$ Do you want to build a snowman?

Half A Million Wedding (Maybe Marriage too)

I think there's some confusion over Yongguk calling Daehyun 'a little slower than the other kids' in the previous chapter... that's 'cause Daehyun's really pretending to be disabled, 'cause he's obviously overage for a kid y'know, and throwing a tantrum at the restaurant haha

 

"Yah, ahjussi, when are you going to pay me my money?"

this, Yongguk rolls his eyes, rubbing his hands over his long sleeves. Daehyun carries on chiming behind him, harping on about the half a million written in their flimsy contract of a deal. Yongguk regrets giving Daehyun his jacket. Now that this kid's gotten warm, he can't stop talking!

"Yah, ahjussi-yah, you can't swindle me of my hard earned cash! Have you ever been in a wedding dress before? I'm a man too! And have you ever worn heels before? It's horrible! Besides, ahjussi, I've been your servant, no I mean, assistant for more than a year! Wouldn't you be more kind towards me?" Daehyun's mouth is like a broken dam, spilling words without mercy to the poor man just by the river bank and Yongguk's about to drown in the torrents of verbal floodwaters.

"Please shut up, Daehyun." Yongguk grumbles. "We're in a foreign country, I can't get you the money now."

Yongguk finishes off with a frustrated hand over his face and is glad when Daehyun finally shut the hells up.

"But ahjussi..."

Yongguk sighs in frustration when Daehyun runs up to him, wearing his warm jacket and blinking those eyes made of saucers at him.

"For this two weeks I'm with you... You'll pay me too right?"

"What?" Yongguk exclaims in disbelief. 

"But the half a million only includes the pretend wedding! It doesn't involve this... thing!"

"Excuse me, hold on right there," Yongguk raises a hand in Daehyun's face. "This... this isn't any thing. You're just doing your duties of being my personal assistant, and of which I hired you for! Why do you get paid extra?!"

"Excuse me, ahjussi!" Daehyun doesn't look very happy and Yongguk just regrets cracking the dam a second time. "Would you bring your personal assistant to your honeymoon?! I'm here doing extra work for you! Besides, didn't you fire me already? I need to get paid for the physical work I've done, emotional trauma and psychological abuse I've been through! This is unfair to me if you don't pay me! You basically forced me on the plane and kidnapped me to this foreign country!"

Yongguk swears there are people looking over here when Daehyun yells about kidnapping.

"Shut up, please shut up, you've gotten me into enough trouble today-- I'm still going to dock that 780 from your 'pay'-- and fine, I'll pay you. I'll pay you the same rate as before but I have one condition, please, PLEASE! JUST GIVE ME SOME PEACE!"

Yongguk stomps off, feeling his body shiver from the cold but can't stay another second longer near the talkative hell of a boy he brought along.

Daehyun pouts, seemingly alright with the new proposal but rushes up to Yongguk quickly and demands, "Yah, you've to pay me more than that measly rate! Ahjussi!"

"I'LL GIVE YOU A HUNDRED TO SHUT THE UP!"

 

 

 

"Omo... Ahjussi... I'm going to freeze to death like this..." Daehyun complains at the entrance of the ski lodge, eyeing the white plain before his eyes as he clutches the thick jacket around himself tighter.

Yongguk tosses a dirty look at Daehyun who seems so occupied with his own health. Please, who the heck is wearing his jacket?!

"You can go back to the hotel." Yongguk says nonchalantly as he puts on the rented jacket. "I'd rather be alone."

"Aye, but I'm already here!" Daehyun grumbles. "Don't be such a loner. Anyway, this was made for two people, right?"

Yongguk stays silent, obviously disconcerted over Daehyun's words about 'two people'. Daehyun slaps his hands over his mouth after realising how he's rubbed salt into Yongguk's wounds carelessly once more. He mumbles a soft 'sorry' but Yongguk ignores it and leaves him quickly.

Daehyun grabs a jacket himself along with the other equipments and rushes after Yongguk. 

"Ahjussi..." He trails behind Yongguk, wanting to apologise badly but Yongguk only seems interested about getting up the ski hill. He catches the elevator with familiarity and shakes off a slower Daehyun at the back. Daehyun gives up trying to catch Yongguk when the older man starts descending down the tall hill, skilfully weaving his way on the snow. 

Daehyun sits at the top of the hill, a group of children beside him staring at this strange man. Yongguk looks pretty cool skiing expertly, Daehyun thinks as he rests his chin on his palms, bored. He doesn't know how to ski. If he tries like the adventurous kid he is, he'll probably tumble down the hill like a giant snowball. He sighs as he watches Yongguk preoccuping himself. Poor man, trying so hard to forget his sorrow and pain. But there's got to be a reason why she left him...

Aye, stupid Yongguk probably has a erted secret that made 'Jieun' leave him. Eww, psychopathic Yongguk... Maybe he's got a weird ... Oh god, why is he here with a maniac?!

"Hey, do you know how to ski?"

Daehyun was getting lost in his thoughts until a childish yell caught his attention. He turns towards the group of children who's chuckling out of amusement, one of them, a boy with two missing front teeth is grinning at him.

"Oh..." He sits up straight and smiles at the kid, saying "I don't know. I've never learn it before."

The children all seem pretty excited and the toothless kid offers, "How about we teach you?"

 

 

 

 

"YAH, YOU'RE TRYING TO KILL ME!!"

A distant cry breaks the peaceful silence Yongguk was immersing himself in and he snaps his head towards that familiar noise, a screeching nail against a board in all his serenity.

"SLOW DOWN, SLOW DOWN, I'M GOING TO DIE!!"

"This ing brat..." Yongguk curses under his breathe as he watches Daehyun descend down the ski hill surrounded by a group of children who are definitely more experienced than his clumsy mess. "Must he always attract so much attention?"

Daehyun carries on screaming until he reaches the safety of the level ground, collapsing onto the snow with his heart beating out of his cowardly chest as the children roared with laughter around him. The group is filled with cheer as they play in the snow. Yongguk passes one short glance before gliding away.

Daehyun seems like someone who would never get bored, because he is the fun-maker. It's good to never get lonely, Yongguk thinks. To think that someone would be happier than him on his own honeymoon is a little hurting. 

As the kids continue dragging Daehyun down the hill top and Yongguk doing his own skiing, the two parties finally meet at the end of the hill when Daehyun's about to really make a snowball out of himself. Daehyun is stumbling down the hill with his skis out of control when Yongguk appears beside him, grabbing him before he speeds down into a heap of mess.

The kids surround them when Daehyun reaches the bottom of the hill, unceremoniously face planted into the snow though.

"Yah! You could've stopped me from falling!" Daehyun yells at Yongguk who has stopped beside him skilfully.

"I saved you from killing yourself, dumb ."

"Ahjussi said ''!" The kids laugh and Yongguk creases his brows.

"Yah, don't listen to whatever this strange man says, he's very vulgar. Don't learn from him!" Daehyun spews as he picks himself up clumsily from the snow, feeling his hands turning numb from the cold.

"Yah, yah, yah. Be grateful to somebody who's saved you." Yongguk grumbles but smiles at the children saying, "Kids, it's alright to let him fall, don't injure yourselves trying to save him. He's made to last batterings!"

The children alternate between Yongguk and Daehyun as the duo begins to squabble.

"YOU PSYCHOPATH!"

"WHAT?!"

"ERTED... PSYCHO!"

"YOU LOUD MOUTH RICE BUCKET!"

"MWO?!"

The children finally could take the noise no more as one of the girls stood out and said innocently, "Oppas, are the two of you quarrelling?"

"Ahh..." Yongguk is lost for words and Daehyun just denies (level 99 conman)

"Oppa," The girl says, "The two of you look like a married couple."

The rest of the children merely blink and stare on in unison as Yongguk turns into stone. Daehyun on the other hand, seems rather amused and perturbed at the same time.

"I say, how do we-- of course we're not married! What are you saying... I would never marry this kind of person! Eww!"

Yongguk just glares. Saying more wouldn't do anything good in front of children.

"Oppa, the two of you really look like the couple in the drama my mommy watches--"

"OKAY! That's enough, how about some ice cream? I'll treat!" Yongguk distracts the kids with ice cream and herds them off to the lodge cafe, with the intent to leave Daehyun behind. But of course Daehyun doesn't like getting left out.

"YAH! ME TOO!"