Part 12

What Does The Future Hold (DON'T DOUBT MY LOVE'S SEQUEL)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If people were about to make any justification between little Sushar and Pie Mindara Manaying, they would say this innocent little girl is Pie’s incarnation when Pie was a little girl. The little one has medium length brunette hair, her brown sparkling eyes make you melt when she looks at you, her smile makes you feel warm yet gives a strange sense of comfort and whenever her soft chuckles broke into a laughter, there’s no words beyond your vocabulary list could describe the joy and happiness. Ever since their encounter with Aom Amm these past few months, the little girl grew much radiant as if she got a new wave of hope to live her life. The innocent little girl held no doubt to presume that the woman they just met is the new mother of her life.

 

The fear and consequences of the closeness which the little girl had with Aom Amm which first make Kim worried like sick now came to hit her in reality. Today has become the whole two weeks Aom Amm didn’t show up neither come to teach at school as usual. Her daughter, Sushar who has no clue of  her ‘mother’ disappearance, kept asking Kim where that woman has gone to. Kim herself got no idea where Aom Amm has been too. Each day, Kim will just say to her daughter that Aom Amm is having a task out of town where she is unreachable. She has no choice rather than saying such way because Aom Amm really couldn’t be reached through any medium. Neither calls nor emails, Aom Amm didn’t pick up nor replied any of them. The woman completely disappear ever since Kim last met her during the ‘tragedy’ night.

 

“Pa, did Mummy give you any calls?” Little Sushar asked for the countless time again. They were just a few minutes on the road after Kim fetched her at the nursery.

 

“No dear. Mummy is so occupied.” Kim lied again. If the little one knew that all her answers were lies this while, she must be upset when it comes to her knowledge.

 

“What is Mummy doing?!” Little Sushar stomped her feet to the base of the compartment in rebellious gesture, making the moving vehicle shook a bit as the result of the thumping wave.

 

“Mummy must has really important task to do.” Kim reached out her hand to her daughter, soothing the little one with a gentle caress on her crown.

 

“I don’t believe it no more!” Tugged away her head from Kim. Never did Kim see her little daughter being impatient this way.

 

“I don’t have any idea where has your Mummy been too, dear.” Kim finally admitted it to her daughter. A long heavy sigh escaped from as if she has been holding it for so long.

 

As Kim averted her sight to her daughter, the little girl already wept silently. Even though she tried to keep her lips tightly close as not to make her sobbing clear to Kim’s hearing, the little girl’s despair finally broke into outburst crying.

 

            “Shh..Don’t cry my dear heart.” Sorrow engulfed Kim, pulling her down to her lowest ebb. Seeing this her daughter in this heart wrenching situation just added the throbbing pain inside her chest.

 

            “I miss Mummy Aom Amm..” Little Sushar’s tears rolled down shamelessly.

 

            “I miss you Mummy too, dear.” Kim avert her eyes away from her daughter. If she can weep right now, she will just cry and cry shamlessly in front of her daughter but no, little Sushar can’t see her weak side. She is more lost as to compared to her daughter. Aom Amm disappear out of her realization. That woman left  her puzzled  with thousands unanswered questions.

 

            “Pa, please look for Mummy.” Little Sushar said, more to pleading.

 

            “I want to see Mummy.”

 

“We’ll look for Mummy later on, dear. We should head home now.”  Kim responded short to the request.

 

“Promise Pa?” The little girl looked to Kim with her hopeful gaze.

 

“I promise.” Even though Kim wasn’t sure on how she would find  Aom Amm, she didn’t have heart to say she cannot to her daughter.

 

            ***************************************************************************************

 

            “My dear child, please eat this even just for a bite.” The elderly woman patiently persuaded her daughter.

 

            “No Mom. I have no appetite.” She dodged her head away. Her face grew gloomy as dull as her room. The only source of light in there was the dim bedside lamp. It was raining outside, adding the metallic cold inside the dimly illuminated chamber.

 

            “How are you going to heal up fast if you don’t want to eat any? You need to fresh up yourself with some energy.” The mother pleaded again, this time much more softer than the first.

 

            “There’s no reason to live anymore, Mom. I give up.” The young lady uttered firmly.

 

            “What are you talking about my child?!” The mother snapped with flicker of irritation in her tone.

 

“Don’t you ever think such way or Lord will be really mad with us.” The mother gazed to her daughter with a worried look written all over her wrinkled face.

 

“Why He put me this way? Why Mom? Tell me?!” The young lady seemed has lost her wise thinking ability. She  trembled like a frightened puppy yet her head shook frantically in despair.

 

“We cannot blame the fate and destiny.” The mother soothed her down. “Everything was written for you yet we have no power to alter it.” The tone in her voice  was fulled with bitterness and anguish.

            “What is the meaning of life to you Mom?” The young lady searched the answers through her mother’s eyes. The elderly woman sighed and put the plate of meal aside.

 

            “To love and be loved by your beloved one besides being blessed by the Almighty for our live on this world.” The mother said while gently caressed the young lady’s cheek with care.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter