Chapter 23

I Love Him

 

 The doors opened wide and a slim figure came in.She have her red lips stretch into a smile as she saw the older woman in front of her.She made her pace quick and hugged the older one.

 "I miss you,Mrs.Xi."

 "I miss you too,Mei."The broke the hug and decided to continue it the reunion in the living room.

 "So..Did Luhan got surprised?"

 "Mama,he's already married..I can't believe it.I never thought that he didn't remember the promise I made.The promised that I'll get him and we'll be a happy family."Mei pouted as the memory kept replaying in her mind.She was hurt but she can't choose being selfish.She's disappointed but is it right?Luhan didn't even spared a look at her when she's the one who took care of him in the hospital.She just wanted those times again.

 "Well dear,you wouldn't believe how furious I was..That woman left him and now he's still back for her."

 "I guess that's really how love can do,right?"

 

 Groaning softly,Seohyun pushed his hand away from her face as he kept rubbing her cheeks.The man smiled as he saw her awake now.He leaned forward and kissed her lips tenderly which she replied back.

 "Morning."He greeted at the sleepy-eyed Seohyun."Morning too."

 "I have some meeting today,I can't fetch Soojin this afternoon."He hugged her body closer and smiled as her warmth touched his body.

 "Don't worry,I'm free this afternoon.I think we'll go to buy some groceries though."He blocked the sun rays away from Seohyun and hugged her tighter.

 "Oppa?"

 "Hmm?"

 "Let's get up now.I have to prepare your clothes."Looking up,Seohyun didn't get any reply but only a peck on her lips."Okay."


 Seohyun's eyes widen as she saw Soojin's not moving an inch.She saw how her daughter's head bobbing.With a sigh and a soft chuckle,Seohyun patted Soojin's shoulder lightly before picking the spoon from the kid's grasp.

 "Soojin-ah,eat up already.You still have to go to school.Wake up now,baby."

 The kid groan before pouting her lips.She flutter her eyes opened forcefully before opening .Seohyun pinched her daughter's before scooping the carrot."Umma,not with the carrot.I don't like it."

 "Soojin,carrot is healthy for you.Since you're a good girl,you have to eat this."Still,the kid turned her head sideways making the carrot rolled on the floor.She grunted since she's not in the mood to go to school.Luhan already said to her that he's getting home late and he don't have time for their play time.

 "Soojin.Don't be stubborn,Appa will be here soon and he can't wait for us to finish breakfast since we have to go straight to school."

 The kid shook her head left to right until they heard the steps getting down.They turned their heads towards the noise and only found Luhan talking to a phone.He kept glancing at his watch while his face shows seriousness.

 "Appa."The kid run to her father but Luhan only kissed her forehead and didn't carry her as usual.The kid sulk even more and watched her father as he kissed her mother on the forehead before taking a glass of water.Seohyun saw how the kid looks,she sigh as she walked to her.

 "Soojin,I told you,Appa's busy today,so don't be stubborn now.You still have to eat."

 "Hyun."He called as the two sat down.He gave her a guilty face before showing his phone which she already understand."Don't worry,I still know how to drive.You can go first now."

 "Thanks.Bye,Soojin-ah.Appa have to go,okay.Maybe this weekend,we can go visit the beach."Hearing the new plan,the kid smiled widely and jumped to hug her father."Promise?"

 "Of course,promise."

 After taking his phone from the counter,Luhan walked towards the door and the two followed behind.Seohyun smiled warmly as Luhan kissed her forehead."I'm going now,be careful."

 "You too,be careful.Message me once you'll come home."

 The two watched as he faded away.Seohyun turned to her daughter before pinching her cheek.They went back towards the kitchen and proceed to eat with giggles be heard.Seohyun's happy that after a long time,she have a husband to take care and a daughter that she have been dreaming.Even though Luhan's mother gave her a deep scar,Seohyun's willing to forget about it just for her family.

 


  "Umma,that's the lady yesterday."Seohyun's attention changed to the lady walking on the sidewalks with a lots of shopping bags in her grasp.She looked happy and seems like she's enjoying walking alone.She looked like a good person,she thought before giving a small smile to Soojin.

 "Umma,is she Appa's friend?"

 "..I think so..But I think they're not lately in good terms."Seohyun bit her lip as she remembered Luhan's serious face when Mei when she came yesterday.She's a bit curious,no,she's really curious of what's their relationship.

 The two of them are friends?But Seohyun know that look in her face.She's hurt when she found out that Luhan's already married.Honestly,Seohyun's scared that one day,a big problem will broke them again.She's already tired for those things.

 "Be careful,okay,honey?..Umma's going to fetch later,so don't come with anyone.Don't talk to strangers and when someone is suspicious,just tell the teacher okay?"
 
 "Yes,Umma.I'll be going,I love you."Soojin waved goodbye to her mother and walked inside the gates together with her friends.They looked happy,as happy as Seohyun wanted for her daughter.She gave a warm smile as Soojin laughed together with the little girls.Just like her and her friends,Soojin's have a lot of friends that are kind.

 "Excuse me?"Turning her head,Seohyun saw as the lady beside her smiled warmly and perfectly.She looks like a very kind person.

 "Uhmm,yes?Miss Cheng?"

 "Seohyun,I'm Luhan's friend,and you can call me Mei as well as he calls me."Glad that they don't have nicknames,she thought before taking a few bags from Mei's grasp which made the lady shocked.

 "Do you want some coffee?"

 "Yeah,I guess coffee is great."

 

 

 The two ladie found theirselves sitting opposite each other as they waited for the desserts.Seohyun could feel how awkward the atmosphere is but she's trying to ignore it.The lady in front of her seems like she's not bothered with her shopping bags under the small table.She's just enjoying the time with the wife of her so-called friend.

 

 "So..when did you guys met?"to lessen the awkwardnes,Mei spoke first.She really want to know how did Seohyun and Luhan met.

 "Well,it was during our high-school days.He's actually quite annoying before and cold but now,he seems like a very sweet guy."The smile on Seohyun's face made Mei to thought that maybe the two of them have a lot of memories already.The smile shows how happy they must be when Mei's not in the pitcure.But still now,Mei knows that she'll never be part of their family picture.

 "Really?..I guess you made him warm,huh?"She teased despite the fact of feeling hurt.

 "The time and age changed everything,I think."

 "You're too,it did make a big difference..When I was young,I'm really spoiled but that time I'm in collage,I began to understand how hard life is."

 "Yeah,during collage is really a difficult but adventerous time.The time where you matured,know about the real life,and any painful reality that the world can slap to you."The two sighed as they thought of how collage was,they didn't even notice that they sip the coffee at the same moment.Seohyun took her phone out her pocket.

 

 "Hyun,I think I'll be late later.If you're sleepy of waiting for me,you can sleep first."She muttered as she red the new message.Her eyes travelled towards her wallpaper after replying him an "okay".The wall paper shows the three of them.Soojin's in the center as Luhan carries her and half-hugged Seohyun.They smiled happily to the camera.

 "Soojin's a pretty kid.You're luck that you have a complete family now."Seohyun's eyes darted back to Mei.She gave her a small smile before locking her phone and putting it back to her pocket.

 "Yeah,I'm really lucky to have them."

 

A/n
New update!!Sorry,I'm quite busy since our exam is coming.Please bear with me,I'm really sorry.Sorry for the short update.^_^I'm still in high school though,don't really have any experience yet in collage.

(My stomach hurts~_~)