BigBang_Kris #2

iKon Imagines - REQUESTS CLOSED
Jayhe grabbed onto the boy next to her, screaming wildly, hair flying all over. Minho, the boy, was laughing his head off and trying to calm her down. Junhoe was seated next to the two, his arms crossed over his chest. Clearly he was the only one who wasn't enjoying the ride. Jayhe on the other hand was loving it. 
 
It wasn't really a date, just a small birthday get together with two of her favorite pals. Junhoe was her neighbour, extremely cocky, rude but a total sweetheart when he wanted to be. Minho was her classmate, smart, tall and handsome. It was the perfect balance. So that was how Jayhe decided she wanted to hang out with them tonight at the annual film fair. The event was supposed to be a grand celebration with rides, food, and a cheesy movie to top it off. But so far, Jayhe was attached to the rides. And bringing two of her good friends, she hoped this would be the best birthday ever.
 
The rollercoaster came to a slow and the man working at the booth instructed everyone to unbuckle their seat harnesses and enjoy the rest of their day.
 
"That was so much fun!" She laughed, jumping up and down. 
 
Minho was gazing at her lovingly, stars in his eyes. Junhoe in particular was standing behind them, still visibly annoyed.
 
"So can we leave now or what?" He asked loudly, turning the two to look back at him. 
 
"Why would we leave? Jayhe wants to go on more rides," Minho countered.
 
She looked between the both of them and sighed, a small frown appearing on her lips. 
 
"What's wrong?" Minho was quick to notice, wrapping a protective arm over her shoulder. 
 
Junhoe nearly exploded. He wanted so badly to punch Minho in the face. He hated him ever since the third grade when they were rivals in almost every sport and asignment. Just when he thought he couldn't dislike the kid anymore, he met Jayhe. She was beautiful and everything he had ever wanted ever since he laid eyes on her. Maybe everything would have been perfect if Minho didn't come along, claiming he liked her too. 
 
"I'm just really dizzy right now," Jayhe mumbled, massaging her temple. 
 
Minho nodded, walking over to a small bench and sitting her down. 
 
"Lean on my shoulder, you'll feel better." He forcefully pushed her head down on his shoulder and leaned back so she was more comfortable. 
 
Junhoe swore under his breath, questioning why he hadn't thought of doing that. The look on Jayhe's face said otherwise. She looked worried and tense having never been so intimate with a guy before. She bit her bottom lip, praying the night would end already.
 
"June, come sit down," Jayhe muttered.
 
She gave him a small, pleading look as if begging him to help her. Junhoe smiled knowingly and walked over, placing himself beside her.
 
"June?" Minho raised his eyebrow looking down at Jayhe.
 
"Yeah, that's her nickname for me," Junhoe snapped, glaring at the boy. 
 
Jayhe groaned, her head throbbing because of the two arguing. She wanted to throw up.
 
"W-well can I have one?" Minho stuttered,  jealousy building up in him.
 
Junhoe scoffed, dragging Jayhe up by the arm and facing Minho cooly.
 
"Hey put her head back on my shoulder!" Minho almost shouted. 
 
"You're the one giving her a headache!" Junhoe responded, fire in his eyes.
 
"Stop it both of you!" Jayhe screamed, pushing Junhoe off of her. 
 
She was fuming.  What was with these two? It was like everything they said had to be turned into a huge argument for no reason. She always knew they didn't like each other but she at least thought they would be mature enough to make this day special for her. 
 
"Let's go get dinner or something," Minho got up and began walking in front of them.
 
The tension during the rest of the evening was heated and it was so thick Jayhe could cut it with a knife. At the small diner, they found seats near a back window that displayed the dozens of rides that she had never even seen. A part of her wanted to ask them of she could go on them and try it out but she knew better. After all, it would only end up in another dumb argument anyways. 
 
Another small part of her regretted even bringing them with her. She could have simply invited her good friends that weren't them. It wasn't fair that they didn't even consider how she was feeling. Not once did they even apologize for making her birthday . She could have stayed home and watched movies, heck she could have slept in all day and it would be less of a pain than this.
 
"I'm ordering the pancakes and syrup," Junhoe spoke, eyes scanning the menue. 
 
"I'll get the mud cake and chocolate pudding," Minho told the thin waiter who began to jot down everything. 
 
"And you?" She asked Jayhe who was still deep in her thoughts. 
 
"She'll have the same thing I'm having," Minho spoke up, smiling at Jayhe lovingly. 
 
She gave him a look, her eyebrows scrunching together. 
 
"No, I'll have the pancakes with syrup."
 
It wasn't like she purposely chose to have the same thing as Junhoe to embarrass Minho. She just loved pancakes. And it was their rule of friendship;  whenever they went out they had to order the same thing and enjoy it no matter what. That's just how her and Junhoe's friendship worked.
 
"Coming up," The waiter turned down behind the front counter and passed the slip to another worker. 
 
"Wow, that must have hurt." Junhoe spoke under his breath.
 
Jayhe nudged his side, warning him to stop talking. But Minho heard and he wasn't too happy about it either.
 
"Shut the hell up dude." He grumbled.
 
"Who are you telling to shut up?" Junhoe's voice was getting louder and soon all eyes were on their table.
 
"Who the hell do you think?" Minho stood up, his fists clenched tightly.
 
Jayhe held her breath, watching the two silently. She didn't know whether to interfere or not.
 
"You're just mad you can't get what you want!" Junhoe stood up after him. He knocked over a glass of water on the table and it shattered on the floor.
 
Murmurs rose through the diner and Jayhe stood up, shoving Junhoe at the chest. 
 
"Both of you sit down," She whispered dangerously. 
 
But the boys weren't even paying attention to her and were too caught up staring each other to death.
 
"I can't get what I want?" Minho scoffed, pushing Junhoe back, "I think you're talking about yourself bro!" 
 
Junhoe pushed him back, the impact almost knocking Minho over. Especially since he was much bigger than Minho.
 
"What are you talking about?" Junhoe laughed sarcastically.
 
 Under all his anger his heart clenched because he knew Minho was right. He never got what he wanted and Jayhe was just another example. 
 
"Please stop!" Jayhe pleaded, tears b her eyes. 
 
She was disappointed, hurt but mostly scared.  Scared that they would fight and she could do nothing about it. Scared that Junhoe would get hurt. 
 
"You're just heated because your little first love Jayhe won't notice you!" Minho laughed back. 
 
Jayhe froze, her tears already falling down her cheeks. These words, these twelve words had stopped all commotion in the diner. Her heart skipped a beat and she glanced up at Junhoe who looked angered but frozen as well. She caught the small tint of hurt in his eyes and she gulped nervously. 
 
It explained so much, why he was always around her, why he would always invite her places alone, why he would always get so upset whenever she was talking to another guy, why he was so upset today.
 
Junhoe was breaking inside, that wall he had held up for years was slowly crumbling and the hate and detest he had for Minho replacing it. He knew Jayhe was watching him and he knew she knew but still, he wasn't going to let Minho go for that. 
 
"Don't" Jayhe whispered, understanding the look in his eyes. 
 
Ignoring her protest and with one swift pull back, he threw his arm forward until it connected with Minho's face. The crowd began to yell and Junhoe watched as Minho cried out, covering a hand over his nose. Jayhe gasped, her worst nightmare was playing out right in front of her eyes. 
 
Minho didn't waste a second, throwing his arm back and swinging at Junhoe right in the cheek. Junhoe couldn't react before another blow came straight at him, this time in the eye. The corner of his vision was going black and he felt extremely dizzy.
 
"Minho don't touch him!" Jayhe screamed, her voice shaking with fear. 
 
Junhoe brought back an arm to hit him back but another arm grabbed him. He looked back, about to curse at the intruder before noticing it was Jayhe. Her eyes were wet and her cheeks stained with tears. In that moment, his heart broke looking at her petite figure pleading almost begging for him to stop. Sure he hated Minho and would do anything to hurt him but he loved Jayhe more and would do anything to make her happy. And she was all that mattered to him right now. 
 
His arm dropped and Jayhe let out a relieved breath. She closed her eyes, more tears falling. Junhoe couldn't take it anymore. He grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers angrily. Jayhe didn't argue and she followed him out of the diner. 
 
Junhoe shoved past Minho, almost knocking him over and slamming open the front doors of the diner. It was already dark out and he lead them to a bench near the end of the park.
 
"Jayhe listen-" he started, facing her.
 
"I'm so tired," she cried, cutting him off and bringing her hands to cover her face.
 
"Jayhe..." Junhoe didn't know what to say. He was the reason she was suffering. He was the stupid reason.
 
And so the only thing he could do was let her talk.
 
"I'm so tired, I'm tired of everything you guys are doing," she breathed,  "I'm so tired of this game you're playing with me. I'm tired of everything! I'm sick and tired Junhoe!"
 
He tucked his hands into his jacket pocket and continued to listen.
 
"I hate you so much! Not once did you even think that it was my birthday and that you should have made this day fun for me!" She said,  her hands at her sides and her tears stopping. Now it was just anger. 
 
"And just when I think everything is horrile enough you decide to get in a fight with this kid! What the hell is wrong with you! You think I want to see you get hurt? Do you think I like that Junhoe?" The more she spoke the more her heart began to beat. 
 
Junhoe noticed this too, and he smiled. She wasn't only tired, she had some sort of feelings for him. 
 
"You think I wasn't dying inside when he hit you? How dare you play with my feelings like that? I hate you so much!"
 
"Jayhe," Junhoe called.
 
"What!" Her chest was rising and falling in anger. 
 
"I like you," He said plainly, every ounce of him yearning to touch her.
 
"I know!" She said finally, a huge burden being lifted off her shoulders. 
 
"No, I like you so much Jayhe. And I hate that Minho is competing with me because of it."
 
Jayhe gave him a look, bewildered that he even thought Minho was competition.  She didn't think of Minho as anything other than a classmate. 
 
"Junhoe," She began "I hate you so much." 
 
He didn't waste a second, pulling her close and wrapping his arms around her waist. Her breathed her in and sighed, this was everything he ever wanted and more. And he prayed it would stay that way. Years and years of hiding his feelings were not easy but knowing she felt the same way somehow made it all worth it. 
 
"Happy birthday beautiful."