his mother cry if she knew her son was wearing white stockings underneath leg-breaking heels?

 

He throws the skirt down and huffs, quickly rearranging his legs when he realises that he's sitting with them placed together like a girl would do. 

 

No, no, no, Daehyun shakes his head, this is all wrong. He can't do this. 

 

Standing up with much effort, a few seconds to balance himself on these ridiculous stilts, he marches up to the long mirror and assesses his black wig with squinted eyes. This, what is this monstrosity. He eyes himself in the long wig with bangs to cover his forehead, the peach coloured lipstick on his mouth that's making him uncomfortable and those stupid looking fake eyelashes. He looks absolutely revolting. He narrows his eyes in disgust.

 

And bared shoulders, he hugs himself. Who invented this thing?! Nobody has to humiliated his narrow shoulders on the worst day of his life!

 

All pretty and dolled up, Jung Daehyun, all for this person who he doesn't even know.

 

Well he knows, but not really know. They're just, assistant and celebrity.

 

And said celebrity has a problem with his girl so she's flee before their wedding. 

 

Jung Daehyun's just unlucky enough to be the tortured and abused assistant of this cruel cruel man called Bang Yongguk.

 

Who cares if he is a multi-talented producer, rapper, singer and actor?

 

Honestly, Jung Daehyun wouldn't have spared a damn.

 

He'd never marry a man who dumps all the menial chores and humiliating errands to him even if it was all for show!

 

Daehyun would have jumped off this building in this beautiful long white one million dollar gown if it weren't for that half a million he would earn after this torture.

 

Bang Yongguk better keep to his words and pay him that half a million he promised!

 

Daehyun throws himself down on a chair before the dressing table, resting his chin on his palms. He looks into the mirror, well now he does look like a damsel in distress. God, now even he's given up on himself...

 

He blinks at the image in the reflective surface, pouting with the dull fatigue inside. 

 

It started like on this unfortunate day when Yongguk's girlfriend refused his proposal to get married and apparently that terminated the rest of their relationship as well-- right before the wedding. Afraid to get his reputation and pride battered by the ever-knowing media, Yongguk found the brilliant solution-- get his personal slave to play dress-up as his fiance who apparently took off because he's such an ! 

 

Daehyun makes a face at the mirror.

 

Whenever bad things happen, Bang Yongguk made sure Daehyun gets a share as well. Daehyun knew it was a bad idea the first day he started working for this narcissistic man who can't even carry the lightest bags of all. Personal assistant? How about personal slave? Well that seems more fitting!

 

"Time to get ready!"

 

Daehyun jumps before turning around to see one of Yongguk's friends at the door. The man looks at him once and sighs before leaving. Even though he shouldn't really care, but Daehyun feels rather insulted. He didn't opt to crossdress! Well sorry he looks disappointing.

 

Urgh, for that half a million, Daehyun.

 

 

-

 

 

"Yongguk-ah." Himchan grabs his friend by the shoulder, excusing the both of them from the chattering guests. 

 

"How are you holding up?"

 

"What do you think?" 

 

Dressed in a white suit slickly cut to fit his form, Yongguk would have been the perfect groom if not for the lack of a real bride. As if reminded of this ultimate flaw in the grandeur of his wedding, Yongguk downs all the champagne he has in his hand.

 

"I saw him..." Himchan scratches his head, looking at the ground not saying what he seems to be conceiving.

 

Yongguk, annoyed, demands, "What about him?"

 

"Ah? Nothing... I think he'll pass off just fine..."

 

Yongguk scoffs. To compare his Jieun with some drag queen, only Himchan can get away with it.

 

Himchan catches the displeasure on Yongguk's face and quickly adds on, "I mean the make up... the makeup should do... Ah, but that poor kid... He looks so pitiful in that wedding dress!"

 

"Shush, Kim Himchan! Unless you want the word to get to those nosey peeps over there!" Yongguk grabs his friend and nods toward the swarm of reporters awaiting the start of the wedding.

 

"I know! I just, poor Daehyunnie!"

 

"Shut up, he's just an errand boy. And I pay him for this!"

 

"Urgh, I know better than to argue with you on this peak of crisis."

 

Right after Himchan ends the conversation, Yongguk's ushered to get ready for the ceremony. The two friends exchange look and Yongguk leaves with a roll of his eyes.

 

The church returns to its peaceful serenity as Yongguk stands awaiting the arrival of his bride. He clenches his jaw at the thought and squeezes out a smile to the priest who tells him to relax. Please, relax if your bride is a bloody man!

 

Jieun, jieun, why are you doing this to me.

 

All eyes are on the grand entrance, waiting for the rumoured bride to appear. 

 

Daehyun stands behind the door, all jittery and nervous. He'll probably trip in these stilts! He pauses for way too long and Himchan behind him nudges him to the white carpet. He would have turned around and hurl curses if he wasn't supposed to be a demure bride about to prettily march down the aisle.

 

The camera flashes could blind him! Daehyun clutches tightly onto the bouquet in his hands, bows his head in the white veil and begins walking down the long aisle, treacherously treading in the white heels biting his feet.

 

It might be the ambience of the grand church or just the white veil, Daehyun knows he is passing off well judging from the looks on those faces. All of them appear mesmerised. Daehyun suppresses a snigger that is murdered by Yongguk's piercing eyes when he stops before the priest. Daehyun gulps and trains his eyes on the benevolent priest.

 

After the long recited vows, there comes the question,

 

"Bang Yongguk, do you take Song Jieun as your wife whether rich or poor, in sickness or health?"

 

"I do."

 

"Song Jieun, do you take Bang Yongguk as your husband whether rich or poor, in sickness or health?"

 

Well I wouldn't.

 

"I do."

 

Daehyun swears the priest is wondering why the pretty bride has such an awful voice for a girl.

 

"I now, pronouce you husband and wife."

 

Half a million!

 

"You may kiss the bride."

 

Oh no.

 

Daehyun subtly shakes his head underneath the white veil as Yongguk lifts the veil from his face, sending him a forced smile and a glare daring him to dodge as he bends down to press his lips to Daehyun's.

 

Daehyun elbows Yongguk as the celebrity carries out the full show of a wedding kiss for their audiences. Yongguk's cosmetics are itching his nose and he isn't that good a kisser anyway!

 

The guests are all up, clapping and cheering as Yongguk is to take his new bride down the aisle and to the limousine prepared to chauffeur them to their honeymoon. Great, honeymoon, Daehyun thinks as Yongguk leads him down the aisle.

 

He forces a smile for the guests. Poor people, I am not Jieun.

 

He trips, battling with the painful heels, receiving a glare from Yongguk who keeps him from falling faceplanted to the holy wedding aisle. Daehyun stumbles so much, Yongguk feels himself getting embarrassed. He smiles to the reporters who seem a little suspicious and grips Daehyun by the arm.

 

"You're dead." He mumbles to a terrified Daehyun before sweeping him off the carpet, carrying him down the aisle as Daehyun swallows down a scream in his throat. 

 

The guests are obviously thrilled by the romantic display but ignorant of the hell that is bound to come for the poor bride once the wedding ends. Daehyun clings onto Yongguk, the long gown dangling behind him as he's carried down to the limousine. Yongguk sets him inside gently but not without a subtle glare before settling in and waving ceremoniously to the guests and reporters.