Part 15

What Does The Future Hold (DON'T DOUBT MY LOVE'S SEQUEL)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “My lady?” Kim called the old woman. She was nowhere to be seen.

 

            “Sushar?” She could not find my daughter too. Panic strike her out of sudden.

 

            “Kim?” A familiar voice reached her ears. The voice that she longed to listen to all this while.

 

Before she could even confirmed her hearing, she was approached by the one she fear of losing for.  “Pa! You’re awake!” There was an enermous excitement in her little daughter's voice. The little girl was the first to came to her side and by the time she could adjust herself with this new surrounding, she was actually laying on a bed.

 

            “What happened to me, sweetie. Where are we?” Kim asked to her little princess as she tried to reposition herself to sitting position. Seeing Kim having such difficulties, her thoughtful little daughter assisted her to sit up.

 

            “You fainted Pa. We are at the hospital.” Little Sushar gazed to her with her worried eyes.

 

            “Oh..” Kim nodded.  “What? Hospital?!” Just when she realized it, Kim shrieked in terror. This is unbelievable.

 

            “Pa..Are you alright?” The little girl’s worried look was gaunted with an adding fear.

 

            “I’m fine. I’m fine.” Kim panted heavily while trying to composed herself back to normal. “Come here, sweetheart. Come to Papa.” Kim gathered her little daughter in her arms.

 

            “Papa loves you.” She said, planted a soft kiss on her little daughter’s crown.

 

            “I love you too, Pa.” The little one diving into Kim’s embrace affectionately.

 

            “Here’s your water.” Out of nowhere, someone handed her a glass of water. Kim did not take it straight away. She stared long enough to the hand before she finally gained her courage to look up to the person.

 

            “Aom Amm?” She held her breath while her heart pounded wildly. There stood in front of her, the one that got away previously.

 

            “Who is AOM AMM, Kim?!” A sharp glare burrow into her head, dunk  into her chest and drilled  into all of her making she felt like she was on a hook.

 

            “Opssyy.. Papa in trouble!” Little Sushar stifled her laughter when she caught Kim was startled to death.

 

            “Pie?” Kim restated.

 

            “Good that you still remember your wife’s name!” Pie growled to her annoyance. Kim saw it clearly, Pie’s grip on the glass became tighter with each increasing seconds they stared to each other. The swollen anger that Pie held seemed waiting for the right time to be exploded like an eruption of volcano.

 

            “No! No! It’s not like that.” Kim squirmed on the bed. Guilt enveloped her, pulling herself into biggest fear.

 

            “I just left you for five days and look what has happened? It’s our daughter who take care of you instead you, taking care of her! And how dare you mention other’s woman name as soon as you gained your concious. Oh Gosh Kim! I can’t believe this. ” The burst of Pie’s anger hung over them for a moment, filled the room with stiff tense. Little Sushar just stared to both of her parents. Seeing Pie’s babbling around was a common thing for her but this burst anger was really unusual.

 

 On the other hand, Kim was speechless to her blunt end. Everything seemed confusing yet she still could not understand how and what has actually happened previously. Does the old lady really grant her wishes or she was transferred to the other dream?

 

            “What happen to me actually?” Kim murmured softly, holding her head in pain. Trying to find the coherent logic in this current situation invited the unwelcome headache.

 

            “How I ended up here, sweetheart?” Kim asked to her little daughter who still remained sitted in her laps. The only hope she has was her little daughter. People said little child would not tell lies. Perhaps Sushar has all the answers to her confusion.

 

            “I mistook a stranger and thought she was Mummy. When Papa looked to the stranger, Papa fainted.” The little girl narrated her story one by one.

 

            “Then, the stranger was the one who called the doctor for help and that’s why Papa is here. Doctor treated Papa.” She added some more details to her explanation.

 

            “Kim..” Pie called her again, now with a softer tone in her voice. Kim averted her sight to Pie. Her wife was now a bit calm than previously. Pie then took her seat at the edge of the bed yet brought her hands to cup Kim’s face.

 

            “You’re so silly!” Pie giggled out of sudden. Kim still could not absorb why Pie laugh at her.

 

            “Your blood pressure increased and then you passed out.  Are you stress?” Pie asked. She brushed Kim’s hair softly as she scanned her love’s life face for the longest time. Kim gazed deep into Pie’s eyes. All she saw was the two pools of loves and care.

 

            “I just left both of you for five days yet you couldn’t handle to take care of our daughter huh?” Pie pinched Kim’s cheeks.

 

            “My instinct is right. I should not let you  to take care of our daughter alone.” Pie shook her head but keep the teasing smile on her angelic face.

 

            “How long I have been here?” Instead of answering her wife, Kim wander her eyes around, trying to figure out the current time.

 

            “It’s 9.00 p.m now. You have been here since this noon.” Pie said. “I rush to come back here when the doctor called me, informing that you were hospitalized. You made me worried sick.”

 

            “Oh, thank God.” Kim felt relieved with the truth. “I slept for long hours.”

 

            “Ahah..The doctor said you need rest.” Pie said. “Maybe it was the effects of the medicine that the doctor gave you.”

 

            “Who is the stranger that help me earlier?” Curiosity empowered Kim to the most. She couldn’t  remember how the stranger looked like.

 

            “She left long hours ago. Her name is Nikita.” Pie informed her.

 

            “Yes Papa. She is Aunty Nikita. She treat me ice – cream before Mummy arrived.” Little Sushar confirmed it to her. When little Sushar mentioned about ice – cream, Pie glared to her daughter with her death gaze. The little one who caught her mother’s warning glare just grinned back like lunatic.

 

            “Oh I see.” Kim finally understood what has really happening back then. Even though the acceptance of the reality has finally rushed down to her clear mind state slowly, Kim still feel blur at any instant.

 

            “You seem not that alright Kim. I think you should rest some more.” Pie said.

 

            “No! No! I don’t want to sleep for more.” Kim shook her head in fear. “Can we go home right now?” She requested.

 

            “It’s already night. I think we will just go home tomorrow morning.” Pie said apologetically.

 

            “Oh..” Kim seemed disappointed.

 

            “It’s okay Pa. We will stay here with you.” Their little daughter tried to cheer up her Papa.

 

Kim diverted her gaze to Pie just to see her wife nodded her agreement.

 

 

            ***************************************************************************************

 

            “Kim, are you sure we could fit this bed?” Pie asked, feeling amused with their position. All of them tried to fix themselve on the small hospital bed. Kim laid in the middle with Pie and Sushar on her both side.

 

            “Yes. Just stay close to me.” Kim wrapped her hands to Pie who was on her right side while little Sushar was on her left side.

 

            “I am just so glad that you two are here.” Kim said and alternately averted her eyes to both of her precious ladies.

 

            “I love you, my Queen.” Kim kissed Pie on her forehead.

 

            “And Papa loves you too, my Princess.” She turned to kiss her daughter.

 

            “Kim, did you have a bad dream while you sleeping?” Pie asked out of sudden.

 

            “Urm..Why?” Fear enveloped Kim as the chain of events in the nightmare flashed clearly in her mind.

 

            “Do you know that you cried in your sleep?” Pie stated.

 

            “Did I?” Kim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter