SayleyWoo

iKon Imagines - REQUESTS CLOSED

There was a small knock on the door and Sarang didn't have to move to know who it was. Her daily routine was the usual as she would wake up early on the weekend, go out for a jog around the block, come back in at around noon and her friend Junhoe would be in her home, sitting on her couch ready to greet her. Today was no different except he was a little later than usual. In fact he was so late that Sarang had time to shower, pull her hair up into a bun, throw on comfortable clothes, and sit herself down on the couch with a snack and remote in hand.

"Guess who's here?" Someone called from the doorway, a loud, and mechanical like voice.

Sarang threw another chip in , completely ignoring the question and flipping through a couple more channels that popped up on her screen.

"It's just me Junhoe," The boy pouted, slightly heartbroken she didn't even acknowledge him.

Sarang titled her head to the right a little, smiling innocently at him.

He was dressed in a pair of basketball shorts and a simple grey tee. It was to no surprise he had a basketball tucked under his forearm and his hair was tousled lousily over his head.

"Planning something?" She asked, crossing her feet to give him some space on the couch.

He waved at her, a signal to indicate he wasn’t going to sit down. Awkwardly, she shifted her legs again so they were back to the way they were before.

"I was going to ask if you wanted to shoot some hoops." He replied sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

It was always hard for Junhoe to ask of anything really. Since his character was so rebellious and "bad-" some would say, he was always offered instead of the one offering. Being so, he was always tense and weird when it came down to him asking someone to do something.

"I just took a shower man!" Sarang whined, placing her chips on the coffee table.

"Come on! It won't be for long."

She groaned, standing up and tugging on the hem of her sweater. Junhoe followed her to the backyard where an old rusted net hung above a silver thin strip of metal that rose a few feet above their heads.

“The court got uglier I see,” Junhoe snickered, dribbling the ball a few times before making a clean shot.

Sarang scoffed, jogging up to the ball and bouncing it between the floor and her hands a few times before remarking, “So did your last girlfriend.”

Junhoe’s jaw dropped as he watched her dumfounded. She jumped a little and angled the ball in the net with a small ‘swish’.

“And you’re just mad you can’t get a girlfriend,” He laughed, stretching his back a little. 

Sarang stopped and the ball bounced lightly on the floor beneath her.

“What?” She breathed, trying to understand what Junhoe was saying.

“Oh don’t act all sad. You’re basically a guy Sarang.” His feet moved swiftly as he took another shot but missed by an inch. Cursing, he went back to try again.

“I’m not a guy, I’m a girl,” She crossed her arms over her chest, fuming over his comment.

Sure she was an athletic individual who loved sports and video games. Sure she was the type to wear sweats to a party instead of jeans and heels. Sure she was the only girl on the boy’s basketball team because of her improving skills. But she wasn’t anything near a guy; tom-boy maybe, but definitely not a guy. It was an insult actually, degrading her gender because of her hobbies and preferences. So what if she favored soccer instead so skating, basketball instead of ballet, dodge ball instead of dressing up. It wasn’t like she was doing anything wrong. 

“Talk to JiSoo, she’s your type,” Junhoe joked, running past her.

Sarang blocked his movement and snatched the ball away, dipping the ball in the net another time.

“You would know, you’ve dated every girl in the school,” She mumbled.

Junhoe was bent over, tying his shoelace when he heard this and shrugged half-heartedly.

“Girls love me, what can I do?” He smirked.

“Here’s a suggestion, stop breaking their hearts.” She bent down also, tucking in a lace that was sticking out of her sneaker.

She knew Junhoe would never stop. That was the main reason he was known as the bad boy in school. What confused her was why every girl ran after him even though he broke their hearts eventually. Unfortunately, she was one of those girls as much as she wanted to ignore it. She tried mercilessly to get over her medalling crush but it was no use. This ‘tom-boy’ thing was the only thing she had as a barrier between her, him and her feelings.
“You’re just upset you weren’t one of them.” Junhoe was serious now, the ball at his shoulder. 

Sarang felt her insides melt as he stared at her with such intensity. She rolled her eyes, shrugging off the feeling and striding towards him. She raised her arm to smack the ball away but he caught it and moved back.

“Not funny” She called, a tad bit of envy paining her. 

Of course she wanted to be one those girls she walked by every day that he had his arms around, lips connected to and soul, mind and attention towards. Who wouldn’t?

Again, she titled her body forward, extending an arm towards his shoulder but his left arm came up quickly and snatched her wrist.

“Get off,” She grumbled, her mood turning sour. She had no interest in this conversation and it was making her seemingly upset.

“Sarang, you don’t have to be jealous,” Junhoe continued to mock her, his endearing height mimicking her petite figure.

She sighed, obviously upset about the way he was treating her. She wasn’t a dog, she was a human and she had emotions as well. Clearly he didn’t seem to care for them.

Ignoring his taunting, she turned around and began to walk towards her back door, her face hot with anger and confusion.

“Where are you going?” Junhoe was firm, his playfulness erasing from his tone.

She ignored him.

“Sarang!”

She ignored him.

“Come back, wait up!"

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sarang fixed the ends of her hair one last time, glancing in the full length mirror. She was dressed in a black, long dress that hugged her body comfortably. There were stunning black heels on her feet and her accessories were decorated all over her body.

This look was new to her and she didn’t see any bit of herself when she looked in the mirror. It was strange and foreign. This beautiful girl who was staring back at her with the most dashing eye smile and amazing body was not Sarang.  It couldn’t be.

“I’m here,” Someone called from the room beside hers and she gulped nervously, regretting her plan.

She had been thinking of it all night. Ever since Junhoe left the house that afternoon, she spent hours thinking of how to avoid him and ignore him completely. Then her thoughts shifted to figuring out a way to instruct him a lesson. A lesson that would teach him to stop fooling around with the delicate hearts of females and start treating them right. It was difficult figuring out how but eventually, an idea came to mind. The only thing she could do was change things up, reverse the roles and see how things played out.

That was how she ended up in her room, on a Friday evening, in front of a mirror, dressed like never before and inviting Junhoe over for the second time.

“I said I’m here-whoa,” Junhoe breathed, stepping in the room Sarang was sitting in.

She looked him in the eye, deciding confidence was the only way out of this situation. He was dressed in a pair of black sweat pants and a thin t-shirt that anyone was able to see through. Sarang had to keep her eyes on his face to distract her sight from drifting...other ways.

“You...is that...you?” Junhoe couldn’t keep his jaw off of the floor as he stood frozen in the doorway.

“I have a name, but you wouldn’t know,” She mumbled, shrugging and turning back to her makeup table.

“W-What! Tell me,” Junhoe was head over heels, begging for her attention.

He had never seen anything as beautiful as her before. Even when he claimed to date models, cheerleaders, sports chicks and hot queenkas, none could compare to this.

“You wouldn’t know my name because you’re probably interested in other girl’s right?” She grinned, her eyed falling into soft moon crescents.

Junhoe could feel his hot blood flow under his skin and he was dizzy, dazed.

“You see, I’m not here to play around. I have a date.” She shrugged.

“What?” Junhoe breathed, his chest raising and falling urgently.

“Why does it matter? I’m a guy anyways, you don’t like me anyways,” Sarang had to breathe deeply to control her emotions, her anger.

“Sarang what are you saying?”

“You only like me when I’m like this right?” She pointed to herself, “You only like me when I’m revealing, y, girly.”

Junhoe blinked nervously, his heart beating. But for some reason, he wasn’t looking at her body anymore; he wasn’t looking at her clothes or her slim legs. He was looking straight into her eyes and a feeling rushed over him and took over his insides. A feeling he had never felt before and a sensation that could literally knock him over.

“You don’t like me for me Junhoe!” She yelled, snapping his attention back to her.

Junhoe couldn’t believe his ears, and of course he wanted to let her speak but he couldn’t. He couldn’t let her walk around thinking she wasn’t gorgeous. It wasn’t fair.

“I like you for so much more,” He sighed, watching Sarang carefully.

She furrowed her brow, lips tugging in a thin line. After a moment of silence, Junhoe took this as a sign to continue.

“What I was saying out there was a joke Sarang. You’re beautiful, amazing, and talented and I think I’m the idiot here,” He looked down, avoiding her eyes, “because I didn’t realize it earlier.”

Sarang was almost lifted out of her seat as a smile naturally played on her lips.

“You’re ridiculous,” She mumbled, her cheeks staining red.

“Ridiculously crazy if I don’t ask you to be mine,” He finished with a soft smirk.

She watched him, half of her telling herself it was a joke and the other half telling her to take the opportunity before it left her. Junhoe was asking her to be his girlfriend and this had been the chance she was waiting for. But it couldn’t be true. A part of her broke, realizing he was only saying these things because of how she looked now. The Junhoe she knew would never like the normal, boy Sarang.

“Junhoe I can’t, you know who you are.” She pointed out, remembering his bad boy image. He would only break her heart and leave her behind as he picked up another gullible girl on the street.

“And I want you to help me fix that, with you,” His tone was begging, dripping with plead.

She wanted to say yes, but she just didn’t know.

“I want to change and with you I know I can Sarang!”

She just didn’t know.

“I want you to make me better because I swear to you; I am worth so much more than they say.”

She didn’t know.

“Please Sarang.”

She just didn’t know.