blissfulness

iKon Imagines - REQUESTS CLOSED

Hanbin got up for the third time that week, stuffing the pencil and papers on his desk in his bag. He let out a soft grumble, trying his best to be quiet and not disturb the class. It wasn't working.

The teacher gave him a look and the rest of the class stopped what they were doing to face him. 

"Hanbin what in the world are you doing?" Mr. Choi sighed.

Hanbin let out a sheepish smile, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. He flushed red and glanced at a few students beside him before letting out a small cough.

"Uh? Sorry sir but I need the music room again," he mumbled, cheeks a hot red.

Jinmi rolled her eyes, looking back down at her booklet and trying to keep her focus on the important things. Hanbin did this every day almost, getting up in the middle of the class and rushing to the music hall down in the basement. No one really knew what he did down there other than the fact that he would always come back with papers and papers in his hands. 

"Again? Don't be too long Hanbin." Mr. Choi dismissed him nonchalantly, waving him off and turning back to his computer. 

Jinmi never understood why Mr. Choi kept letting him go, especially since he would never come back until the last five minutes of class.

"Where do you think he goes?" The girl sitting beside her piped. 

She had her face in her palms, staring dreamily at the door as if her knight in shining armor had just walked out. It was no surprise, every girl in the school loved Hanbin even the teachers. He was mysterious, cool and collected. He didn't need anyone by his side and was quite independent if anything. Everyone knew him but he didn't really know everyone. He was the attractive kid that you'd see in the halls and your heart would kind of flutter a bit but nothing more. At least it was like that for Jinmi. 

"I have no idea," she answered honestly. 

Where and what he did was none of her business and she was better off ignoring the whole thing anyways. 

"I hope he's writing prom proposals in there for one of us," the girl let out a love struck breath.

Jinmi gave her a side glance, "What?"

She laughed, as if mocking Jinmi in some way.

"Oh come on, you've thought of it before no need to lie." 

Jinmi scoffed, somewhat offended. What if she hadn't thought of it? Was it that every girl in the school had to love him? Was it that every girl had to think of him as a prom date, boyfriend, husband? It was pathetic. 

"No, I haven't and I doubt I ever will." She titled her chin a little, looking a slight bit more confident and self worthy. 

The classroom door opened again and Hanbin rushed in for a second, running to his desk and grabbing a pen that lay on top of it. With a bow to the class, he ran back out, the door slamming a little too loudly behind him.  

"I hope that's red ink because I prefer my prom proposal in red," The girl laughed, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. 

It wasn't that Jinmi hated Hanbin. In fact she thought he was extremely good looking and his personality was quite interesting.  She just felt there was no use in talking to him or learning about him if he didn't even know her name. She knew Hanbin for two years, being in his class for third and fourth year but she knew Hanbin for two years. He had never really spoken to her and she was sure he didn't even notice she was there. Other than the occasional glances at one another, there was no relationship between them.

It felt weird being able to claim you've known someone for so long but it wasn't mutual. 

"Maybe he likes one of us," the girl spoke again, this time looking right at Jinmi.

She looked pale and her eyes went wide like she just saw a ghost. Again, Jinmi never could understand how boys could make someone so vulnerable and weak.

"What are you talking about?" 

The girl slapped Jinmi's arm lightly, trying to get her full attention. Rubbing her arm, Jinmi let out a pout.

"Maybe he goes to the music room to write something about one of us!" The girl smiled. 

"Why would he do that?" Jinmi blinked, confused by that accusation.

"I don't know, some of us are pretty." Was her response. 

Once more, another shallow, low self-esteemed being who needed the opposite to know her worth.

"I'm going to the bathroom," Jinmi got up,  tucking her chair in lightly.

She couldn't stand being near such individuals who only made her think different. Of course being in love and falling in love were two completely different things. Being in love meant having feelings for someone who loved them back or not. Knowing that you were worth loving that person and that you were proud to say that your heart went out to them and you were okay with it. Falling in love referred to literally falling into a situation in which you felt your love was one sided and you had to do everything you could to get that persons attention. You had fallen and couldn't get up. 

And Jinmi hated falling in love. 

She turned towards the hall and walked down until she reached the female door. She tried to push it open but it wouldn't budge. She pulled a face, pushing against it once more before a thin paper on the door caught her attention. 

'Sorry for the inconvenience but this bathroom is closed due to cleaning. Please use the one in the basement until further notice. Thank you again.'

She groaned loudly, now she had to walk all the way downstairs to pee and this was probably the most unlucky thing that happened to her all day. 

She began to walk, the hallway intensely quiet and the classes inside weren't making a sound. She reached the staircase and began to walk downstairs,  her footsteps echoing all the way.

The bathroom was down the hall and she had to pass by the art room, music room and detention facility. It wasn't her favorite route but she had no choice. She stepped slowly, listening to the soft hum of flutes, horns and more instruments that meshed together to create a soft harmony. It was breathtaking and Jinmi had to hold herself from walking in the classroom and playing along.

The bathroom was near and just as the turned down the dim lighted hall, she slammed face first into someone's chest and nearly lost her balance. 

"I'm sorry!" Someone called, grabbing her elbow and helping her stay steady.

Jinmi rubbed her nose which was now sore, she rubbed her eyes wondering who's chest was as built enough to have broken her face. 

A shy Hanbin stood in front of her, hand still gripping her elbow and a sincere look on his face. Her nose didn't hurt anymore as she stumbled to realize this was the first thing he ever said to her...ever.

"It's okay Hanbin, don't worry."

She bit her tongue, regretting saying his name. What if he didn't know hers? What if she sounded creepy or stalker like? 

"Thanks, I'm going to the class to get my hat." He said awkwardly,  not knowing what else to say.

Jinmi didn't blame him, there was absolutely nothing to talk about and she gave him a small nod before walking past him. She gulped, remembering his face watching her in shock and his heavy breathing as if he never expected to see her.

What was he hiding from her? He looked like she was intruding his private property and quite frankly, it left Jinmi suspicious. 

The bathroom was in front of her now and she paused before opening the door. Just beside it there was a room, door cracked open and lights on. Jinmi looked back behind her, the hall was empty on both sides and Hanbin was already out of sight. She looked back at the room and a light bulb flickered in her head. This was her chance to really find out what Hanbin did in there. But of course she felt extremely guilty, ruining someone's privacy and individualism was something she would have never done and she would have gotten extremely upset if someone did it to her. 

But then again, what was the worst that could be in there? It wasn't like he was an international spy or a member of a secret organization so how much harm could it really be? 

With a audible breath, she jogged to the classroom ad paused when she grabbed the door knob.  Did she really want to do this? If she had seen what she wanted to see before Hanbin got back, he would never know. So with that in mind, she pulled back the door.

It was a plain room, almost identical to the one she had just left. It looked like any other class in the school except this one had dozens of papers sprawled across the floor. There were scribbles and doodles on each and she held her breath, not wanting to make it obvious she was in here. 

Picking up a paper next to one of the desks, a tinge of guilt swept across her and she paused for a moment before a single word on the paper caught her eye: love. 

She furrowed her brow, looking closely at the work and the signed signature at the bottom scribbled B.I. She scanned her eyes across the words and began to silently read,

' Like a flower grows tirelessly, graceful & kind,

I spend my nights thinking: When will you be mine?

I imagine your face from time to time,

Thousands of images of you & i

Pink laces, thin old braces, perfectly sculpted,

Why was it my life you interrupted?

I can't get you out of my head,

Maybe it was the things you never said,

Maybe it was that we could never talk,

Spend our time together in a class looking at a clock,

A clock that kept ticking and we waited for the end of the day,

Maybe I shouldn't have waited for the things I had to say,

So to you my love, I say it now,

You're a part of my life, my show, take a bow,

With the time i wasted playing around,

A new love, new beauty was what I could have found,

Whether you feel the same way or not I'm essentially conflicted,

Why whenever I see you does my breathing feel constricted? 

Love, my dear, my darling, my heart,

Are these words enough? Am I playing the right part?

Time and time again I question are you really the one for me?

I don't know why I doubt it when you're the only one I see

Like a flower grows tirelessly, graceful & kind, 

I find myself thinking of you all the time.'

She froze, her eyes watching the blank end of the paper as if more words were going to pop up. It was different, beautiful and she had never expected Hanbin to have wrote something like this. The way he described this person was as though he was speaking nothing but the truth and his feelings were drawn out on this paper. Whoever he was describing must have been very lucky because with the way he felt, he was head over heels.

"Jinmi!" Someone slammed open the door.

Hanbin was breathing heavy, sweat beads on his forehead and chest raising and falling. 

Jinmi couldn't see him as the same kid who bumped into her moments ago. He was changed now and what he wrote made him even more attractive than he already was. It was art, he was art.

"You wrote this?" She breathed, holding up the paper.

Hanbin's face dropped and he looked from the paper to her face. He went pale and his jaw slack. His eyes went wide and he rushed to her quickly, snatching it from her hands.

"I think you should leave," he managed to speak, crumpling up the paper.

She gave him a look, bewildered that he wasn't even acknowledging his talent and hard work.

"You're an amazing writer," she smiled warmly, something weird growing in the pit of her stomach.

Those words were so true, so strong she felt like it could be about anyone yet no one at the same time.

"T-thank you," he stuttered, cheeks turning bright red.

"Seriously, you're so good. It was beautiful." 

Hanbin let out a small laugh, his face brightening up, "You didn't think it was creepy?" 

Jinmi frowned,  confused as to why he would ask such a thing. 

"No, not at all! In fact the girl you wrote this about should be flattered!" She said,  brushing away her thin bangs.

Hanbin's expression changed and his lips fell dry. He looked heartbroken and Jinmi felt scared for a second.

"Are you okay?" She asked, concern written all over her face.

"I'm going to go," Hanbin sighed, turning back and leaving her alone in the small classroom.

She was confused and hurt. Why did he leave on her like that? Especially since he was beginning to open up to her. She could never understand this Hanbin kid and no matter what she did, she realized he would never be able to be broken.

It was quiet in the class and Jinmi sighed, sitting herself down on one of the desks. The words of his lyrics made her feel nervous and weird inside. Whoever it was about would be pleased. But she didn't know why she was the one feeling bubbly inside. It wasn't about her.

She picked up the crumpled paper from the floor and examined the words one more time,

Maybe it was the things you never said,

Maybe it was that we could never talk,

She thought of the time her and Hanbin were in class together and they would always look towards one another but wouldn't speak. She grinned, reading the next line,

Spend our time together in a class looking at a clock,

A clock that kept ticking and we waited for the end of the day,

Instantly, she thought of herself watching the old clock on the wall, waiting for first period to be over. She would glance at Hanbin who was doing the same thing. 

As Jinmi continued to read, something weird began to happen and every time she read a line, an image would pop up in her head of the same thing that happened in real life. 

She tightened her lips, reading the same line again,

'Pink laces, thin old braces, perfectly sculpted,

Why was it my life you interrupted?

With mixed emotions, she looked down holding her breath and immediately she felt light headed and uneasy. Her laces were pink and staring back at her with the same, pale expression. 

Jinmi felt her body heat up and her heart pounded rapidly because these words weren't just about anyone, they were about her.

She closed her eyes, convincing herself she was jumping to conclusions but the images of Hanbin's shocked face when he saw her, his joyful expression when she said the words were beautiful, his facial change when she told him another girl would love it. No matter what she told herself she couldn't fight the reality that Hanbin had fallen in love with her.

She thought of all those times she bumped into him, heart beating fast and at an irregular pace, all those times he glanced at her in class and someone beside her would ask why she was blushing, the feeling she got when she read those words, that sensation in the pit of her stomach that felt like she could just about do anything. No matter what she thought about or what scene replayed in her mind, she couldn't fight the reality that maybe she had fallen for Hanbin too. 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

This took so long to do but i loved it soo much ♥