Part 21

What Does The Future Hold (DON'T DOUBT MY LOVE'S SEQUEL)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s Note

I’m aware that it has been ages since my last update for this story. I recommend it to you to reread the previous chapter for some refreshment (if any of you have forgotten the storyline). I hope you like it.

            “It has been almost three days Kim. Your daughter still refuses to talk to you and you didn’t make any efforts to make everything all right. What has gone wrong with all people in this house?” Pie paced back and forth, worrying about her spouse and their only child. Sushar has been avoiding Kim almost all the time. Two of her most important persons seemed not to get along well as they have always been. It somehow sent an unpleasant feeling to her.

 

            “I’m giving her some peaceful time to compose herself.” Kim shrugged, shifting her attention from the book that she’s reading for awhile before she focused on her reading again.

 

            “Kim, you have been giving me the same excuse for the previous two days.” Pie retorted. Kim’s attitude made her sick. Her spouse seemed to take every matter lightly. “Do something Kim. Sushar is our only child and both of you are the only family I have.” Pie groaned inwardly.

 

            “That’s a big lie.” Kim put the reading material on the nightstand and faced her spouse. “You have your parents and sister besides my family is your family too.” Kim said casually.

 

            “Kim!” Pie began to lose her temper.

 

            “Calm down darling.” Kim motioned her hand, inviting Pie take a seat at the next empty space beside her. It only came to her disappointment when Pie shook her head immediately.

 

            “Don’t you see the problem here? You said yourself that our daughter refuses to talk to me. How can I talk to her?” Kim complained. “Our daughter still thinks that we’re going to give her another sibling which she believes as replacing her as our child.” Kim said. “The truth is we don’t. It’s an over thinking problem.” She continued with a sigh.

 

            “Why did you even bring up the matter to her?” Pie’s forehead creased adding the uneasy expression on her face.

 

            “It was just a question.” Kim shrugged. She didn’t find anything wrong with it. The question didn’t relate to any intention.

 

            “You know what? I have got enough of this. I shall stop this madness and we are going to live as a normal family again.” Pie stated.

 

            “Aren’t we good?” Kim said.

 

            “Kim…” Pie managed a deadpan expression. How could Kim say such thing absentmindedly?

           

“Alright for now, we don’t.” Kim surrendered. “What’s your plan?” She queried, knowing that Pie has always come with a good resolution to problems. They have been married for years and all Kim aware, Pie has grown more mature and wiser.

 

“We are going to eat out and you have to put everything back to their places tonight.” Pie put an end to their conversation before it turned out to be the next World War between them.

 

            “I thought we’re going to have our dinner at home?” Kim mused, partially startled with Pie’s decision.

 

            “No Kim. No one is going to leave the table early tonight and everyone must talk to each other. Do whatever you think NECESSARY.” Pie smiled in satisfaction. Her plan might work. She would make sure that a few minutes of their dining time together at its highest quality. Sushar and Kim are going to talk to each other again and all misunderstanding should be cleared. Pie always found it hilarious and she was aware that her daughter was all jealous until it reached the point that it was unacceptable to her to have another sibling. Pie has never thought that it could be this way.

 

            “Does your daughter agree with it?” Kim interrupted her reverie.

 

            “She’s our daughter, Kim. Mind your words. This is why everything that came out from your mouth could lead to misunderstanding. You’re saying as if she isn’t your daughter.” Pie shook her head. Kim was giving her a hard time these days. She seemed to change a bit. “And to answer you, she has to join the dinner because it’s her Mummy’s order.” Pie responded confidently as she began to walk away, leaving their room to reach for their daughter.

 

            ****

            “Sushar sweetheart, may I come in?” Pie knocked on the pink door. As far as she could recall it, they have never changed its colour since they moved into the house. It tickled Pie to her amusement to recall the chains of events in the past. Not even their daughter was born, they have already thought of her name and Kim was all high spirit when she already set up the room for their child even though they were uncertain about the newborn’s presence in their life. Pie glanced to the other side where the door was painted blue. It supposed to be the room for their son if they had one. They would call him Nadeem.

 

            “Mummy?” Sushar’s voice brought Pie back to her reality. “How can I help you?” The teenage girl let the door wide open as she paced back into her room, throwing herself into the bed lazily.

 

            “We’ll be eating out. Get yourself prepared before six.” Pie told in a matter – of – fact way while she stepped inside the room. She might seem to focus on her conversation with her daughter but little did anyone know her periphery vision has already scanned through the entire edge of the room. Pie was more than satisfied to find out that Sushar’s room is all clean and tidy. That’s her daughter. No, crossed that; that’s their daughter.

 

            “What?” The teenage girl’s jaw dropped in response, hardly believing what she had heard. It’s out of her anticipation that they would eat outside rather than having it at home. All she knew, her Papa Kimhan is too strict when it comes to eating. She would prioritize the home cooked meal.

 

            “Don’t what me.” Pie shook a finger. “It’s my order and you should obey my words. Put on nice clothes and please be punctual.” Pie reminded.

 

            “But Mummy…”

 

            “No excuses, dear. I’ll see you later.” Pie smiled and seconds later, she closed the door behind her and left her daughter wondering alone in her room.

 

            ***

            “You’re going to like the restaurant, dear. You love the food there when you were little.” Pie was the one who kept the conversation alive since the beginning of the ride. It frustrated her that Sushar seemed not to be interested to talk to them especially to Kim and it’s more disappointing to see Kim being nonchalant about it.

 

            “I’m so upset these days.” Pie brooded. From the corner of her eyes, she caught both Kim and Sushar shifting their gazes to her. YES.

 

            “Why?” Both of Kim and Sushar asked at the same time.

 

            “This is not our family.” Pie shrugged. “I think I have failed to put our bond together. I’m such good – for – nothing mother. My daughter hates her parents and we’re the failing guardians.” Pie sighed dramatically.

 

            “Mummy, you’re not.” Sushar began to fret. “You’re the best mother in the world.” The teenage girl said, waving her hands as she denied her mother’s complaint.

 

            “I’m sorry…” The teenage girl finally spoke. “I love both of you. I love Mummy and I love Papa.” The girl uttered in her low voice.

 

            “It’s just… I DON’T THINK I AM READY TO BE A BIG SISTER IF I EVER HAPPEN TO HAVE A LITTLE SISTER OR BROTHER SOON.” Sushar blurted in one sharp breath. Both Kim and Pie exchanged their gazes, anticipating such confession from their teenage daughter. At last, they ended up laughing to their amusement because of it.

 

            “It’s not funny.” The teenage girl scowled. “It creep me out to think that we’re going to have a baby in the house. All your attention will be shifted to the little one and I’ll be left out; all alone.” She voiced out her long kept thought to her parents.

 

            “It’s not going to happen, dear.” Pie cooed their daughter with her soft voice. “I can’t bear any child anymore.” The statement startled Sushar to her utmost shock.

 

            “It’s true, dear.” Kim continued. “Eleven years ago, your mother had some complication when she gave birth to you. The doctor discouraged us to have more kids.” Kim explained while reaching out her hand to her spouse’s. Sushar has never known the true tale. It has been ages that they kept the untold story fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter