Chapter 3

Wing Man

-Minsook-

"Wow Minsook, your voice is amazing." One of the female trainees told me as we walked out of vocal practice. "Thank you. I'll see you tomorrow." I walked away from them and took out my phone to call Misook. Surprisingly she answered right away. "Hey cousin how's it going?" "Minsook come see me?" "Why?" "It's really important." "Okay where are you?"

 

-Author-

"Misook...how did this happen?" The both stated down at the wig stuck in nasty, wet mud. "See the think is, I took it off and then a truck came by and I dropped it and now it's there." "Did you do this on purpose?" "What?" She looked up at him but he still looked at the wig. "Did you do this so you wouldn't haven't have to go to the school?" "Minsook, why would I do that?" "Because I forced you to go. You could have just said no." She pushed his shoulder making him look at her and she could see his eyes a little watery. "Minsook I said yes for a reason. I want to help you." "But what now, you can't go back to the school looking like this." She looked down at her hair and let out a deep breath. "Come on." She walked pass him and he followed. "Where are we going?"

 

-Misook-

"Mimi are you sure about this?" "No but do it. Just do it before I change my mind." I closed my eyes and flinched a little when I heard a snipping sound. "Oh god." I kept my eyes closed so I wouldn't cry. I love my hair but I feel like it's my fault that I dropped the wig and I wasn't going to wear it again after it was in all that crap. I felt the chair spin around and the man cutting my hair said, "You can open your eyes now." When I opened them I began to cry. "Misook what wrong?" "I look like you." I pointed at him and cried out. "Isn't that the point?" "Shut up." I stood up and handed the barber the money before walking out of the barbershop. "Mi you know you didn't have to do that?" "Yes, yes I did. But you know what that means?" "What?" I grabbed him by the collar. "You are going to become a idol. There no giving up, no slacking and if you don't make it I will kill you. Do you understand?" "Yes ma'am." "Good," I let him go, "now go home. I need to get back to school because I start my classes tomorrow."

 

-Bam Bam-

We all turned our heads to the door when he heard it open. "Oh looks who's back." Jackson called out. "Minsook, I don't know if you know but this school has a curfew, you made it by 10 minutes." I told him so this wouldn't happen again. "Thanks." He said in a cold voice and walked into the bathroom, slamming the door. "What wrong with him?" "I don't know Yugeom, maybe he's still pissed off about you guys calling him a girl." "Hey we never called him a girl, we just said he kinda looks like one." "Can we not do this conversation again?" He walked out of the bathroom with a serious face. 

 

-Misook-

"Okay bye guys I'll see you tomorrow." My roommate said bye to his friends as I continued to put my things up. I could hear him walking up the steps to my level but I didn't turn around because I was still a little pissed off. I mean I know it's none of his  fault but I don't want to talk to anyone. You don't understand how long I've been growing my hair out after Minsook cut my ponytail off when I was 5, my hair means so much to me. After I think about him it's always his fault I have to cut it. That punk . "Minsook do you need any help?" "No thank you. I'm almost done." "Okay well I'm going to sleep. Class starts at 7 okay, you should wake up early so you can get breakfast." I finally turned around and smiled at him because I know I was being kinda rude. "Thank you Bam Bam. You're a really cool roommate." I turned back around to finish. "Your welcome. Umm Minsook?" "Yeah?" "Why are these in your bag?"

 

-Bam Bam-

"What?" He turned around and saw the tampon box I pulled out of his suitcase. "Th-those? Those weren't in my bag." "Yes they were." He stood up and took them from my hand. "My umm sister must have put them in here. We packed our bags together. She must have wanted to play a prank on me." "Haha your sisters weird." "Yeah. She sure is. I'll return these to her later." He throw them into his bag, shaking his head. "Well goodnight." "Goodnight."