Chapter 24

I Love Him

 


 "It's nice chatting with you, Seohyun." 

 Seohyun smiled warmly as Mei hugged her. She first thought that Mei will be the bad lady in their story but she thought wrong. She felt bad about herself being delusional and even Luhan's friend she got a little suspicious.

 "I got to go now, Seohyun. Meet you next time."

 Her eyes followed as the lady went inside her expensive car. A small smile crept on her face before she turned around to ready her car to fetch Soojin. It's been quite a long chat with Mei and she felt like she's her close friend ever since. Seohyun could tell that maturity makes everything fine.

 
 Stopping her car just near the shool's building, Seohyun took her phone and went out. The smile didn't leave her lips as she walked across the street to her daughter's school. Students started to make the gateway crowded which makes it a little difficult to see Soojin. Her head held up to get a better view to find her daughter but she seems to be hard to find.

 "Uhm, excuse me. Did you see Soojin, my daughter?" She asked the teacher who she found familiar but the lady seemed to not know where could Soojin be. Seohyun starts to get worried and hurriedly went inside to see if she is just being paranoid.

 "Miss Shin. Have you seen Soojin?"

 Seohyun's fear grew as the young teacher shook her head. She could just bit her lower lip and went to find her daughter at every corner of the school. Sweats start to form as she run every where. Her eyes started to become blurry. She went out at the school's compound without Soojin in her side, her eyes travels everywhere at the places near if ever her daughter's standing still, waiting for her like she used to.

 Her trembling hands picked the phone from the side of her seat. She frowned a little at the roaming number that welcomed her as soon as she unlocked her phone. Her thumb reached to the green button an in a swift move, she brought her phone between her ear and her shoulder. She started to turn her car's engine on and was about to took off when a familiar voice entered her ear.

 "Madam Xi." She barely spoke and almost lost the phone from her hold.

 "Come here in the nearest park."

  The older woman hung up before Seohyun could even ask why. She's hesitating wether to come or not since she have to find Soojin. Soojin's her everything and the sun of her life, she can't live without the kid. With a scared heart, Seohyun decided to go to the park first and hope that Luhan's mother won't reach her nerves.
 
 Seohyun's feet started to walk carefully towards the older female who stood unmoved in her spot. She held her head up in an arrogant way. Seohyun couldn't help but frown at the older woman that she's facing now.

 "Why did you ask me to come, Madam Xi?"

 The older one didn't reply, instead she glance at Seohyun with her judge-full eyes. Her expression is unreadable but Seohyun knew that she's not happy to see her. 

 "Omma!"

 Seohyun turned her head quickly and widen her eyes at the small figure running at her direction. Everything seems faded for Seohyun as she squatted down to meet her daughter's embrace. She even forgot the presence behind her.

 "Umma, grandma brought me a candy. Here."

 Seohyun seemed to choke at her words. Grandma? Soojin don't have any grandma. Her eyes turned back to the older woman who looked down at the two. Her eyes are powerful that Seohyun can't even imagine her giving Soojin a candy. She stood up and carried her daughter who's oblivious about what's happening.

 "Thanks for the candy, Madam Xi. We'll be going now."

 The cold eyes that made Seohyun to froze in her spot before didn't change at all. Seohyun can still remember those days when Mrs.Xi pushed her around and called her names that is beyond herself. Seohyun can still remember those venomous words and the hateful comments. Seohyun will never forget those moments when she found herself being left all alone.

 
 With her daughter happily eating the candy and maybe eating more candy that's hidden in her small fist, Seohyun went to grab her car. She's raging in anger and confusion. First, why would Mrs.Xi give Soojin any attention. Second, why does she have to interfere with her daughter, doesn't she already done enough. Questions invade her mind but Seohyun know, she will never accept Seohyun as her son's wife.


 "Where home!" The kid yelled as she run inside their new home while her mother following behind her. Still in confusion but maintained her posture than earlier. She heave a sigh before placing some groceries on the counter before proceeding upstairs. She thought that no matter how she thinks about it, it will never be answered.

 "Umma." The kid called as she flopped herself on her mother's lap.

 "Hmm?"

 "You know today, Grandma asked me if I was happy here."

 Her hand stopped from caressing Soojin hair. She furrowed her eyebrows and can't help but to feel a different and scared feeling inside her.

 "Really? Did asked you that?"

 "Yup. But you know what I answered, I said that we're a happy family and said that Umma and Appa love each other so much." The kid glance at hermitages before showing her wide smile. While for Seohyun, she gave a faked smile before proceeding in brushing her daughter's hair.

 "She looked like a little hurt about what I said but she gave me candies and let me play. That's all we did in the park, it's quite sad since Umma and Appa isn't there."

 What could be in Mrs.Xi's mind when he went to fetch Soojin? What if she's planning about something? Many thoughts cross inside Seohyun's mind and completely left her daughter's hair. She stared into a space but her attention quickly averted towards the door as it opened. 

 "Appa!"

 The kid run away from her mother's lap and directly towards her father who looked so exhausted. He lifted her up from the floor and kissed her cheeks before turning his gaze to his wife. A frown formed in his face as he saw her face, she looks bothered. 

 "Soojin. Let's go, you have to sleep early. You still have school tomorrow."

 As soon as he arrived, he left their room quickly with Soojin but it's seems unnoticed by Seohyun. She sigh before gazing back at their family photo. She wished about it for how many years and things are starting to be good but something's making her feel incomplete. Like Luhan's parents' disapproval, or she thought his father might actually liked her that real back then. She's quite curious as well since he didn't came in Korea with Mrs.Xi and Luhan.


 "Seohyun? Are you okay?"

 "Huh?"

 Her eyes watched him as he took off his blazer and walked to her side. He sat beside her and grabbed her hands before giving his worried face. 

 "You seems bothered."

 "I'm okay. Maybe just tired." 

 Giving a soft kiss on her forehead, he slowly embraced her tightly. He missed her despite though they're together this morning yet he still missed her. He remembers that he love Seohyun so much and Soojin. He may not be alive if ever the two are gone in his life.

 "Did you eat already?" She asked softly and hugged him back.

 "Yeah. I ate with my co-workers. You know it's so lonely when I was eating."

 "Why? I thought you are with your co-workers?"

 "It's because, you're not there as well as Soojin. It feels so empty."

 He made her smile even her mind's clouded with a lot of thoughts. She hugged him tighter before they part from each other. Her eyes closed as Luhan kissed her lips softly while his hands held her shoulders. She respond with his kiss and found herself being laid on the soft white mattress.

 Seohyun moaned as their kiss turned more passionate. She could feel his hand caressing her tummy while she grabbed his nape and brought him closer to her. The negative thoughts faded away from Seohyun while he makes kisses on her neck. Luhan's the only person who can make her feel safe and protected, without worries.

 "Umma!" 

 The two quickly broke their kiss and stood up to fix their selves. Looking at their messy faces, the couple can't help to chuckle a little. Soojin's not really in a great timing sometimes but they can't say no to their daughter. Soojin's the fruit of their anyway and they can't imagine living without Soojin at all.

 

 

A/n
Sorry for the very late3XXXXX update. I've been busy lately and still can't have a time to update. But now, here's an update guys. Hope you like it and please bear with me, I'm a busy-type person. Anyway, belated Merry Christmas and advanced Happy New Year!!! 
P.S: I think I'll be more busy next year but don't worry, I'll update soon. Bye~~XO~~