juniorinfinite

iKon Imagines - REQUESTS CLOSED

Jaekyung shifted the glasses that rested on the bridge of her nose. With a small grunt, she turned to face the other way.

"What's the matter? You can't take a hit?" A boy in the class cried, throwing another wet, saliva drenched piece of tissue at her back.

She flinched as it hit her but still made no reaction and only ignored the class bursting into heaps of laughter.

It was the usual taunting and bullying of the kids in her year but she made no effort to show any interest in it. In fact, Jaekyung never understood why people found interest in annoying her and bugging her constantly. She hadn't really done anything. Being so, she never reacted to anything a few of the kids did but eventually, it got to a level that even the teachers were beginning to snicker at the jokes.

"Don't cry Jaekyung, this is the easiest we've been on you!" A girl laughed and a few chuckles began to stifle around her.

"Yah, one of you guys go up to her and wipe her tears," Another laughed.

Jaekyung held her breath as the sound of footsteps came from behind her.

"Sit down," One of the boys, Donghyuk spoke.

She glanced back at him, his eyes meeting hers before he quickly looked back.

"Why are you defending her?" The girl spoke again, a hint of jealousy in her voice.

Donghyuk was the prince charming of the school and everyone almost immediately took notice of him whenever he was around. He was the sporty, shy type that spoke through his love for athletics and exercise.

Jaekyung felt her cheeks heat up and she blushed slightly. If anything, Donghyuk was the type to be too high up on the pyramid to notice the people below him and in this case, Jaekyung was one of them.

It wasn't until he responded that her dreams shattered,

"I don't care about her, I'm just telling you to sit down. It's not worth it."

His words cut through her like a knife and a strong feeling of melancholy overtook her insides. The one time someone had ever defended her with something as small as 'sit down' made her feel like she was on top of the world. A part of her thought Donghyuk actually cared that she was being taunted, as if he had some sort of sympathy for her or felt bad. But clearly, he had no good morals or human decency in him to be able to feel bad for anyone. Although she should have known better thinking Donghyuk would pity her. After all, he didn't care.

Jaekyung felt the blood rush through her veins and a headache coming on as she bit down on her finger to distract herself from the voices around her. Still, it wasn't until she felt the taste of salt in that she realized she was hurting. As much as she could ignore the mocking and say she didn't care, she was sad. And in no way did she ever want anyone to experience what she had. High school was supposed to be a place where your days were bright and your experiences bold but Jaekyung was spending her last and final year in grief and agony. It wasn't fair.

"I seriously question why you think you're important in any way. Seriously, we could do so much better without you here!" A boy laughed.

She furrowed her brow, asking herself over and over again what she had done to hurt these people. At one point they were her friends and they would laughwith her at the dumbest things.

"I can fix you up, but not with makeup," Another one snickered.

She stood up, grabbing her notebook and pen in hand.

"Where you going doll? Had enough?"

Sniffling, she re-positioned her glasses and adjusted her blazer. She couldn't take this anymore and with no one stepping up to help her, she was sick of it.

With a jostle from another paper thrown at her back, she stepped out of the classroom, the taunts still clear and audible.

Outside wasn't as hot as she had expected it to be and so she pulled off her blazer and was left alone in a checkered flannel and her uniformed skirt. She sighed, pulling out her ear buds and popping them in her ears hoping to ignore the saddened thoughts running around in her head.

As the music played, her footsteps began to match the beat and more tears stained her cheeks. The song playing was named 'Savior' and she couldn't help but remember Donghyuk's words. She was worth everything she had to offer and it was only because of the way people treated her that he failed to notice.

She never did talk to Donghyuk but from what she heard, he was kind hearted and caring. Her shoulders shook lightly as she continued to cry, wondering what the hell was wrong with her.

Just then, her phone began to vibrate in her hands and she wiped her tears and picked up quickly,

"Hello?"

"Jaekyung, where are you? The bell rang a few minutes ago and you're not at your locker," Her friend spoke.

"Oh about that...I left early. I think I have a cold," She lied, praying her friend wouldn't catch it.

The voice on the other end of the line became static for a second before her friend spoke again,

"At least text me if you end up leaving early! That way I don't have to stand here like an idiot waiting for nothing!" The voice on the other line groaned.

Before Jaekyung could respond, she felt a strong grip on her elbow and she gasped, looking back.

"Hello? Are you still there?" The voice spoke.

Jaekyung held her breath as she was pulled back and landed on the ground with a soft thud. She blinked furiously and looked up.

"Jaekyung, talk to me!"  The phone screeched.

But Jaekyung watched as a man hovered over her, smiling widely. He was somewhere in his mid-thirties and wore a formal suit. She gulped, looking behind her shoulder and realizing no one was there.

"Jaekyung!" Her friend called but Jaekyung had forgot about her phone and only focused on the heavy beating of her heart.

The man looked down at her, he was standing extremely close.

"What's a pretty lady like you doing out here alone?" His voice was loud and firm and Jaekyung prayed someone would hear him.

"Who are you?" Her voice shook and her legs began to tremble as she tried to stand up again.

The man eyed her silently, his glance now at her scrapped knee and bare legs.

"Come on, I'll fix you up." Was the last thing Jaekyung heard before she lost it.

Thrashing and pounding at the man chest, she cried furiously as the man latched onto her elbow once more and began to drag her down towards him.

"Hello? Where are you Jaekyung? What's going on?" The voice began to sound frantic through the phone and Jaekyung began to cry.

"Help me! Send help!" She cried through the receiver.

The man cocked his head and with a swift move pulled the phone from her hands. The device fell onto the floor along with Jaekyung as she was looking up at the man once again.

"Please," She cried, legs extending to kick the man several times.

"I'm sorry," He spoke slowly, crouching down in front of her.

Jaekyung let out a peep, "P-Please," Her words began to slur and she was growing weak.

The last thing she remembered was his arm pulling out behind him and connecting with her face. With a few stars behind her eyes, she blinked a couple of times before her vision went blurry and her mind went black.

-----------------

Blinking

Bright

'Is she okay?'

Beeping

'Did she just move?'

Blinking

Blinking

Jaekyung pursed her lips forcefully as the soft voices murmuring around her filled in her ears. She felt like there was a large, ascending coat of darkness on top of her and she had to blink powerfully to open her eyes. She closed them quickly but opened them again, adjusting to the blinding rays of artificial light. She had to crane her neck to the right then the left to come to a conclusion that she was in a hospital.

"Jaekyung!" She heard a voice then arms wrap around her in a tight embrace. She cringed at the pain shooting down her spine but only ignored it, smiling at the figure.

"Oh my-I'm so happy you're awake!" Her friend smiled, tears trickling down her cheeks.

"Your parents will be here soon  Miss Han," A nurse walked in, clipboard in hand and smile in place.

Jaekyung tightened her lips, "Where...Why?" She managed to speak.

She was startled at the voice that came out of as it was rough and hoarse.

"Hospital," The nurse piped, checking off something on a paper and walking out towards another room.

Her friend looked from the door, to Jaekyung and back to the door before sliding towards it and locking it with a click.

"Where am I?" Jaekyung tried again, this time the fear leaving her voice.

"Well, you're in the hospital Jae," The latter frowned, a bittersweet expression on her face.

Jaekyung tried to remember to moments before she was here, before the darkness took over her but she couldn't trace back. The last thing she remembered was her in the classroom, laughter and mocking around her. Anything else she tried to think of her head would begin to ache as if warning her not to continue.

"Remember?" Her friend begun, speaking slowly, "You left early and I called you. That's when some random man  came out of nowhere and began to grab you."

Jaekyung furrowed her brow, nothing ringing a bell.

"You started screaming and I was still on the line so I started to freak out. The line disconnected but I traced the call through my phone and we found out where you were."

Jaekyung's breathing rate increased and a dangerous thought ran through her mind,

"Did he do anything to me?" She asked quickly, her voice dripping with hatred.

Her friend shook her head, "No! Oh gosh no!"

"Thank goodness," Jaekyung mumbled.

"I didn't know how to get to you because you were all the way across the city and I didn't have a car. Donghyuk being the sweetheart he is offered to drive me when he saw me all scared. If I had my own car things would be way easier. Anyways, when we got there Donghyuk started to fight the guy. He started to punch him senseless and we all had to pull him off. It was weird, he was so emotional. He was literally crying and everything like he wanted to kill this guy."

Jaekyung creased her forehead. Donghyuk? The guy from her math class who would join in all the jokes and insults that were dashed towards her? This had to be a lie. Still, she allowed her to continue.

"He was mad and upset, cursing at the guy like you were his wife or something!"

Jaekyung blushed.

"But anyways, the man hurt you pretty bad. We got there before anything serious happened but when we approached you, you were crying. And all of a sudden, you fainted and fell into Donghyuk. He carried you by foot to the hospital and the police met us there. They insisted on driving him but he refused, saying he'd rather carry you by foot. He kept saying 'This is my fault leave it to me' so eventually we let him. And now, here you are!"

Jaekyung let out a breath, all of this information foreign to her. She didn't remember anything, not the suspicious man, Donghyuk carrying her or arriving at the hospital. Subtly, she placed her fingers on her temple and tensed when she ran over a fleshy wound.

"Yeah, you still need to heal," Her friend smiled, her hand.

Just then, the door swung open and the two girls looked up. Standing with a cup of coffee in one hand and a tissue in the other, Donghyuk was frowning.

"She's awake!" Her friend smiled upon noticing the boys entrance.

Donghyuk froze for a second but his eyes found Jaekyung's and immediately he walked towards her.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? Does anything hurt?" He rambled, sitting on the other side of Jaekyung.

She blushed, his face was extremely close to hers as he examined her bruises. She could even feel his hot breath on her cheek.

"I'm fine," She smiled.

No matter what kind of a person Donghyuk was, Jaekyung knew she had no choice but to forgive him. The emotional attachment he felt for her was obvious and there was no doubt in her mind he was her true savior. Maybe his actions in class had another reasoning behind them but that was another explanation for another time. Right now, she was focused on the fact that he cared for her life and saved her.

 He stopped a man from hurting her and she was beyond thankful. It didn't matter that his words were cold now that Jaekyung was starting to realize that he didfeel bad for her and he did pity her. And if that was how he truly felt in his heart, it didn't matter what cold persona he showed to the world. At least not right now.

"I'm so sorry Jaekyung, I never meant to hurt you I swear-"

"It's not a problem, I'm not upset or anything."

Donghyuk shook his head, his eyes glistening like crystals, "No, I'm an idiot. I fell into the dumb ways of everyone else at school. But please believe when I say I really truly care for you Jaekyung. I'm so sorry, I should have been there for you. I should have..." His head fell and he looked disappointed.

Jaekyung sighed, her hand brought up to his hair. It was a brave move but she felt that in this moment, it was right.

"You did nothing, and as long as you accept that you were a jerk then I have no problem. And thank you," She spoke.

Donghyuk smiled, a genuine smile. He took his hand in hers and looked her in the eyes.

"You're so strong. I'm sorry," He sighed.

Her bed felt a little more comfortable, her scars and marks a little less painful. A strong desire for sleep fell over her and she felt the dark cloud engulf her again.

She closed her eyes, letting Donghyuk's apologies numb her throbbing mind and lull her to sleep. This was enough and she was more than satisfied with it.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[A/N] Oh mannn, this was horrible omg. I'm sorry, I was rushed but I'm sorry, please tell me if you need a re-do! 

I loveyou, ♥♥

Requests open on Monday so don't forget to request everyone!