Part 22

What Does The Future Hold (DON'T DOUBT MY LOVE'S SEQUEL)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

School

Monday started rather unusual that day. The auras which radiated from everyone felt completely strange. Sushar Jittaleela, considered as one of the most popular girls at school would usually be greeted with good morning wishes or at least, a smile to replace it, didn’t get any that morning. Whenever she tried to smile to everyone that she saw along the hallway, they returned their suspicious gazes, shaking their heads and bowing to each other closely that their noses nearly touched as if they were discussing secret conspiracy. The sicken look on their faces invited uneasy feeling to Sushar. What has she done wrong? The teenage girl quickened her pace, wishing that she could reach her classroom as soon as possible. Perhaps it was just her feeling; it’s impossible that every student in the school hated her for no reason.

 

            “Everybody is reacting weird today.” Sushar slumped on the chair, taking her seat next to her desk mate. “Good morning Kelsey. How’s your weekend.” She greeted her friend who seemed didn’t bother with her presence.

 

            “Good morning. It’s good.” Kelsey laughed dryly.

 

            “Do you think I have something wrong on my face or on my uniform?” Sushar asked, raising from the chair and twirled around so that he friend could have a look. “They looked at me as if I’m the undead.” The teenage girl grunted.

 

            “No. You are always neat and pretty.” Kelsey shook her head. “Sit down. You’ll have to see this.” Kelsey took out her latest gadget and it to Sushar.

 

            “What is this?” Sushar asked bewildered.

 

            “It’s my iPad you idiot.” Kelsey rolled her eyes.

 

            “Kelsey please, I know this is an iPad too.” Sushar said, raising a brow as she shot her friend a look.

 “Read what’s in there.” Kelsey touched the screen and Sushar saw the student association portal interface on it.

It read, “Sushar Jittaleela, the next successor of Jittaleela is an adopted daughter of her gay parents.”

 

            “I’m not adopted. My Mummy gave birth to me, okay.” Sushar handed the gadget back to her friend. “What’s the problem with the rumour?” She queried, annoyed.

 

            “The problem is that, everybody starts to ‘dislike’ you because you are a daughter to a lesbian couple. Having two mothers is unusual in our culture. Do you aware of it?” Kelsey sighed, pitied her friend.

 

            “I thought they knew it.” Sushar groaned.

 

            “Most of them were not aware that your Papa is a woman and they just knew it.” Kelsey corrected. “To make it worse, people claimed that you’re not supposed to be the next successor of Jittaleela. I just can’t get it why people love to make speculation and see others suffering. They should get a life.” Kelsey complained. “Don’t worry buddy. You family is one of the major funder to this school. No one can hurt you.” Kelsey said.

 

            “When they got tired with all of these, they’ll leave me in peace.” Sushar eased her own feeling. “You’ll still be my best friend, right?” She gazed at Kelsey. Though she looked composed and fine, deep inside her she began to worry for the circumstances which have a high possibility to happen. Never did she imagine that people will speculate her existence and her status. Now the nightmare seemed to come true.

 

            “We grown up together, babe. I’m always here for you.” At least she knew that she would have someone to rely on.

 

            *******

Sushar thought that everything would go fine but it only gets worse from time to time. The other students began to treat her coldly for the reason she wasn’t unsure of it. Attending the science club which she loved the most or joining the practice for the sport has never given her the same excitement. The members seemed to distance themselves from her. It’s the end of the week and that was the last straw. Sushar managed to grab one of the members for a talk.

 

            “Why everybody seems to distance themselves from me?” Sushar asked, frustrated with everyone’s unfriendly treatment.

 

            “I’m sorry but they told me that I shouldn’t become too close with a person like you.” She said timidly. Sushar knew her as a shy girl and that made her a nerd one who would always being under the control of others. She went by the name Mickha, the half blood Japanese.

 

            “Why? Why is that?” Sushar snapped.

 

            “Because they said you are a bad influence. You’re a daughter to a lesbian couple and we don’t want any person to turn out living like your unhealthy lifestyle.” The girl said, stuttering.

 

            “What? Unhealthy lifestyle?” Sushar was all infuriated. “What did they mean?” She held the girl tight when she felt that the girl wanted to escape.

 

            “I have to go now. My father is waiting for me.” The girl struggled to let herself free from Sushar. “I’m sorry.” She left, pacing as fast as she could.

 

            ********

 

It’s Pie’s daily routine to wait for her daughter to come home from school. The front door gushed open in a snap and her attention was all directed to it. From afar, she saw Sushar stormed into the house, looking upset herself.

 

            “Welcome home?” Pie spread her arms to invite her daughter for a hug but Sushar only walked pass her and hastily made her way upstairs.

 

            “Period!” Pie nodded awkwardly. Awhile later, Kim appeared at the door. Her spouse didn’t seem to look fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter