starlings

iKon Imagines - REQUESTS CLOSED

"Are you okay?" Jinhwan frowned, taking some of the water bottles from Soohyun.

She was carrying about twenty in her hands and with her petite figure and delicate weight tolerance, she was surely struggling. With a small blush she smiled, handing a few of them to Jinhwan who was eager to help her.

"You didn't have to come in here and help me," She sighed, giving him over a dozen to carry.

Jinhwan had no problem picking them up and he paused shaking his head, "I'm a nice person Soohyun, glad you noticed."

She laughed, letting him walk before him and into the living room.

"Finally," Junhoe smiled, walking up and grabbing a bottle from her. Jinhwan gave him a  disgusted look.

"Yah, help her out first. You're being rude maknae," He ordered, tossing a bottle to each of the guys. They thanked him genuinely, not wanting to get scolded by the eldest member.

Soohyun gave Junhoe a small bow when he offered to help her pass them out. He shoved her playfully,

"You don't need to be formal with us, we're cool I promise." He smiled.

Soohyun thanked him and gave him the permission of taking the drinks from her. Instantly, she felt easy again and she let out a breath of relief.

Today was the first day she invited the boys over and she was extremely nervous. Not only because she was on a formal basis with them but because she had been caring for a lingering attraction she had towards Jinhwan.

"So Soohyun, what have you been working on?" Hanbin asked once she settled herself on the one-person sofa.

"Producing some stuff, hanging out with friends." She replied automatically, she practiced these answers last night.

Unintentionally, her gaze wandered off  towards Jinhwan who already had his eyes on her. Quickly, she looked back at Hanbin.

"Your cheeks are red," Donghyuk pointed out and Soohyun almost felt weak.

Hanbin looked from Soohyun to Jinhwan who was rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Is something going on with you two?" He asked, eyes still dancing between the both of them.

"Between who?" Junhoe piped, eyes wide and expression eager.

Soohyun bit her lip, praying that the ground would swallow her whole. She knew if the boys found out about her crush she would be taunted for the rest of her life.

"We're just friends," Jinhwan answered for her.

Soohyun looked down, those words piercing through her heart like knives.

"Are you sure, it seems like there's something else going on," Hanbin persisted, pointing at Soohyun who was completely ill at ease.

"Yah, stop you're annoying me and embarrassing her," Jinhwan scowled honestly, feeling sorry for the girl.

He wasn't dumb and he knew she had a thing for him ever since they met last summer but still, he kept their relationship friendly and more professional to keep anything else from happening. He respected Soohyun and her feelings but he knew not to lead her on or end up hurting her in any way.

Soohyun herself knew there wasn't a chance. He was much older than she was and to him, she was probably like a little sister or someone he had to babysit in fact. She didn't really expect anything but she didn't stop herself from anything either. She let herself fall for him, she let herself act extremely naive around him and for that she could only blame herself.

"Can I get a drink?" Bobby asked, trying to break the obvious tension.

Both Jinhwan and Soohyun reached for the closest bottle which was at exact distance from both of them. Soohyun reached it first and without noticing, Jinhwan placed his hand over hers to grab it. They both stopped in that position for a second and Jinhwan quickly pulled away, detecting the sudden blush that fell on her cheeks.

"Sorry," He mumbled, letting go and crossing his hands over his lap.

He felt horrible, knowing she was already embarrassed and he had made it worse.

"Are you sure nothing is going on-" Junhoe started, mimicking Soohyun's embarrassment.

"Shut up," Jinhwan quickly remarked, throwing him a dangerous glare.

"I'm just saying, you guys could be a cute couple," Junhoe shrugged, hiss sassy mode kicking in.

"Maknae," Jinhwan warned.

"But you can always date me, I mean I'm better looking and at least I'm close to your age," Junhoe laughed.

Jinhwan looked over at Soohyun warily. She had already gotten up, face red and heart broken.

"Junhoe shut up, you're being rude," Hanbin whispered, punching Junhoe in the arm.

Soohyun gave a small bow and strode out of the room. She wanted nothing but to be away from the guys and she didn't know where she was going but it was anywhere but there. She knew to keep an eye out for Junhoe from now on, especially around Jinhwan. What happened in there was horrible and she was beyond insecure.

Maybe she should have tried falling for someone her age. Why had she chosen Jinhwan out of everyone? Yes he was kind, loving, beautiful and warm but so was Hanbin, so was Yunhyeong. Why had her heart chosen a man who would never see her as anything more than a friend.

"Soohyun!" Jinhwan called from the door.

"I'm okay," She spoke suddenly, mentally telling herself to calm down.

"I'm so sorry, Junhoe is naturally an ," He frowned, feeling terrible.

Poor girl probably didn't want to like him. She probably found him attractive because he was always lingering near her, always saying hi to her on the street when the rest of his friends walked by.

"It's okay, he's a kid." Instantly she regretted saying that because no matter what, she was too.

She closed her eyes, praying Jinhwan would change the subject or walk away.

"An immature kid," Jinhwan added, noticing her uneasiness. It was a simple way of getting through to her that yes, she was a kid but she was way more mature.

Soohyun smiled, thanking him silently.

"You know I don't blame you for anything, you didn't choose for any of this," Jinhwan finally sighed, tucking his hands in his pockets.

She knew he was talking about her feelings. And he was right, she didn't choose to like him, he just found his way into her mind and stayed there 24/7.

"Thank you for everything," She bowed again, turning and making her way into the other room.

Jinhwan stood there, hands in his pockets and looking down to the nothingness  beneath him. Soohyun was very cute and she was polite just like him. A little bit of him regretting the but he shook it off. Maybe something would spark between them later on when she was older and she could handle the heat of relationships. Maybe.

"I promise I'll never blame you."