Part 18

What Does The Future Hold (DON'T DOUBT MY LOVE'S SEQUEL)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11 years later

 

            “Mummy...” The young teenage girl whined. She kept tugging her mother’s sleeve shirt  continually, trying to get the elder woman’s attention. It was almost half and hour since she tried to ask a favor from her mother but the elder woman seemed not to cooperate.

 

            “Mummy..” She called again, this time with much more pleading content in her tone.

 

            “What is it sweetheart?” The mother finally gave in. She turned to look to her daughter. Little Sushar was no longer a little kid. She has grown up to be a beautiful teenage girl.

 

            “Mummy, please talk to Papa. I really want to join the camping. Please persuade Papa to let me join the trip.” The young teenage girl uttered her request.Pie had knew it for the first place. Her daughter has told her that the recreational club which the young one  joined in school organized an expedition to a mountain. Sushar didn’t want to waste the oppurtinity too when all her friends will go for the trip during the school break. The problem which Sushar  had now was, her Papa thought that kind of activity was too dangerous for a girl like her and  with no tolerance she was strictly not allowed to join the expedition.

 

            “Sushar sweetheart.” Pie’s  hands found her daughter’s small shoulder. She held the small frame and twirled  them lightly as to have a clearer sight of the teenager.

 

“You know Mummy had tried to talk to your Papa for infinate times.” She said. “But Papa’s answer still remain the same. Papa didn’t allow you to join it.” She let out a sorry sigh. Pie saw how disappointed her daughter to acknowledge the disapproval from her Papa yet she understood exactly how her teenage daughter wished what she has been saying wasn’t true.

 

“Mummy can  try again right?” The teenager didn’t want to give up. The burning eagerness in her eyes showed how high was the hope she put into her mother.

 

“Please Mummy?” She took her mother’s hand and clasped them together with hers.

 

“You know your Papa. We can do nothing if Papa disapproved everything.” Pie felt sorry for her daughter.  She has been trying to talk to Kim  about their daughter’s wish since two weeks ago but everything seemed useless when the answer remained the same. Their teenage daughter can’t go anywhere regardless any excuses or reasons.

 

“It happens every year!” Sushar  scowled. The rebellious gesture of her body implied how fed up she was with all prohibition which was made by her parents.

 

“Why can’t Papa let me be independent like any other kids? I’m big enough to take care of myself.” She bursted out. The disappointed  tears started to spring in her eyes.

 

 “It’s not I’m socialize around with nonsense people. I just want to go for a camping. That’s it.”

 

“Sushar..” Pie reached out her hand to her teenage daughter’s face but the young one dodged away.

 

“I’m sick of being caged like this. What’s the use of Papa to keep me all the time in this house? I’m not a doll which Papa could display to Papa’s business partners  whenever they come here.” The teenage girl was getting out of her control. Resentment and frustrated enveloped her. The rebellious self of her teenage soul has shown up to the surface.

 

“You know Papa was just concern about your safety and everything. Papa loves you too much so does Mummy.” The mother coaxed her daughter lovingly. Pie saw a bit truth in her daughter’s saying. Kim often take them all together to a meeting or any occasion which involving her business and it happened that everytime of it, their daughter Sushar was introduced to the committee. Pie presumed it to be how proud Kim to have a beautiful daughter like Sushar but the teenage girl had a different perception about it.

 

“Papa is being over protective and it was too much.” The young one sobbed.

 

“Papa has promised to take us for a vacation right? We can have so much fun time together.” Pie suddenly remembered the plan that her spouse had set to substitute the expedition that her daughter really wish to join in.

 

“Mummy, can’t you just understand me a bit this time. I want to have some fun with my friends too.” It wasn’t a surprise for Pie  to hear her daughter to recoil such way. She has expected it earlier.

 

“Mummy will try to talk to Papa again.” Pie said. She relented to the fact that she loved her daughter with her whole heart.

 

“Promise?” Her daughter peeked up for a conformation. Her swollen eyes shimmered with hopes.

 

“Mummy will try.” The mother reassured it. She couldn’t guarantee whether her another talk with her spouse would work but for the sake of her daughter, she will do it.

 

“Thank you, Mummy.” A smile dancing gleefully across the teenager’s lips.

 

“Now, don’t cry.” The elder woman wiped the stain of tears on her daughter’s cheeks. “Your Papa will come home for lunch soon.” She said.

 

“I heard somebody talked about me.” Their conversation was interrupted. The one they waited to come home has arrived. Both of the ladies watched Kim walked to the kitchen where they were. Kim brought something in her hands.

 

“Kim..” Pie greeted her spouse with a warm smile.

 

“Hello my lovely ladies. What are you two talking about? Any interesting stories to share with me?” Kim asked. She placed the plastic bag which she brought earlier on the cabinet. Later, she made her way to both her precious ladies. Kim gave a peck on Pie’s lips and then turned to kiss her daughter on her forehead.

 

“Are you crying Princess? Anyone hurts you?” Kim titled up her daughter’s chin. It was still obvious that Sushar’s eyes were all red. Kim’s facial expression started to change. The worried looked was mixed with some resentment.

 

“No Kim. Our daughter was helping me to chop the onions.” Pie in. Kim shifted her sight to her daughter again just to find the teenage girl nodded her head ardently.

 

“My princess wants to learn how to cook hmm?” Kim smiled. She gazed to her daughter’s angelic face all over affectionately. It felt like it was only yesterday she seen her daughter as a little toddler but look now, Sushar stood in front of her as a teenager. Years had passed so quickly that she didn’t even realize how time had changed everything tremendously.

 

“But I still couldn’t defeat Papa’s cooking skills.” Sushar said, considering to respond to her Papa even though she wasn’t really in the mood to talk.

 

“Kim, what did you buy?” Pie interrupted. As the mother who had take care of Sushar since she was a little baby, she knew exactly how her daughter’s behaviour. Only if Kim knew that she was the reason of her daughter’s frustrated tears, her spouse would be so guilty to acknowledge it.

 

“Just some apples and bananas.” Kim answered.

 

“Shall I made them into juice?” Pie surmised.

 

“That’s why I love you, Pie.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter