indebted

iKon Imagines - REQUESTS CLOSED

2015 was the best year for Cindy. Everything had happened in her favour and in all honesty she couldn't be more grateful. She moved into an amazing home, her father had recently responded to a job offer that would potentially get her mother out of the hospital for good this time, and it was her beloved boyfriends twenty first birthday. 

 
It was only reasonable for her to get him the best gift she could possibly get him. All she had to do was think of what screamed Bobby; and quite frankly there were a lot of things. He was cute and cuddly so for that she could get him a teddy bear or squishy plum toy. He was loud and bold in his actions so for that she could get him a ticket to a famous dance class held on weekends. He was sweet and cheesy so for that she could get him a box of pizza to get a good laugh. Nothing seemed to do him justice and she was stuck thinking of different ways to please him. That was how she ended up on the corner step of both her and Bobby's good friend Donghyuk. 
 
With a few knocks, she in a deep breath and eyed her knuckles which were a deep red in the cold. The snow under her feet were seeping through her boots and beginning to make her socks wet and soggy and she began to bounce from one foot to the other in pain until finally she heard the knob turn.
 
"Ah, why are you so early?" Donghyuk smiled, opening his arms to embrace his friend. Without responding she stepped into his arms and immediately broke into a sigh. Just the warmth of his body made her envious and she wanted to quickly go inside to stay warm.
 
With a roll of her eyes, she jokingly pushed past him and made her way to the dining room where she placed her shopping bags and wallet on the table. She threw her trench coat over his leather chair and plucked herself in the seat. 
 
"Please tell me you have tea," She pouted, glancing over at the younger one in a sweatshirt and jeans. 
 
"Your lucky day, I was just going to pour ahjumma's down the drain before you knocked," He laughed, walking over to the kitchen and switching on the stove. A small pool of blue flames began to hug the kettle from underneath.
 
Donghyuk placed himself beside her as quickly as she could blink. She noticed him eyeing the several bags of shopping on the table.
 
"Anything for me?" He smiled innocently, folding his hands together like a toddler who wanted candy. 
 
She laughed, "No, unless you want women's underwear or pink shorts."
 
"Cindy!" He whined, "You never get me anything when you come!" It was true, over the times she came over it was for his help and never the other way around. It would seem like she owed him something.
 
"Fine," She sighed, "If you can help me I'll see what I can do okay?" 
 
He shrugged, his lower lip trembling for dramatic effect. Him and Cindy had been friends since before dinosaurs existed and he had recently met Bobby through her. Still, it seemed that males clicked faster and before she knew it him and Bobby had become true and sincere brothers. They had laughed together, cried together and motivated one another in the short time of their friendship but still they had always managed to think of one another before themselves. Selfless; one of the things she loved about them both.
 
"Deal, so what's up with the birthday boy?" He leaned forward, smiling brightly. The whole idea of relationships amused him.
 
"I really don't know," Cindy crossed her legs on the seat, "I want to get something that he would love and would remind him of me but there is just so much I can do and I don't want to chose the wrong thing you know?" 
 
He nodded slowly, "Makes sense," 
 
She glanced at the notification on her phone;
 
[1 New Text Message] 3:56 PM
 
She furrowed her brow.
 
"I think I can help, let me just check if my idea is still online," Donghyuk chuckled, pulling his phone from his pocket. 
 
Cindy got up and headed towards the kitchen, her phone in hand. It was only when she reached the stove that she opened the message pop up. 
 
[Unknown Number] 3:55 PM
 
Won't be home until late tonight, out with some friends for an early birthday get together! I'll leave a dinner for you at my place. I won't stop thinking of you. 
 
She groaned and tucked her phone in her left palm. 
 
"Noona, where did you go?" Donghyuk called from the other room. 
 
She flicked off the tea and placed the kettle on the side. Pouring the liquid into the sink, she proceeded towards the dining room. Her sudden thirst left her as soon as it came.
 
"Sorry, I was getting the tea but what were you saying?" She sat back down, now leaning forward to match his eye level.
 
"Okay.." He scoffed, "So basically there was this thing I saw online a few days ago and I think it would be great for you to do tonight." 
 
She sat up, "Tonight?" 
 
The boy nodded, "Yeah hear me out. So its a romantic dinner served at home! You book an appointment online at least three hours before the service and give them the theme, event and all that stuff. The guys come in a little bit before and set everything up! There's violin music and everything!" 
 
Cindy bit her lip. Bobby had once went to the movies with her and told her he liked simple things that didn't involve sweat or outfit changes. This involved both. A part of her was reluctant to going through with the plan but another part of her was attracted to the idea. Maybe changing things up was healthy for the relationship. And if anything he was conveniently coming home at the exact time she wanted so the plan had a change of working. 
 
"Hook me up," She decided, dragging a chair near him and allowing herself to see the screen.
 
"Already did, your little rendezvous in the kitchen took enough time for me to apply and leave a tip," Donghyuk laughed, locking his phone. 
 
She smiled, glancing at him, "You're the best you know-"
 
A sharp vibration cut her off again;
 
[2 Missed Calls] 4:10 PM
 
"Why does everyone keep calling me today?" She mumbled, unlocking her phone. 
 
"So what movie are we watching? I don't have popcorn but will salted chips do?" Donghyuk got up, stretching his back. 
 
She squinted her eyes, ignoring him and reading the recent notification;
 
Cakes & Cakes [2 Missed Calls]
 
"Omo!" Cindy shot up, throwing her jacket over her petite torso in a rush. 
 
"Spider? Seriously, I can kill it if you-" Donghyuk was cut off by the harsh ruffling of bags. 
 
"The cake! I have to pick up Bobby's cake!" She cried, running to the door. 
 
She threw on her shoes in a hurry, making sure not to miss any laces. She was extremely clumsy. With thousands of bags, she was drowning in plastic as she struggled to part her hair down the middle and button up her coat. 
 
"Your welcome noona," Her friend spoke from behind her, turning the door knob and holding it open for her. 
 
She let out a breath before placing her phone gently in her coat pocket and fishing in her bright wallet. She mumbled a curse before tucking a strand of hair behind her ear and pulling out a slightly crumpled bill. 
 
"Thanks little brother, always love you!" She rushed, throwing the bill at him and blowing a kiss before finally making her way out the door. 
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
"That'll be a few cents as your change," The woman at the cashier handed her a few solid coins, "And have a happy birthday Bobby!" 
 
Cindy couldn't help but laugh as she gave the old woman a bow and began loading the cake in her four seater. 
 
"Ah, now I have a few hours to call the decoration people and tell them to cancel," She spoke to herself as she turned the key and the engine began to hum a low rumble.
 
As she began backing out of the store, her phone ring tone went off and she clicked her tongue in frustration. Turning onto the left lane, she managed to answer the phone and put it on speaker. 
 
"Hello?" She spoke loudly, both hands on the wheel and her eyes on the road. 
 
"Noona, it's Donghyuk, are you home?" 
 
"No, I'm on my way though. Is something wrong?" Her breathing constricted. 
 
"The guys called and they sent a verification code to Bobby's phone, you have to get home before him and delete the message," He spoke quickly. 
 
She let out a breath of relief. Bobby had texted her from an unknown number a few hours ago and knowing his forgetful self, he left his phone at home. 
 
"Don't worry, he doesn't have his phone and I have a copy of his key so I'll make sure there's nothing there." She turned into a narrow street and slowed down at an approaching red light. 
 
"Alright, good luck!" Donghyuk's voice lost fear and he began to speak quickly, a sign that he was excited. 
 
"Thanks, I'm hanging up! Stay safe," Cindy stopped the car and hung up the phone. She glanced at the cake in the passenger seat and her heart began to skip a few beats. 
 
Bobby had always been so good to her and never on special occasions either. It was always a part of him to hold her close, kiss her forehead and bring her flowers. There was not a cheap cake or romantic dinner that could make up for everything he had done for her or how much he was worth. 
 
Her thoughts carried her along the road until she rolled into Bobby's driveway with a heavy heart. By the time she was inside the house, the romantic dinner didn't seem as pleasant to her as it did before. 
 
"Where's his phone?" She groaned, digging through his sweaters and crumpled paper.
 
She kicked at one of his loose shoes and heard a sharp glass fall on the ground. Her neck hairs rose and she jumped back, screaming in shock. In the process she had knocked over a small counter and Bobby's phone fell at her side. She let out a shaky breath, and laughed off the fear as she got back up and shook off the incident. 
 
Even though no one was there, her cheeks turned red in embarrassment and she looked behind her as if the ghosts of her boyfriends sweaty socks were mocking her. 
 
"Stupid mess," She reminded herself to clean things up before leaving. 
 
Picking up Bobby's phone, she placed it on the couch and walked over to the area where the glass had fallen. As she walked towards it, she noticed there were purple and pink colours decorated on the shards. Her forehead creased as she continued to walk towards the pattern until she saw a big chunk - probably the biggest - lying near the television. 
 
Crouching down, she managed to make out some of the words; 
 
Blanc Dior, Mon Cheri
Lavender Scented Mist
 
Her heart began to race as she ran her fingers ran over the rough edges and brought it up to her nose. A beautiful scent struck her and she dropped the piece which led to a small crackling sound at her feet. 
 
Why was there perfume in his home? Perfume which she had never left behind? She shook away her doubts. Bobby wouldn't do anything. It was Bobby. He would never do anything stupid. 
 
She got up quickly, not wanting to be near the evidence. She had other things to worry about. She had to go delete the message on Bobby's phone before he came home and get ready to celebrate his birthday. Thoughts and doubts could ruin the whole day.
 
As she stood up, she felt something pang on the sole of her right foot and she jumped back. With pain stinging her senses she touched under her foot and brought her finger back up just in time to see blood. 
 
"Damn it," She cursed, tears stinging her eyes as she knelt down and tried to pull the small shard of glass out.
 
Giving up, she realized she was close enough to reach Bobby's phone and she wiped the blood on her shirt, unlocking his device and going to the messages section to find the verification pin. It only made sense that she do this first. Dealing with an injury could be timely and messy. 
 
She blinked away the hot liquid and sniffled a few times before clicking the first message thread she saw. Immediately she recognized it was not the dinner service company. 
 
A few words caught her eye and she held his phone tightly while glancing over some of the conversation;
 
[Seol-Hyun] 2:22 AM
 
You promised to come over today! At least keep my wish..
 
[Me] 2:35 AM
 
Mianhae. I'm with my girlfriend tonight. How about tomorrow? I'm free then okay?
 
[Seol-Hyun] 2:45 PM
 
You always do this, but never come. It's okay, I'll just come to you when you're not busy.
 
[Me] 3:01 PM
 
Don't do that, we can make this work if we try. I will come over tomorrow I promise. Maybe I can hang out later tonight?
 
[Seol-Hyun] 3:15P PM
 
Fine! But don't lie. And I'll see what I can do. Love you.
 
[Me] 3:30 PM 
 
Great, see you tonight hopefully! Stay safe!
 
She dropped the phone wishing then and there a tornado would come and her into a parallel universe where these things didn't exist. Some tears can't be held back. And those were the ones of immense pain, agony and hurt. She looked at the ground, her heart banging in her chest telling her to get up and go, go far away and never return but her legs wouldn't listen. 
 
She stared into nothing, salty tears running down her cheeks and staining her face which once bloomed with smiles and hope. He was texting another girl and hiding it from her. He was meeting up with someone else who smelled of flowers and lavender and made him want to continue seeing her. He was telling someone else he loved them and embracing someone else in his long, strong arms. 
 
She felt sick and a strong sound began to scratch at the back of . Her head felt dizzy and a pang of nostalgia hit her all at once. When she parted her lips, something between a cry and scream came from her and she clutched her stomach.
 
This was what she thought happened only in movies. These were the feelings she would roll her eyes at and scoff upon knowing it would never happen to her. But it was real, they made her feel real and hurt. They made her feel as though she was replaceable and worth noting but the scuff at the end of a worn shoe.
 
Bobby who was only minutes ago worth the world and more to her had loved someone else, felt for someone else, appreciated someone else in his life and this was a big middle finger in her face moment.
 
She wiped the tears from her eyes, looking down at her foot which had visibly gotten worse. With blurred vision, she tugged at the glassy, ruby like item while crying softly into her arm. 
 
It was one thing to love someone but another to figure out that they didn't feel the same way about you. You who thought you were their everything. 
 
"Stupid glass," She cried, her stomach turning with pain, eyes red with tears and head heavy with distant memories of all the times he told her he loved her and that there would be no one else. 
 
"I just want to leave," She sobbed, dropping her hands to the ground in defeat and leaning her head onto her knees. 
 
She had given up. 
 
"Cindy?" She heard a voice call and her heart tugged even more as she continued to cry. 
 
Seeing people was not what she needed right now but she couldn't stop. She felt as though she would pass out any second.
 
"What the hell happened in here? What happened to you? Are you okay?" She felt a strong grip at her shoulder and slowly she looked up, wanting to hold the intruder. Wanting anything to hold her and tell her it was okay. 
 
As she moved her hair, she noticed a familiar face. Familiar lips, eyes, scent. 
 
"How could you?" She managed to screech, sliding away from Bobby as quickly as possible. The sharp pain in her leg was no match to what she was feeling inside. 
 
Breakups were hard. But finally seeing the face of the person who once compared you to the stars was like taking a bullet in the chest at high speed - over and over again. 
 
Bobby was dressed in a wind breaker and sweats, a dark cap laid over his messy hair. 
 
"Who did this to you? What happened? His voice shook with fear as he sat on the floor near her and took her in his arms. 
 
She tried to push away, she tried to fight off his false affections but she was weak and battered and fell apart into his lap.
 
"You knew how much I loved you and you did this to me willingly. I treated you like...like..." She could barely make out words. 
 
"What are you talking about Cindy? Look at me?" He tried cupping his hands over her cheeks but she looked away. 
 
"Was I never worth anything to you?" Her voice cracked. 
 
The answer was no. And as this dawned upon her, she shifted her weight off of him and looked him in the eye. The tears were slowing but her mind was racing. Questions fought one another, trying to make their way out. 
 
"Baby-" Bobby was confused, his eyebrows creased and he looked as though he himself was going to cry. 
 
"You love someone else like you loved me and I will never, ever forgive you for that." Cindy looked him in the eye. This was what she thought she would never say. But somehow, somewhere between their kisses and intertwined hands things happened and people changed. 
 
"Who are you talking about?" Bobby's voice cracked and he looked around the room in search of an answer until his eyes laid sight on his phone, screen unlocked and messages open. 
 
He ran a hand through his hair and let out a tired sigh, "Seol Hyun?" 
 
She blinked, her red face in awe. How could he say her name so casually?
 
"Please don't tell me you didn't read those messages and get upset," Bobby spoke slowly, eyes closed and hands tightened together. 
 
She let out an angry breath. Was he playing dumb? Were there other girls involved in the same situation?
 
"Please answer me," He begged, looking into her eyes. 
 
It was then she saw beauty. She also saw grief and confusion and pain so similar to hers she could almost confuse them and so she turned her head. There was only so much she could take. 
 
"Who is she?" Her voice dry and scared for his answer. She knew he was at a dead end and he couldn't turn back. They couldn't turn back. 
 
"Cindy," Bobby started, leaning towards her, "That's my older sister who just flew in from Japan."
 
She let out a breath and watched him for any sudden movements that would detect his lie. It couldn't be his sister. He wouldn't have to sneak out of his house to meet her. 
 
"What?" She spoke slowly. 
 
"She's a model and is having a promotional offer here in Korea so she wanted to meet up. I kept rescheduling because I was busy with school and work...and you." Bobby looked into her eyes, begging her to understand him. 
 
She felt a burden rise from her chest only slightly. She still didn't understand the secrecy, "So why did you have to meet her in private? Without telling me?" 
 
"Because I kept telling her all about you and how wonderful you are and she planned on meeting you as a surprise some time next week. That's why I kept telling her to come over when you weren't here so that you wouldn't meet her before she met you." He explained. 
 
Cindy tilted her head in confusion. Her mind began to settle and her stomach became a little less nauseous.This was all fake, false, not real. He still loved her like he did days, months and years ago. 
 
It wasn't real. She let that sink in for a second before covering and widening her eyes.
 
"Oh my God," She cried, tears running down her cheeks in relief. 
 
Bobby let out a pained laugh and moved over so he was sitting beside her on the ground. 
 
"Oh my God..." She sobbed softly, letting him wrap his arms around her and hold her there. She could tell by the strength of his grip he was tired and defeated and it was all her fault. 
 
"Don't cry baby," He luled as he rocked her at a comfortable pace.
 
She had caused all this for nothing and had hurt not only herself but this beautiful hearted man as well. He only loved her and that was all it was ever going to be. In fact she was wrong for thinking he would hurt her in the first place.
 
"I am so, so sorry," She mumbled against his chest. Clinging onto his jacket. 
 
"I only love you. I have only ever loved you.There will be never be another woman in my life okay? It makes me sick just thinking of being with someone that isn't you so please don't cry," His voice was weak and he kissed the top of her head. 
 
"I'm so sorry," She repeated. 
 
That was when the pain in her foot reminded her that she was injured and she got up with a gasp. 
 
"I need to get this glass out of my leg first," She managed to pause her tears. 
 
Bobby glanced at her foot and grimaced. Hurriedly, he lifted himself off of the floor and just as Cindy was about to mimic his actions, she felt a pair of sturdy arms wrap around her back and behind her knees cradling her like a baby. 
 
She blushed, "I can manage a limp."
 
He kissed her forehead, then her tear stained cheek, then her lips.
 
"I know." 
 
 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
[A/N] Sorry for any typos, I did this on my new laptop which I am stil getting used to! Also sorry for the terribly long waits, school isn't as easy as I had hoped for.. Much love<3
 
Comment what you guys think! I love hearing from you all, it really motivates me to do well on these requests..xoxo