Part 20

What Does The Future Hold (DON'T DOUBT MY LOVE'S SEQUEL)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 days later…

            “Papa couldn’t believe that you disobey me and you Pie; you even compromise with our daughter and let her not to bring all the things she should take along with her to the camp.” Kim said stern. From the corner of Pie’s eye, she saw Kim greeted her teeth obliviously trying to find a little bit patience within her growing resentment. The moving vehicle went dead silent since the beginning of the ride. Sushar sat stoned to the backseat wishing that she could be absorbed by the cushion and being invisible to her Papa’s sight right at the moment but it was definitely impossible. Kim rarely raised her voice neither had the heart to hurt the ladies of her life for no reason but once she did, none of the mortal being could say a word to put the tom to an end.

 

            “I was just trying to help our daughter.” Pie swallowed hard upon responding to Kim.

 

            “You are not helping at all. Look at our daughter; she was burned and tanned and what more? Our daughter looks terrible.” Kim hissed. She stole a glance through the mirror and looked for their daughter. Sushar fidgeted in her seat as her Papa’s eyes penetrated hers.

 

            “Kim…”

 

            “Look Pie, you are the mother and you should be responsible in taking care of our daughter…” Kim preceded ignoring Pie who was trying to speak.

 

            “Kim let me talk!” Pie was getting impatient with her spouse.

 

            “No let me talk.” Kim said.

 

            “Papa, Mummy! Please stop quarreling.” Sushar voiced up. It managed to stop Kim and Pie for moment before they both said it together, “Don’t say that to your parents.”

 

            “Fine, go ahead with your quarrelling. I’m going to jump out of this moving car.” Sushar threatened.

 

            “NO!” The parents shrieked. “Don’t you dare to do that too.” Again, they said it in unison.

 

            “Could you please stop quarrelling? I know I’m wrong. I disobeyed you, Papa but please don’t thoroughly blame Mummy like that.” Sushar said. For a long pause, the teenage girl managed to bring some peace in the car.

 

            “It was my fault. I ask for Mummy’s help to reduce the stuffs I shall bring to the camp.” The girl explained. She felt pity towards her mother that her Papa absent mindedly blame the woman for the thing that was caused by her. Mummy Pie was never so wrong for the matter.

 

            “You know all the things you need will protect yourself from the sun, the insects or what not. Look at you right now, you look worst.” Kim interjected.

 

            “I know Pa but you were trying to pack the whole wardrobe for me. How was it even possible for me to take those stuffs to the jungle?” Sushar said bewildered and indignant at the same time for her Papa’s words.

 

            “I’m so worried about you. You should have known that.” Kim was taken aback with her daughter’s reaction. Pie gasped to the sight that Kim was actually hurt while Sushar did aware she was doing wrong to her Papa.

 

            “I’m sorry Pa.” The teenage girl said. “I should have listened to you but I really can’t make it. It was ridiculous.”

 

            “Sushar.” Pie warned the teenager with a look.

 

            “Fine.” She murmured in between her breath. “Please forgive me, Papa. I will listen to you next time in the future, if and only if the order sounds reasonable to me.” The girl had a sour expression written all over her face.

 

            “Sushar, show your respect to your Papa.” Pie was not in favor with her teenage daughter’s behavior.

 

            “Enough.” Kim said. All eyes were on her, waiting for the next sentences of her saying. “Let’s just get home. Mummy cooked your favorite food.”

 

            ************************************************************************************

 

The Villa

 

            “How is our Princess?” Kim queried as soon as she got a glimpse of Pie’s figure entering their room. Sushar was being sulky and the teenage girl refused to talk to Kim during their lunch together just now; typical teenager’s problem.

 

            “She’s asleep. She’s tired of course.” Pie said. “Aren’t you going to take a nap too?” The lady asked more to wondering if her spouse were about have a brief rest on the noon too.

 

            “Not really. I’m just going to read my book.” Kim showed the book in her hand to her beloved wife.

 

            “Kim, I think we need to talk.” Pie said, locking her concern gaze to the tom. As if she was used to it, Kim beckoned her wife to her side.

 

            “It is all about our daughter, right?” Kim seemed to know everything before Pie nodded her yes.

 

            “Do you feel the same as me?” The lady asked. The perplexing expression she had held a long kept disturbance. It was too obvious for Kim to figure things out; Pie was upset upon something related to their daughter.

 

            “What is it?” Unfortunately Kim didn’t aware with the matter.

 

            “Don’t you think our daughter is growing up rebellious?” Pie fussed. The nagging fear th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter