Part 5

What Does The Future Hold (DON'T DOUBT MY LOVE'S SEQUEL)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aom Amm POV

 

            I found myself in complete misery. I am confused, I am clueless and yet I am afraid. I am confused with myself. Do I have a feeling towards that tom? I am clueless for the reason she wanted and needed  me so bad and I am afraid of everything for no reason. Kimhan Jittaleela confessed to me just now at the beach. That was far beyond my expectation. I have never thought that she was capable of doing so. For months I got to know her, she never showed anything to me. Nothing.  However, today she just said to me that she likes me and even wanted me to be her wife by asking it implicitly.

 

            Why? Why she chose me? My ribellious mind told me that it must be connected to her late wife – Pie Mindara Manaying. We look 98% similar and I am sure if she is still around, no one could differentiate us easily. Then, Kim came out with a soothing answer, saying that she likes me just the way I am and even begging me to let her learn how to love me. How would I believe it? It wasn’t really convincing to me. Not at all. I don’t even know how long did she used to lived with Pie but I am sure, she has been all alone for about three years since her late wife passed away. The proof is her little daughter, Sushar. The girl is four years old and just now Kim told me Pie passed away when Sushar was about one year baby. I am sure she really loves Pie, the love of her life and it somehow flipped my trust to her or in other words, I was consumed in my jealousy.

 

             After a long years of surviving her life  as a single parent why Kim suddenly open up her heart for someone else? And that someone else is me, Aom Amm who is ironically look the same as her late wife? Hah! She tickled me that much with the fact. She wanted me because I resembled her late wife. That’s it! My heart told me that she  wants  me not because for who I am but it was more to the way she could lessen her misses to her late wife. I found it is unfair. Totally unfair for me. Again, I am  confused with my own self. Why do I have to be jealous with it when I didn’t sure whether I have a feeling towards that tom? Lord, please show me the way. Am I started to fall for Kim too? Even if I do, what does the future will hold for us? I wanted to know but I am really afraid of the answers.

 

              As for now, I am walking with Kim in a dead silence, heading to our room. The walk seems to take forever. How I wish we could reach our room faster. I cursed Kim for her coolness. I am so annoyed with the calm that she show on her face. How she could be that relax while I am the one who felt miserable. I didn’t give any answers to her just now.  Doesn’t she need to at least feel afraid or insecure with it? Doesn’t she need to show a lot more efforts that she want me? Look, how would I put my trust in her? She could act like nothing happened to us in the past few minutes. I hate Kimhan. I hate Kimhan for putting me this way.

 

“Are you alright?” Kim’s voice snapped me from my moment of contemplation. Just like a slow motion movie, I saw she brought her hand to my eyebrows, massaging the extremely furrowed curve to its normal state. “Why are you frowning this way.” She said.

 

“I’m alright. Could you please stop doing so.” Unintentionally I am being mean to her. Instead of seeing Kim getting upset, I saw the corner of her lips curved up into a warm smile.

 

“You’re thinking too much.” She chuckled and I started to wonder if she could read my mind all the way as we headed back to our rooms.

 

“No I am not. I’m just tired.” I rolled my eyes to her. I have never behave this way towards Kim. Now, I am seem more like a sulky girlfriend after all which is so weird of me to behave that way.

 

“Well, if you are so tired of walking, I can carry you on my back.” Kim brought her warm brown colored eyes to look to me straight into my eyes. We didn’t realize that have walked quite far from our chalet and now, it might took some minutes to reach that place.

 

“I’m not a little child.” I protested and I found me rolling my eyes to that tom again.

 

“Okay.” Kim responded short to me and eventually kept walking calmly. She put both of her hands into her pocket while her eyes looked straight to the path that we are taking.

 

“It’s going to rain soon.” She said to me and I notice she threw her gaze up to the dark skies.

 

“It is not even raining yet. So what’s the problem now?” I replied in annoyance. Now, I really sound like a girl who is on her premenstrual syndrome. What is wrong with me?

 

“I think we have to run. NOW.” Kim said, raising her perfect eyebrow to me.

 

“What..?” I am about to dodge her words but suddenly she pulled my head slowly and redircted my sight to our back. The rain is coming. It seemed like chasing us furiously.

 

In a quick movement, Kim grabbed my hand swiftly and dragged me to run with her. The monsterous heavy cloud is getting closer yet I know we couldn’t avoid it in any later time.

Soon, it begin to rain heavily. I am drenched to my skin so did Kim. I don’t know how far is it for us to reach our chalet but I really hope we could make it as soon as possible. The cold night breeze added with the clothes that was totally soaked in rain water made me shiver all over my body.

 

            “Kim, I can’t run anymore. I’m tired.” I have to raise my voice to its higher volume because the wind is too strong.

 

            “It isn’t that far. Come.” Kim said and out of expectation she drew me so close to her and secured me in her arms. I don’t know how would we walk like this but I feel so comfortable in her embrace.

 

            “This is your fault.” I scowled. Absentmindedly blame Kim for taking me for a walk.

 

            “My fault?” I could hear the sound of confusion in her voice. She is never so wrong anyway but still I want to put the blame on her.

 

            “Yes, you are.” The statement came out from my mouth clearly.

 

            “Okay then, my fault.” Kim shrugged and kept walking with me in her arms. I felt funny with our condition right now but my dissatisfaction towards that tom didn’t subside yet. How she could be that calm in her every action?

 

******

Soon the enchanting lights of the resort caught our eyes. I am so relieved that finally we reached the place where we can get a shelter. I swear I am drenched to my skin and what more embarrasing is, my skin is so obvious beneath my heavily soaked white dress. I don’t know whether Kim would notice it or not. I just hope she didn’t which is so ridiculous.

 

            “Master Kimhan. What happens to you?” I saw a lady who is about at her early twenty approached us at the front desk. I bet this is one of employee at the resort.

 

            “Cicilia, get a dry towel for us. Hurry up.” Kim said to her and in no time that girl rushed to somewhere I don’t even know. Surprisingly in another seconds, she came back with a thick dry towels for us. She handed one for Kim and another one for me.

 

            “Thank you, Cicilia. You may go now.” Kim thanked her. I saw that girl nodded her head as her reply to Kim and she slowly stepped backward and left us at the empty lobby.

 

            “I guess we should return to our rooms. You should take a bath now or else you will get sick.” Kim diverted her attention to me. She has started to dry herself with the towel while I still stoned to the floor like blur.

 

            “You don’t need to remind me. I know what to do.” I my heel and sauntered away. I can’t understand myself. Why do I have to be so mean to Kim. I just don’t know why. I admit that I am a bit moody after she confessed to me.

 

I heard the sound of footsteps behind me and I know who is the owner for that annoying footsteps. It must be Kim’s.

 

            “Why are you even following me?” I turned my body around and folded my arms grumpily. Kim is following me and I don’t like it.

 

            “Err..I’m going to the same direction as yours too.” She looked to me with her innocent face. Her facial expression is the mixed of feeling guilty and anxiety. It is so funny to see it. I guess she started to feel afraid with my moody head.

 

            “Oh..” I run my eyes from Kim as to cover my absentminded accusation. I felt warm blood rushed up to my face. Oh I am so embarrassed.

 

As soon as I reach the door that showing the number of room I have checked in this evening, my eyes caught a familiar figure  by my door. Little Sushar is sitting in front of the door, hugging her knees tightly.

 

            “Sushar, what are you doing here?” Before I could ever approach the little girl, Kim voice has already greeted the girl first. The little girl turned her head to look to us. I can saw her gloomy face. What is wrong with her.

 

            “Aren’t you suppose to sleep by now? Where is Uncle Zee and Aunty Jane?” Kim stepped much more faster than me, reaching her daughter’s side.

 

            “Uncle Zee and Aunty Jane have fall asleep. I’m looking for Mummy.” The little girl looked up to Kim with her teary eyes.

 

            “What is it for?” Kim frowned. I don’t know that Kim could be this strict to her daughter.

 

            “I want to sleep with Mummy.” The little girl pouted as her voice shaken. I think she is in the verge of crying.

 

            “Sushar, this is too much. First, you sneaked out from the room alone and second you want to trouble Teacher Aom Amm.” Kim said stern. She folded her arms in front of her chest, revealing her strict – parental characteristic.

 

            “Now, I want you to go back to ....” “Kim.” I cut Kim from furthering her command to her little daughter. That tom gazed bewilderedly to me.

 

            “It’s fine. She can sleep with me.” I said, feeling pity to the little Sushar. My other side aching that much to see her gloomy face which I don’t understand why do I have to feel that way. Most probably I have that instinct like a mother as my age now is so practical to be a mother.

 

The little Sushar quickly stood up from the place where she sitted and hid behind my legs. I know she is happy with my approval.

 

            “Mummy, can we sleep with Papa too.” The little Sushar requested to me. I brought my eyes back to Kim just to find her jaw dropped slightly for the utmost shocking request from her spoiled little daughter.

 

I found Kim i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter