Part 14

What Does The Future Hold (DON'T DOUBT MY LOVE'S SEQUEL)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was aware that me and my daughter were the only mortals left at this meticulously planned cemetry. My daughter continued staring at the fresh and newly placed tombstone. Once she brought her hands to touch the inscribed wordings on it, a fresh torrent of tears gushing out from her swollen eyes again. It pained me to see her crying like that. Every drop of her tears torn me apart.

 

               “Sushar sweetheart, let’s go home?” I took my daughter’s arm gently. If I were to count it roughly, this was nearly the hundredth time I persuaded my little one to come home. As I have expected, my daughter tugged her hand away again from me and shook her head reluctantly.

 

Even though my daughter previously seemed to understand the loss of her beloved one  by the loss of her own mother but being a young girl of merely four years little Sushar never really understood the meaning of death nor the purpose of death. All she could understand was death took something too precious away from her yet she ended up having a lot of hurt and  resentment.

 

             “It’s going to rain soon, my dear.” I said to her. I was aware that downpour soon to gushed down mercilessly. The whole sky was engulfed by black swirling clouds. The wind has increased in its intensity.

 

              “No! Papa can go home. I want to stay here!” My daughter glared to me with her hatred gaze. Yes, my little daughter started to hate me. She hated me for the reason that I refused to follow her ‘fairytale plan’ – that the true love’s kiss.

 

I met my blunt end as everything I did to persuade my daughter  to come with me ended up with her refusal. Little Sushar stoned there, kneeling down in her grief. At last I decided to let her had her time alone. Before I stepped back, I placed an umbrella to her side. My daughter seemed did not bother with it when I finally walked away and headed to a bench which was not that far from her.

 

It was a lie if the loss of Aom Amm did not fill my heart with enermous grief. If I were to drown into my feeling, I must have been much worst than my own daughter. However,  this  second encounter with the loss of my precious love had prepared me well to its consequences. Every life is a gift and every love is a joy. Death may seemed to take it all away. Yet not everything is lost. That love can continue to live through the act of remembrance.

 

            “Why are you still here at this late young child?” Someone approached me out of my realization. The sudden presence of this stranger nearly made me fell from my seat. Fortunately I did not suffer from heart attack which I might have died at any instant because of the shock.

 

            “My daughter, I am waiting for my daughter.” I told this stranger. She is an old lady dressed up in white. Her face was creased with wrinkles, her cheeks were sunken and when she smiled to me, she revealed her toothless gums.

 

            “Waiting for someone that could never come back?” She surmised. There’s something that soothe me to my inner soul by looking to this lady’s face. She calmed me.

 

            “No my lady. My daughter is there.” I directed my hand to my little Sushar who was still stone in front of Aom Amm’s grave. The old lady nodded knowingly as she finally spotted my daughter figure from our place.

 

            “Please have a seat.” I invited her to have her seat next to me.

 

            “She lost her mother?” The old lady asked to me but her gazed fixed to my daughter from afar.

 

            “Her mother died when she was one year old.” I told her. “She grieves over the loss of her soon to be mother.” I added some detail to my saying as not to confuse this lady.

 

            “The twin to her mother right?” This stranger lady really caught me off my guard.

 

            “I heard it from the cemetry guardian.” As if she could read my mind, the lady chuckled softly when she caught my startle face.

 

            “What are you doing here, my lady?” My curiosity empowered me. Her sudden presence at this dead silence cemetry was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter