$ Don't you dare like me

Half A Million Wedding (Maybe Marriage too)

Their feet are tired even before the sun sets and Yongguk grumbles about staying in the hotel room when they end up sitting on a random bench covered in graffitti, watching the heavy traffic moving at snail's pace.

"Don't be such an old man, Yongguk."

"Yah. You call me by name one more time..." 

The two of them settle into a comfortable silence and Yongguk lets himself space out, immersing in the background noise of passers-by, traffic, distant construction, basically the sounds of a groaning city. It's always in these moments that he'd suddenly realise what he's forgotten. He glances over to Daehyun who's watching a passing leashed labrador. 

It's times like this when he realises how much Daehyun distracts him from what he's supposed to be doing, sit down and wallow. Daehyun hardly gives him a chance to think about things ever since they stepped into the plane. All the silly antics and the yelling, Yongguk's probably never felt this least lonely in his life. 

It's always been composing, recording, broadcasting, concerts, rinse and repeat and then he wonders where did his personal life went.

Oh, so that's maybe why Jieun left him.

He scoffs.

Yea, Jieun, was that why you left me? I'm too busy for you?

I thought we were fine though. 

I thought I was the lonelier one.

"Ahjussi, look, the sun." 

Yongguk raises his head up at the blinding sunset, a scorching red glob between the skyscrapers. He squints his eyes at the glaring sun and wonders once again, just how intriguing it is that Daehyun always tugs him back before he sinks himself into gloom completely. Just how, Jung Daehyun? You're too noisy.

Daehyun grins like an idiot beside, like a fool that's never seen the sunset before and Yongguk finds that amusing, quite amusing. The corners of his lips tug but he says it's the sunset he's never seen for so long.

 

 

 

"I'M USING THE BATHROOM FIRST!" Daehyun charges into the bathroom and Yongguk just shakes his head as he pulls off his jacket.

"YAH! NOBODY'S FIGHTING YOU FOR IT, DUMB ."

"YOU!" Daehyun appears behind the bathroom door again, yelling once before shutting the door again. 

"Tch."

Yongguk climbs into bed and tugs off his jeans. All the walking is making his legs ache. He sinks into the pillow and turns on his phone.

The lack of missed calls and messages from a certain someone sure breaks his heart. 

He sighs and rolls through the spam Himchan's sent him, asking if he's still alright. 

He types in a reply, Some is keeping me occupied, but his brows crease and he deletes it before tossing his phone to the sidetable.

Whatever.

Daehyun emerges from the bathroom wearing another set of Yongguk's clothes, hair an ugly mess. Yongguk frowns from the bed.

"At this rate, we'll run out of clothes in a week's time." He says. Afterall, he's only prepared two week's worth of clothing.

"Ahh..." Daehyun agrees, inspecting Yongguk's T-shirt like a child. 

Yongguk presses his lips together but a sudden thought makes him exclaim out loud, "YAH, ARE YOU WEARING MY UNDERWEAR TOO?!"

"WHAT?!" Daehyun joins in the ruckus with wide eyes. "Of course not! Who wants to wear your underwear!"

"Yah, you better not be wearing my undergarments!"

"I'm not!"

"Good." Yongguk says but his brow soon creases once more. "Wait, if you're not wearing mine then... are you... you're still wearing yours?"

Daehyun's face reddens in embarrassment instantaneously. "NO! I'M NOT AS DIRTY AS YOU!"

Yongguk resists the urge to laugh as he finds the amusement in this, "You mean you're not wearing any underwear at all?"

Daehyun opens his mouth wide but the large breathe he's taken in only came out in a sheepish little, "No."

Yongguk bursts into laughter, collapsing onto bed while clutching his stomach and Daehyun blushes a deep red.

"Yah... It's not funny. You'd do the same if you were me!"

"Fine, fine..." Yongguk wipes at the tears in his eyes and heads to the bathroom. Daehyun continues glaring at him and Yongguk finally relents, saying "Araseo, araseo... I'd do the same as you. Let's get you some underwear tomorrow."

Daehyun is a little embarrassed at Yongguk's words that make him feel like a small child but is the feeling of contentment and glee when Yongguk casually rubs a hand over his head, brotherly affection or not, wins over everything.

But Yongguk, as usual, quickly crushes it. "In case you try and steal mine!"

He quickly shuts the door with an uproarious laughter before Daehyun's towel could hit his face.

 

 

 

"Kawi-bawi-bo!"

The two chant in unison and the result only gives one happy ending.

"YAY!" Daehyun cries out in victory and leaps onto the bed while Yongguk curses his luck and heads for the couch.

"Yah, ahjussi, I don't mind if you sleep on the other side~" Daehyun drawls lazily from one side of the bed, offering his generosity as winner.

"Forget it. I'll sleep here." Yongguk says and lies down on the couch.

"Do you want a blanket?"

"Forget it."

"How about an extra pillow?"

"Just keep quiet and sleep. Turn off the lights!"

"Arasseo~" Daehyun grins and does as he is told.

 

 

 

Daehyun doesn't know what's gotten into him but he's really into watching Yongguk sleep. He's always an early waker and when he gets up, Yongguk's peaceful expression is inviting and luring him into that serenity. He squats down beside the couch, tilting his head on his knees as Yongguk snores softly beside him.

"Ahjussi, you look really peaceful when you sleep..." Daehyun finishes with a yawn and sits down on the floor eventually, head lulled into a rhythmic nodding before he falls asleep completely.

 

 

 

"This punk can kill me with a heart attack one day." Yongguk groans as he gets up from the couch, the head of hazel locks beside him giving him a jump first thing in the morning. His neck makes a clicking sound when he rotates it. Daehyun's hair catches the sunlight pouring in through the agape curtains, becoming a golden colour. Yongguk's eyes roam Daehyun's form, like an obedient child staying beside him while he slept and he feels the dangerous tingle in his fingers to run them through the enchanting locks.

The way Daehyun's sleeping, like he's been watching him for so long while he's had his eyes closed-- Yongguk can't get used to the proximity that's slowly getting smaller and smaller between the two of them. It's only been days, how did everything cascade so fast? From the ice cream, to the mustard covered hotdog buns and of course that expensive restaurant Daehyun loves so much, everything this kid does seems to revolve around food and his face brightens up with so much happiness over mere food. And food only meant something to survive his body to Yongguk. The way Daehyun's eyes sparkle with jubilance and excitement when he stuffs his gluttony mouth with food just amazes him. 

And when he keeps quiet, suffering in silence in the subway, Yongguk felt the anger for somebody else's disadvantage and it hardly ever felt so strong. Daehyun has probably trespassed a little off the borders into his mind, like a cheerful brat that has finally showed the vulnerable and loveable child he is inside. Yongguk for once, is lost about his emotions. He's a firm man and he divides his boundaries naturally but Daehyun makes those lines go blur. 

He's afraid to delve deeper but he knows he can take a step back, maybe make another line between the two of them because his determination and strength is what has kept him in the industry. But Daehyun, this boy, he wonder if he's already ventured off on his own.

This stupid kid, Yongguk silently thinks, don't you dare like me too much.