Part 10

What Does The Future Hold (DON'T DOUBT MY LOVE'S SEQUEL)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           “Sushar sweetheart?” Kim called her daughter. The little girl is playing with her dolls. Seeing this makes her wonder how lonely her daughter  has been these past years until now? She has been seeing the same scenario where little Sushar seldom played and talked alone with her unliving friends. The little girl has no other siblings neither cousins to play around with. The only place where she communicates and plays with real people was the few hours she spent at school. Other than that time, she was kept in this huge empty villa without any companion neither she has what other kids have in their life which is a perfect complete family.

 

            “Papa!” The little girl welcomed Kim with her wide smile on her face. She put aside her dolls and let Kim sit on the edge of her bed.

 

            “Uncle Zee will arrive her in about ten minutes. Have you decided what will you take to with you?” Kim asked while caressing her daughter’s hair lovingly. Sushar will spend her overnight at Kim’s parents place while Kim herself has other big planning for tonight.

 

            “I don’t want to leave Mr.Elba neither Ms.Chipu but I can’t take them along with me. I’ve take Mr.Hippo and Mr.Froggy with me.” Her daugher has that little conflict on what toys she should take along to her grandparents house.

 

            “Just take this Mr.Elba and Mr.Hippo then.” Kim picked up the elephant soft toy and also the hippopotamus one. “You often hug them in your sleep.” Kim added.

 

            “How about my clothes Pa?” Sushar asked.

 

            “I think we have left some at Grandpa’s house so there’s no need to pack any.” Kim confirmed it to the little one.

 

            “Are you not going with us Pa?” Little Sushar started to get curious. Usually they’ll spend their overnight together with her Uncle Zee’s family at her Grandparents house but this time Kim can’t come along.

 

            “I have a work to do, sweetheart.” Kim flashed her soothing smile, hoping her reason will not arise any suspicious thought in her daughter’s mind.

 

            “You should get a change now. Uncle Zee will arive in no time.” Kim said, reminding her daughter to get ready.

 

 

            ****************************************************************************************

 

            “I’ll take care of her Kim.” Jane said. Zee is helping her niece with her stuffs and belongings to the car. As usual Zee often complains a lot whenever little Sushar took her toys with her.

 

            “Thank you Jane.”

 

            “Look at your cousin. She looks like a kid herself.” Jane shook her head as they saw Zee and little Sushar have a little fight in the middle of the yard, running and mocking each other action. Zee loves Sushar that much. The little one is the only niece she has.

 

            “Aren’t you two planning to have a kid too?” Kim asked out of her curiosity. Jane and Zee has get married for about four years but there’s nothing much different with their life along these past years.

 

            “We are still trying Kim. I know Zee loves kid. Look how she treat your daughter.” Jane threw her gaze to both Zee and Sushar. Kim saw it, she has that faint smile on her face.

 

            “Let’s go?” Zee came back with little Sushar in her arms. The two has finally put an end to their little fight.

 

            “Take care sweetheart. Behave yourself and don’t burden Grandpa and Grandma that much.” Kim reminded her daughter for one last time.

 

            “Alright Pa!” The little one make the OK sign with her hand.

 

            “All the best bro!” Zee winked  and patted her ‘good luck’  to Kim’s shoulder.

 

            “All the best Pa!” Little Sushar copying exactly the same as Zee. Little did she knows, Kim is actually planning to go out for a date with Aom Amm.

 

 

            ****************************************************************************************

 

            Aom Amm’s Place

 

Nervous, thrilled and excited at the same time, Kim stood at the door waiting for Aom Amm to answer the knock. For years, it will be the first time Kim will go for a date with somebody again.

 

            “Keep calm Kim.” She decomposed herself as she inhaled deeply.

 

Soon the main door was ajar, Aom Amm craned her neck out of the small gap. “Hi.” Just hearing the voice could make Kim faint in no time.

 

            “H—hi.” Kim stuttered just like a high school student whom met her crush for the first time.

 

            “Come in first Kim. You arrive too early.” Aom Amm invited Kim to enter her small apartment. She lived alone there.

 

            “Wait! This is for you.” Kim took out a bouquet of roses for Aom Amm. The girl turned to look at her abruptly.

 

            “Thank you.” Aom Amm spun on her heels, grabbed the bouquet swiftly and ran upstairs to her room. Kim do know how to make her flushed.

 

            “Have a seat Kim. Make yourself comfortable.” Aom Amm shouted from upstairs.

 

            “Alright Princess. No need to rush. We have plenty time.” Kim willingly stepped to the couch. Aom Amm’s place is so neat, more than enough to tell everyone that she is freaking hygenic person. Wandering her eyes around the small unit apartment make Kim remember about her old place. The place where she used to stay before she moved to the villa with Pie. The apartment held a lot of memories between her and Pie.

 

            “Hi handsome..” Aom Amm came out of nowhere and gave a backhug to Kim. “Spacing out?” The girl giggled as she noticed Kim’s startled face.

 

            “So quick?” Kim turned to face Aom Amm. Aom Amm’s sweet scent filled her lungs while the angelic face of the girl never failed to amazed her. It is just so good to be this close with her loved one.

 

            “I’m almost done when you arrived here.”

 

            “Where is Sushar?” Aom Amm asked, realizing that the little girl didn’t come along.

 

            “Zee took her to my parents house.” Kim grinned like lunatic.

 

            “I thought she will join us.” Aom Amm didn’t expect that.

 

            “Not today.” Kim pulled Aom Amm by her waist and drew her closer. “Only you and me.” Just when Aom Amm is about to speak something, Kim already kissed her on her forehead. Aom Amm froze like a statue.

 

            “I’ll take the our drink and snacks at the kitchen.” Aom Amm freed herself from Kim, making that tom disappointed with the girl’s reaction. Is she did something wrong to that girl?

 

            “Don’t forget your sweater too. I don’t want you to catch a cold.” Kim reminded her. They will spend their time with the nature tonight – stargazing.

 

            ***********************************************************************************

 

            “Are you alright, love?” Kim broke the silence.  Aom Amm remained silent beside her at the passenger’s seat since the beginning of the journey.  Anxiety written all over her face. “We can cancel this if you are..”

 

            “No! Just go on with the plan.” Aom Amm cut Kim before Kim could even complete her words. “I just can’t wait to reach the place.” She added.

 

            “I have never been to the place too but I’m sure you gonna like it.” Kim finally felt relieved as her  inner  thought telling that Aom Amm was upset with her is not true at all.  They are heading to an undisturbed place up to the hill. Zee told her  that it is the perfect spot to enjoy the night sky as she has gone to that place with Jane once. The idea of this stargazing date comes from Zee herself.

 

            “It’s the first time for me to do such stargazing activity.” Aom Amm said. “I’m afraid of dark but it’s fine as long as you are with me.” Aom Amm voiced out the thing that bothered her mind.

 

            “I see.” Kim learnt a new detail about Aom Amm. “There’s nothing to fear of. I’m here.” Kim took the girl’s hand and despite her refusal, Aom Amm let Kim kissed it.

 

            “Don’t do that again Kim.” Aom Amm said right after Kim let her hand go. Quizzically Kim searched for Aom Amm’s eyes, begging some explanation for it.

 

             “Focus on the road Kim. It is so dark outside. You might danger us.” Instead of giving some explanation for her statement, Aom Amm pretended that she didn’t see Kim.

 

            ***************************************************************************************

 

            “It is so quiet and dark here.” Aom Amm kept her distance close to Kim. Her eyes never stop wandering around, adjusting her sight with the darkness of the night. The shrill cries of the cicadas pierced through the still night breeze. The moon had not made her appearance. A few scattered stars twinkled in the sky.

 

            “Here. Take this.” Kim handed her a Coleman lantern. That tom made their date seemed so classic.

 

            “Where did you get this?” Amazed with it, Aom Amm gladly took the high pressure gasoline lamp. “Trying to impress me huh?” Aom Amm nudged the tom teasingly.

 

            “Nope. Trying to fit in the nature.” Kim spread her toothy smile and grabbed the other one gasoline lamp for her too.

 

            “Come. Let’s get find the perfect spot.” Kim offered her hand to Aom Amm. Instead of taking it, Aom Amm curled her hands around Kim’s arm, holding it tightly as if she is  not going to let it go.

 

            “I swear if you ever thought to set a prank for me, I will kill you to death.” Aom Amm warned Kim as if she suspected that Kim will with her weakness.

 

            “No. I’m not. What makes you think that way?” Kim chuckled. Darkness is the real enemy to Aom Amm.

 

            “I’m just saying..”

 

            ***********************************************************************************

 

            “Wow! This is amazing!” Aom Amm is over excited like a little toodler.

 

            “We can see the whole city from here, Kim.” Aom Amm spread her arms widely and let the night’s breeze brushed her face.

 

            “Be careful..”

 

            “What?!!” In a split of seconds Aom Amm already came to Kim’s side again and buried her face to that tom’s back.

 

            “Chill baby. I just want to say be careful. You might fall from that high cliff.” Kim can’t help herself to see Aom Amm’s reaction. In her opinion, besides fear of the dark, Aom Amm also believe that ghost could harm her.

 

            “You scared me.” Aom Amm dodged away.

 

            “Sit here.” Kim spread the blanket they brought on the damp ground for Aom Amm. “I’ll set up a firecamp to warm us.” That tom start to collect some dry branches and sticks.

 

            “Kim, don’t go too far!” Aom Amm shouted, terrified with the thought that Kim will leave her alone at the dark creepy place.

 

            “I’m not going anywhere.” Rushingly Kim returned to Aom Amm.

 

            “Kim, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter