damien_alley

iKon Imagines - REQUESTS CLOSED

Hana groaned, checking the silver watch on her wrist for the fifth time that evening. With her books clutched tightly in her hands, she strengthened her grip, anger steaming out of her ears. She was tired, exhausted and extremely stressed as a matter of fact. Her boyfriend Hanbin was supposed to pick her up after her final exam but an hour already passed and he wasn't here.

It wasn't like she was mad at him or wanted to yell at him or anything, she was just annoyed to the point where she just couldn't wait anymore and so she had texted her father asking him to come get her instead. The exam she came out of wasn't as easy as she thought it would be and she was almost fuming the minute she got out. Standing outside of an empty school with almost a dozen books in her hands wasn't  exactly her idea of fun.

"What are you doing out at this time?" One of her favorite professors had approached her, his suitcase hanging effortlessly at his side.

She smiled, "My ride hasn't come yet unfortunately."

Mr. Choi nodded alongside, placing his bag on the floor.

"What are you doing here sir?" She asked, turning to him.

"Oh you know, the usual marking and stuff," His response was practiced and precise.

She watched his lean figure tilt against the steel back doors beside her. Mr. Choi was a fit, young teacher that everyone in the school loved dearly. His kind marking scheme and sarcastic persona was a perfect balance and no one ever had a problem with him in all of his years of teaching. Student magnet was what Hana always called him. He had accepted the nickname without a complaint.

"How is math going?" He asked, watching the sun set slowly in the distance.

She sighed, faking a cheeky grin, "It's horrible but at least I'm passing."

"Are you kidding me?" He laughed.

She nodded, "I wish you were teaching me math again this year! It was so easy with you but now I just don't understand anything that's going on."

Mr. Choi smiled genuinely, "Thank you but you have to learn to understand Hana, things don't come easy unless you have the foundation."

She scrunched her eyebrows, the cool breeze picking up and the sky darkening, "What do you mean?"

"Well, I would love to explain that concept to you but my ride is here," He spoke, pointing to a silver van rolling in.

Hana glanced at the direction of his finger and sighed in relief, catching a glimpse of her father's car driving in behind it.

"My rides here too, see you tomorrow Mr. Choi!" She bowed respectfully and began walking towards the car.

It was an anxious walk, in which she thought about how to explain the situation to her father. Of course she could never lie to him as she loved him exceedingly but she had always known he had a rough heart towards Hanbin and would use this situation against him for the rest of his days.

"Dad what in the world!" She cried.

Her father had swung open his car door and walked over to the passenger seat where he reached in and grabbed Hanbin by the ear, pulling him out forcefully.

Hana had to hold back her laughter as she watched her sleepy boyfriend yawn in protest.

"This good for nothing child decided to sleep in on you!" Her father rambled, his stubby fingers pinching the boy mercilessly.

Hanbin glared at him for a second before stuttering, "I-I'm sorry, I fell into a nap and I know I promised I would come."

Hana patted his shoulder, "It's okay."

"It isn't okay! I told you he wasn't good for you! He's only good for looks," Her father yelled.

She rolled her eyes, it was always the same with these two. It was obvious that Hanbin was annoyed by her father's constant complaints about him and he would usually whine about it but for the most part he was accepting and took each shot with open arms.

"Dad, it's okay, you're here now," Hana tried to reduce the tension around them.

"Ridiculous! This kid is useless, what are you good for?" Her father's face was red and he was panting hard.

"Dad..." Hana was getting worried, he only snapped like this once in a blue moon.

Hanbin looked irritated but still he nodded, "I understand, I'm sorry."

Hana gave him a look, he didn't look okay at all. That was one of the reasons why she loved him. He was always so pain tolerant and could handle almost anything thrown at him without a word.

"Dad, let's just go!"

"I ought to hurt this idiot right now! This is my daughter you're playing around with!" Her father ignored her request and moved closer to the boy.

"I know I'm wrong but I treat her fine." Hanbin was beginning to grow upset.

"I doubt it!" Her father countered.

Hanbin's face turned red and his fists began to ball. It was always a touchy subject whenever someone brought up their relationship. He would blow up and yell for hours. He treated Hana like no one ever could and the least he deserved was some respect for it.

"Don't tell me I don't treat her right! Sir, I respect you and I've been taking your anger for this long but please don't bring my relationship in it," He tried to be calm and kind but his voice was cracking with rage.

Hana pinched his elbow, not impressed at the way she was speaking to the man. She loved Hanbin but this was her father he was speaking to, someone she loved even more.

"Hanbin stop." Her voice dripping with threat.

"Well you're in a relationship with my daughter so damn well I'm going to bring her relationship in it! You're  a lousy boyfriend and frankly I don't like you!" Her father brought up an arm and brought it forward to slap the back of Hanbin's head.

Hana stepped forward, grabbing Hanbin's arm and biting her lip to suppress a chuckle that began to form in the back of .

"Get in the car." Was the last thing her father said before turning around and sitting himself in the drivers seat.

Hanbin rubbed the back of his scalp, "Ouch," he sighed, standing closer to Hana so he could bring his arm around her thin shoulder.

"I'm sorry baby," He whispered, wrapping his arms to engulf her in his scent.

She laughed against his chest and pulled back. Tip-toeing, she planted a sloppy kiss on his cheek and patted it before responding.

"It's okay."

He pouted, "You missed," he spoke, jutting out his lips.

She shook her head and took his hand in hers.

"How did that math exam treat you?" He asked as he led her to the car.

She laughed to herself for a second, "Not as bad as my dad treated you."

Hanbin froze for a second taking in what she had just said. But still, he laughed also, his shoulders falling up and down.

He knew no matter what he couldn't be mad because the same thing would probably happen next week and then the week after that. But it was okay because as long as he was with someone as amazing as Hana, he could deal with her father any day.