eunKyu

iKon Imagines - REQUESTS CLOSED

"So are we stopping for ice cream or drinks?" Hanbin asked, his hand tightened around Violets. 

"Hmm, I think ice cream would go well with this weather." She responded.

"Ice cream it is! Let's go." 

Hanbin and Violet had been good friends since they were kids and their parents had forced them to grow close as they grew older. It was one of those friendships where you told people your moms were just friends or you had known each other since you were in diapers. They seemed to have a mutual understanding between each other and never pressed deeper into the issue or questioned their closeness. It was always a given.

"Can we not go to the shop near your brother’s house?" Violet sulked as they turned a corner. 

Her blue spring dress felt like thin cloth over her pale skin as the wind blew stronger with every step. She tightened her cardigan.

"Why? That's the nearest shop to us. Another ice cream parlour isn't for miles," Her friend reached for his phone and was now searching for the nearest store. 

"Sorry that area just gives me the creeps." 

Ever since recent events, Violet hated the neighbourhood that was across the street from Ms. Choi's ice cream shop. Something about the woods and eerie stories left her neck hairs standing and her jaw slack. 

"Found one! Just at the corner of the convenience store," Hanbin broke her chain of thought.

"At the end of the street? I never knew there was-" 

The sound of a heavy vibration in Hanbin's hand cut her off. 

"Oh, Junhoe is calling. One second," 

Violet's mood instantly changed and a sour frown fell over her face. That name brought back furious memories and several unpleasant events. 

"Yeah, we'll be there in a few.  Me and Violet are getting something to eat."

The mere fact that Hanbin could be friends with someone as mean and deceiving was shocking. 

"What? Why?" Hanbin's expression changed over the phone and Violet looked up at him.

A minute later he was shoving the phone towards her.

"What?" She mouthed furiously at the latter.

Hanbin simply shrugged and pressed the phone to her ear. With a groan, Violet took the phone and threw her friend an icy glare.

"Hello? Violet?" 

"Yeah?" She rolled her eyes. Why was she talking to him? The mere sound of his voice was disturbing and she felt a gag in the back of . 

"Did Hanbin tell you?" 

Her eyebrows furrowed, "About what?"

"About the game we're playing at my place. You sure he didn't mention it?"

The line went quiet for a while and she looked over at Hanbin, "No he didn't tell me about a game. What game?"

Hanbin flushed red and shrugged sheepishly.

"Ask him about it, I'm too tired to explain everything. Where are you guys? Everyone's waiting." 

"We're getting ice cream, we'll be there soon." She tried to keep the conversation as short as possible.

"Anyways tell Hanbin hyung that I want chocolate."

"What if I say no?" She smiled. Any chance she got to be rude to him she took without hesitation. 

"What? You afraid I'll eat it faster than you, chicken?" 

She could hear the taunt in his voice.

"No way, it's on. We'll see who cries when I win."

"Alright give me my phone," A hand reached out and snatched the metal from her ear. 

She flinched visibly but realized it was just an upset Hanbin. 

"He's an idiot." She tried to justify before he lectured her.

"No, you both are idiots. I mean what's with you two anyways? Why are you always fighting?" He questioned.

The small bell of the ice cream shop dangled and the two walked in. It was cold and comforting at the same time. The smell of several flavours left Violet in awe as she stepped closer to the glass counter. Beautiful was an understatement as her eyes glanced over the endless variety of flavours. 

"Whoa.." She gasped, her misty breath leaving a cloud of fog on the surface.

"So what can I get for you lovely kids today?" The man behind the counter smiled. His teeth were stained with joy and his aura seemed pleasant. 

Hanbin ran his thumb over his chin, "Uh, I'll have the triple chocolate fudge delight."

The man nodded, grabbing a cone from behind him. He began to scoop the creamy mixture onto the cone effortlessly. 

"And your friend?" He asked, eyes on his work.

"She'll have the usual; butterscotch vanilla with a pistachio topping." Hanbin answered for her, sounding like a proud father. 

"Hmm, that's my wife's favourite," The man smiled gently, grabbing a cone and filling it to the top. 

The two received their orders and Violet handed him some cash, pushing him to keep the change. 

"You two have fun!" He smiled before they made their way towards the door.

Violet couldn't wait to consume the good in front of her and began to bask in its glorious taste. 

"So tell me about this game," She managed to speak through the thick layers of ice cream. 

"It's truth or dare," He muttered. 

"Classic."

Hanbin seemed too interested in his food to respond so Violet did for him.

"So why is this game so special anyways?" She asked as they stopped at the cross light. 

"It isn't, Junhoe just wanted you to come for whatever reason," Hanbin said and Violet had to hold his hand to help him cross the street. When it came to food, the kid was in a whole different world.

It was then she remembered the ice cream. She stopped in the middle of the road and Hanbin slammed into her back.

"What the hell!" He exclaimed. 

She turned around and began to walk back the opposite way of the street. Cars honked at her mercilessly as she and Hanbin were holding up traffic. 

"We forgot Junhoe's ice cream! We have to go get it!" She spoke quickly as she dragged him back to the store.

"Why," He whined, "Let's just tell him we forgot it."

She shook her head. There was no way she was losing this bet. Ever since she could remember she and Junhoe were in some sort of a competition. Who could read the fastest, who could spell the longer words, which could run across the street before the light turned red. It was somehow embedded in their nature and everything seemed like a race of some kind. And every time Junhoe would win the medal. 

"C'mon, we have to go back. This is life or death." She begged.

"I swear I'll never understand you two," Hanbin groaned as he walked back into the parlour and waved at the cashier with an embarrassing smile. 

"Trust me, I won't either." 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It was already intense and the game had barely begun. Junhoe was out of breath as he had just ran around the street half , Yunhyeong wasn’t wearing a shirt and there was peanut butter wiped over her chest, Bobby has a pair of dirty socks in his mouth and Hanbin had permanent dye in his hands.

“I’m not doing this,” He refused, eyeing the dye with a serious look.

“You don’t have a choice! Everyone did their dares!” Yunhyeong frowned, tugging at the younger one.

Hanbin shook his head, a look of disgust plastered over his face.

“I had to run around , you’re doing this hyung,” Junhoe cracked an embarrassing smile.

With a moment’s hesitation, Hanbin got up and took a deep breath. He glared at the group before applying a large glob of liquid dye onto his palm. It barely looked green and was sitting in a malicious posture on his hand.

“It’s so cold, guys c’mon have some sympathy!” Hanbin almost cried as the room was dead silent and all eyes were on him.

Even Violet couldn’t stop herself from letting out a laugh as she watched her friend in this situation. He reached up and did a quick silent prayer before tossing the contents of the bottle on his head.

“Gross, it’s cold! It’s cold!” Hanbin almost shrieked as the group began to die of laughter.

The boy began to mix the liquid into his luscious locks and everyone bit their nails as he looked as though he would burst into tears at any moment.

“Who’s next?” Bobby spoke through chuckles.

“Violet didn’t go yet did she?” Yunhyeong turned to the girl dramatically as he waited for her response.

She almost killed him in that moment.

“No I haven’t, thanks Yunhyeong,” She glared at the boy who only gave her a cute pout.

What could she say? He was irresistibly adorable. It was hard to stay mad at someone like Yunhyeong who looked out for her like no one else did. He was the one person in the group that she felt like she was truly related to and could spill any secret to with confidence and trust.

“Truth or dare sis,” He smiled, poking her side.

She pulled away reluctantly, “Truth.”

She could hear the annoyance in the room as it filled with “shut up” and “you’re just scared”.

“Seriously Violet, nothing is fun about playing safe,” Hanbin groaned, pointing to his head.

She watched as his hair, once brown, turned a dark green in the light. There was no way she was going to do anything as reckless as that. These boys would go to any means just to claim the title “winner” and that was something she was willing to throw away for the sake of her pride.

“I really don’t care about what you guys find fun. Just ask me a truth question and let’s get this on with,” She laughed, propping her knees up on the chair.

Yunhyeong groaned and threw his head back, the peanut butter dripping down his stomach. Bobby was looking at his nails in sheer boredom. The fun seemed to ooze out of everyone. Violet bit her lip. She didn’t really want to be the party killer.

“Guys…just ask me a juicy question and it won’t be that bad,” She spoke under her breath.

“Wow,” This was the first time Junhoe had spoken during the last few minutes. He had his hands crossed over his chest, “You’re boring.”

She looked over at him, her jaw nearly on the floor, “Excuse me?”

“You heard me, you’re boring, bland, a party pooper,” He grinned, looking straight at her.

“Watch who you’re talking to!” She spat, her blood rushing and heart beating quickly.

She was growing angry and these low blows needed to stop. She was furious about the way he was talking to her. How could someone be so inconsiderate of her feelings? Wasn’t it obvious that she was already feeling bad about her choice?

“You can’t do it because you’re afraid we’ll give you a terrible dare,” Junhoe laughed, his voice thick with evil.

She nodded slowly, her gaze lowering. This was how things were? She was going to prove him wrong and this time she was going to win.

“Bobby, give me a dare,” She snapped at him.

“There’s my Violet!” Bobby spoke, slapping Junhoe a high five.

“Don’t make her dye her hair, it’s gruesome,” Hanbin frowned, scratching his scalp.

The room grew silent as the three boys began thinking of a dare for her. She bit the inside of her cheek in regret. Maybe challenging Junhoe was a bad idea.

“I got it!” Yunhyeong threw a hand in the air excitedly.

Violet gave him a sceptical look and almost pleaded with him through her eyes to go easy on her. He was the type to love irrational decisions.

“Since you and Junhoe can’t get along, I figured we need to help you guys get…closer,” He broke into a grin and glanced at Bobby who seemed to catch on.

“Hmm, true hyung. They do seem quite distant. Maybe we could help them get to know each other better, don’t you think Hanbin?” He smiled evilly and passed the torch to the green haired boy.

Hanbin shook his head in amusement, “Whatever you two are planning, keep me out of it!” 

The two boys smiled to each other and began giggling uncontrollably. Junhoe looked at Violet from the corner of his eye and began to grow nervous. How was she calm in a situation like this? She sat there perfectly pretty and had her hands crossed over her leg. He admired her sense of confidence and strength even at an anxious time like this.  That was probably what he loved best about her. The fact that in a crazy situation she could stay calm and collected. Or maybe it was the fact that she would never stand down to a challenge. It could even be how effortlessly she looked at this very moment in all this absurdity. 

He had been in love with her ever since they met three winters ago. He wasn't even sure it was love. He just knew it was that feeling he got whenever he heard her voice and how weak he felt when her skin brushed against his. He was obsessed with everything she was and kept poking and pestering her so she could interact with him too. In all honesty he was scared. If they didn't have this competitive relationship what did they have? 

"Kiss her Junhoe," Yunhyeong's words hit him like a bullet at high speed and Junhoe felt a lump grow in the back of his throat and his heart dropped to his stomach. 

"W-what?" He managed to choke, his cheeks burning with embarrassment and something like a flustered feeling grew inside of him.

He glanced at the girl beside him and she seemed to be flushed too but he could tell she was trying to keep an untroubled demeanor. 

"Kiss her, a small peck on the lips and that's her dare," Bobby agreed. 

He shook his head quickly, trying to keep his cool, "You can't do that guys, I-" 

He was cut off by the feeling of softness on his lips and his fingers twitched. Violet was kissing him.

Violet was kissing him. 

She reached out and cupped his cheeks with such delicacy he could barely feel it. Junhoe froze for a moment before actually realizing what was going on. And then it hit him that this was probably the first and last time this would ever happen. Violet would never see him as anything but a competitor and he would never tell her how he felt. But in that moment, the kiss was the only thing that mattered. 

He sat up and pulled her closer crushing the space between them. He felt a heavy heartbeat but closed his eyes and went with the flow. Her lips tasted sweet and he felt like his feet would collapse underneath him at any moment. Still, he held onto her for support and breathed in her scent. He felt her inhale and he felt as though she the air out of his lungs. 

He was beginning to sweat and he had to pull back before he hurt her...hurt himself. Reluctantly he stopped and leaned backwards. It was probably the worst feeling in his life but it was his only choice. Junhoe was a mess. His hair was messy. his lips ajar and his hands still holding where her beautiful angelic face once was. For a split second he thought she would look the same; she would be flustered and bothered. 

But when she pulled back she managed to look him in the eye with such nerve and boldness. "I win," She spoke, her lips curving into a side smirk and cheeks tinted pink.

"No," He chuckled, still mesmerized by the feeling of her lips on his, "I think I win."

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

[A/N] Almost three hundred subscribers? Woah.. You guys are beyond amazing! I love you all and more chapters coming soon! Like i said, drop a comment of another group you want to see imagines about! 

Stay lovely*