Part 24

What Does The Future Hold (DON'T DOUBT MY LOVE'S SEQUEL)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee High

Sushar’s first day at Lee High went smooth except for the presence of Mr. Jeremy. Though at first Sushar thought his presence was disturbing, later, it came to her relief when nothing has occurred either. Being professional, Jeremy has never included his private life into his career. He has never mentioned anything which made it obvious to anyone that both have known each other personally. It’s in the school and their relationship was meant to be between a teacher and a student. Chandra has helped her a lot for the day. Sushar could say that Chandra is the nicest friend she has ever met. The girl helped her to grab a few books which she didn’t have, assisting her for the registration to the society club and even toured her around the school. It didn’t take much time to get along well with Chandra. She’s a cool girl.

It’s the end of the day where both of the girls walked down the school hall together while talking to each other about light matter before they parted at the exit. Sushar learned that Chandra didn’t live with her parents. Her parents worked abroad that she was left here with her aunt.

            “How can you be so cool with that?” Sushar asked, wondering how the girl has survived without her parents for years and only see them once in awhile along the years.

            “I don’t know. They have never really raised me.” She shrugged. “You could say that my aunt is my other mother.” She said casually. Sushar’s mind flew to the thought of her Mummy Pie and Papa Kimhan. They have always been with her and never failed to love her as their daughter. She could be considered, lucky.

            “What about you?” It’s Chandra turn to learn about Sushar. Sushar grimaced to the thought that she needed to explain about her complicated family. After all, she wouldn’t want to divulge the secret about her lesbian parents.

            “I’m the only child.” Sushar said. Chandra gazed at her once and nodded knowingly.

            “I thought so.” She smiled.

            “What about your parents?” Chandra asked the question which Sushar tried to avoid from talking about.

            “My Mummy is a housewife.” Sushar told truthfully.

            “What about your father?” Chandra proceeded and Sushar choked upon hearing it.

            “I don’t have a father.” Sushar said in her low voice. Chandra stopped abruptly on her track, grasping Sushar’s arm gently in concern.

            “I’m sorry.” She said with an apologetic tone. Sushar gazed at her friend in confusion. Then, realization struck her that Chandra might understand it in a different way. She must have thought that her father was dead. The truth was, she really didn’t have a father at all.

            “It’s fine with me.” Sushar nodded awkwardly. She was just lucky when Chandra didn’t even bring up any of the matter about her family anymore. They just walked together in silence.

            “Well, I’ll see you tomorrow.” Chandra squeezed her hand gently before she bid her goodbye. Sushar watched her new friend as she entered a luxurious car which waited for her right at the parking lot near the entrance. She wandered her eyes around, trying to search for her ride but then she didn’t see one.

            “Sushar.” A manly voice called her. She didn’t need to see the figure; Mr. Jeremy suddenly stood right in front of her.

            “Yes Mr. Jeremy.” She tried to sound friendly. “May I help you?” She asked in her sarcastic tone.

            “Oh, it’s nothing.” He smiled sheepishly.

            “Alright, I guess I should get going now.” Sushar stepped away from him.

“Sushar, wait.” Mr. Jeremy managed to stop her by grabbing her arm. Sushar dodged away quickly, throwing her gaze to the surrounding to make sure that no one was watching. She was just lucky that there were no persons there.

“I have had enough problems at my old school and please don’t lead me to another trouble here. I don’t want to hear any rumours tomorrow morning, saying that the new girl has a scandal with a new teacher.” She growled.

“I just want to talk to you.” Jeremy seemed offended.

“After all, you are the only person who has ever known all about me personally. Here, in this school I am your student and you’re my teacher. Stay away from my business and I keep my distance from you.” Sushar warned.

“I don’t get your mean.” Mr. Jeremy looked confused.

“Just please stay away from me and pretend that you have never known me.” Sushar said for the last time before she left the young man in complete puzzled.

 

*******

Sushar went home, fetched by the chauffer as it has been promised that her Papa Kimhan would never show up at the school neither being around her in public. The sudden change felt strange towards the teenage girl. It felt weird when she was not greeted by her Papa’s warm hug or kisses whenever her Papa happened to fetch her. Sushar was heading to her room when she accidentally heard a terrible quarrel between her Mummy Pie and her Papa Kimhan. She peeked at the slightly ajar door to figure things out.

            “Kim, you are being selfish again.” Mummy Pie yelled, sobbing to her disappointment.

            “What did I do wrong?” Papa Kimhan sighed, confused all over. She was still in her formal suit, perhaps just arrived home from the office.

            “You have never discussed it with me; are you aware that you told our daughter, she will be sent away to study abroad if her study in Lee’s won’t work as well.” Mummy Pie stated, bringing her back to the moment during their breakfast. How couldn’t she realize that?

            “What’s the problem?” Papa Kimhan sounded not to understand the reason why her spouse was upset with it. Sushar didn’t vi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter