Part 17

What Does The Future Hold (DON'T DOUBT MY LOVE'S SEQUEL)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Pie, did you see my car’s key?” Kim bellowed from the front door. Pie who just showed up from the dining hall hurriedly made her way to Kim, dragging a medium size luggage on her right hand side while her left hand side was securely entwined with little Sushar’s tiny fingers. The little one looked drowsy herself as she had to wake up so early in the morning on weekend.

 

“You have three cars, Kim. Which one you are looking for?” Pie queried as soon as she reached the spacious corner near to the entrance where they placed a few compartments to keep their belongings.

 

“The BMW.” Kim looked puzzled. She has been looking for the it thoroughly for so many times yet the shadow of the exclusively shaped key didn’t show up to her view.

 

“Perhaps Shak kept it somewhere.” Pie surmised her earlier assumption. The young maid  has been working in the house for years up until now that both Kim and Pie entrusted her to handle the house chores. In the matter of trust and reliable, she was appointed to be the cheif of all workers in the villa.

 

“Shak? Shak?” Pie called out for the loyal helper.

 

“Yes Ma’am.” As usual, Shak showed up like a thin layer of air. Within seconds, the lady already stood in front of them, ready to take any order from her masters.

 

“Did you see the BMW’s key?” Pie asked.

 

“The key was safely kept in the upper compartment Ma’am.” Shak answered fervently. Pie watched her walked to the precise spot around the huge rack but then, the maid stopped abruptly.

 

“It was here yesterday.” Shak turned to face her masters. Kim could see that Shak’s face turned ashen as if the missing of the key  was her fault.

 

“Oh God! Where is it?” Kim frowned. From time to time she kept glancing to her wrist watch. She was aware that she will be late with each ticking second that had passed.

 

“You have the another two cars, why don’t you just drive one of them?” Pie suggested. She traced her gaze back to the compartment. The two hanging keys just wait for their master to pick them. One of which the MPV that Kim bought for her while the other one is an exclusive mini cooper.

 

“That’s my favorite. I don’t want to use the MPV and the mini cooper is not really convenient for a long journey.” Kim sputtered long. She  had to go out of town for some meeting with the clients. The new tender for an export business trade was worth million income.

 

“There’s no one in the house would want to wear your shoes Kim.” Pie sighed with the truth behind Kim’s reason.

 

“Are you sure that you didn’t misplace them? Have you checked in your mini office?” Pie queried again, hinted Kim to recall if her spouse had put it somewhere else.

 

“I’m sure that I kept the key here. The last time I use the car was on Monday.” Kim assured it to Pie.

 

“The key is not going to move anywhere itself unless there’s anybody who moved it somewhere.” Pie said and apparently averted her eyes to their little daughter who stoned in silence since the beginning.

 

“Why everybody looks at me?” Little Sushar responded to all gazes that fell on her. Kim already got the clue that Pie hinted to them. The missing key has something to do with their daughter.

Knelt down to her daughter’s height, Kim held  the the little one’s tiny frame shoulders  persuasively.  “Honey, where did you keep Papa’s car’s key?”

 

“I don’t know.” The little girl shook her head ardently.

 

“Papa promise that Papa won’t get mad if you get me the key. Papa need to go to work right now.” Kim persuaded her little daughter again. Even if Sushar pretended not to know about the matter, Kim knew for the first place that the little one had kept it somewhere.

 

“Papa please don’t go.” Little Sushar pouted. At any instant Kim saw tears rolled down her soft cheeks, leaving a the stain of sadness on her angelic face. Seeing that, Pie’s guessing hit the right point. It surprised her a bit on how her little daughter could know which of the which cars Kim was going to use today.

 

“Oh dear..” Kim pulled her daughter into her arms. “It’s just for three days or so. Papa will come back straight away once Papa done with the work.” She soothed the little one.

 

“No..Why do Papa has to go there?” Little Sushar sobbed even more.

 

“Papa have to work. If Papa didn’t work, how could Papa afford to buy you new dresses, toys and ice – cream?” Kim said coaxingly. At once, her eyes met Pie’s. Pie’s face was redden as she chuckled silently. This drama not only happened today. It occured whenever Kim has to go away from home and left them for days.

 

“Can Mummy and I go along with Papa?” The little one requested. The realization that little Sushar grew up overly attached to Kim m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter