First Date

For Convenience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

There was an undeniable comfort mixed with obvious tension in the air as the back of their hands touched every step they took, walking towards wherever they felt like it.

 

Somehow just being together made them walk each step with newfound determination for the unplanned future they have together because they knew working this marriage out would be even more difficult than simply going through a forty minute ceremony in front of a Justice of Peace and signing an official document to legally bind them together as spouses.

 

Just the reactions of their parents were enough to make them question the value of whatever reason to marry.

 

They may have had no qualms when Jungmin Ham accepted them wholeheartedly, and his decisiveness forced them to push through, and even with the silent support of Sooyeon Park. But when they stood in front of their parents as a weeping Eunjung and a comforting Jiyeon, they couldn’t even fathom if they should feel as if they had betrayed these two parents’ trust in their ‘love’ when basically everything is just…

 

Experimental

 

Spontaneous

 

Reckless

 

Whatever went on their heads to decide such had finally disappeared. It had long gone with the wind because now, even with forced determination to work this out, both of them are unsure.

 

Unsure to a point that Eunjung questioned herself if giving up her mother for this so-called freedom is worth it when now she and her best friend, supposedly married legally, are acting similar to strangers as they walked and neither of them even talked.

 

It was just weeks ago when they were both sulking for not having a partner in life, but now that they do… It didn’t feel like it either because in reality, they just married legally, not physically, not emotionally and definitely not wholeheartedly.

 

And that is enough for them to raise doubts.

 

And doubting whatever decision they made is scary.

 

Because now that they fear, that obviously weakens their resolve, then they might stop believing this would all work out in the end.

 

Not believing in each other was enough to destroy everything they have started together.

 

But this is enough reason why they should work on it harder, because whatever they started, they needed to finish a success.

 

They may make mistakes along the way but that’s how marriage is supposed to be…

 

Right?

 

“You okay?” Eunjung asks all of a sudden, making Jiyeon turn to her in wonder.

 

She looks at Eunjung as if she had grown two heads, because really she can still ask such a thing when she looked like she got punched in the face?

 

“Are you okay?” Jiyeon asks in concern, touching Eunjung’s cheek.

 

“I’m fine, I’ll get over it,” she murmurs with a small smile. “Thank you…you really scared my mom back there.”

 

“Just had to do what I had to do, Jungie,” Jiyeon wistfully says. “You wanna talk about it?”

 

She had sounded unsure for some reason, Eunjung could tell, because this is a topic she actually didn’t want to talk about for now.

 

Her mother had just shunned her for hell, what is there to talk about anyway?

 

“Let’s not talk about it anymore. We’re married now,” Eunjung says as if it weren’t obvious enough. “That’s all that matters.”

 

But did it really matter?

 

Jiyeon looked on sadly, knowing how Eunjung just didn’t want to talk. It was too soon. And she understands how it would be difficult for her best friend to somehow cut ties with her mother. It wasn’t something that normally happened. Heck, deep inside her best frie—wife is still in pain.

 

It somehow made her feel this was her fault, but she knew it wasn’t.

 

It wasn’t, obviously because even Eunjung knew it was just inevitable.

 

“So what are we supposed to do now?”

 

Eunjung and Jiyeon both looked at each other in thought. That’s a good question.

 

What exactly are they supposed to do afterwards?

 

Now that they did finally think about it…what now, seriously?

 

“Damn, okay, I never thought about that,” Eunjung mumbles earning amused chuckles. “Err…shouldn’t we be falling in love by now?”

 

“Jungie, just because we got married and kissed doesn’t mean I’m already falling in love with you,” Jiyeon points out blandly with a roll of her eyes.

 

The other had to do a double take. Jiyeon’s right anyway. But a girl can always hope. Who knows one of them fell in love because of a kiss?

 

But then again, that didn’t happen anyway.

 

“Wow, this is really complicated,” she gasps.

 

“What do you usually do to someone you’re interested in?” Jiyeon asks impatiently.

 

“I have with them—Ow!”

 

Jiyeon glares at her partner with passion, clearly annoyed at Eunjung’s answer.

 

“What? You asked and I’m being honest. You’re asking the wrong person here,” Eunjung grumbles, caressing her sore head.

 

“Be serious, Eunjung!”

 

“Alright,” Eunjung grumbles once more. “If you forgot, we haven’t really gone on a date yet.”

 

“Good point,” Jiyeon agrees thoughtfully.

 

“Where do you want to go for our first date? We don’t have much options,” Eunjung says with a slight frown before a smile played her lips again, making Jiyeon laugh at her awkward wife.

 

“I seriously need to get used to the idea that you’re my wife now,” Jiyeon admits with a chuckle.

 

“I know me too,” Eunjung scratches her head, looking elsewhere, not knowing what to say suddenly. “This happened fast, when we’re both on our friend zone.”

 

“How does this work? We’re both awkward.”

 

“We’re just not used to it yet, maybe more physical contact?” Eunjung suggests as she eagerly with a grin.

 

Jiyeon eyes her with a warning because Eunjung definitely looked like an old man creeping on her.

 

“You’re saying that because you’ve always been a ,” Jiyeon muttered.

 

That didn’t stop Eunjung from trying and taking Jiyeon’s available hand in hers in an instant.

 

“Let’s start with hand-holding and then go on each phase once we start getting comfortable or something,” she suggests.

 

“This is weird. We never held hands that much before…” Jiyeon muttered, glancing at Eunjung who was currently squeezing her hand much to her discomfort. “We were never this touchy.”

 

Eunjung just laughs as she led them to her car.

 

“We never held hands unless needed. We usually held hands when we had to convince my flings that I’ve found ‘someone else’.”

 

“And I guess now I’ll have to do that more often if we see them,” Jiyeon mutters in annoyance, her strides slowing down as Eunjung lead them even closer to the car. “Why in the world do you have to have so many women before? Now it’s my job to get rid of them in the future!”

 

“Told you, you should have thought about everything before marrying me, I even gave you the rings when you change your mind,” Eunjung teases with a nudge to cover up how her hands felt…weird.

 

She could feel the sweat just gathering up in there. It was so hot…in a bad way. She didn’t need Jiyeon to know that though, especially when Jiyeon probably felt the same because she could bet that her wife was wiggling her fingers ever so subtly because of the same darned thing such as sweat.

 

Eunjung tries to ignore the discomfort, looking up to the skies turning to a different shade of blue. It was about to be time for it to be tainted in pink and orange. She needed to do something about this, whatever this is going on for them.

 

“It’s almost sun set. I don’t do this on the first date, but let’s go!”

 

Eunjung opens the door for her best friend once more, only this time, Jiyeon ignored the uncomfortable feelings as she quietly gets in. It couldn’t be helped. They just got married for Pete’s sake!

 

“Where are we headed?” Jiyeon asked in the midst of the silence in the car.

 

“We’ll go to the shop first to check on how the team is doing with the cakes we have to deliver and then I’ll take you somewhere special,” Eunjung cheekily, making Jiyeon laugh.

 

“Get me something delicious when you go in,” Jiyeon says with a smile.

 

“Exactly the other reason why we’re heading there too,” Eunjung grins. “At least get you some dessert for that place I’m taking you so we could at least have something to snack on. Maybe we’ll get coffee along the way too.”

 

“Where exactly are we going?”

 

“Just somewhere,” Eunjung grins ever so cheekily, keeping her eyes on the road.

 

The shop was close by from the City Hall. It was located conveniently in the shopping district among several known restaurants, pubs and diners, near a known university, a large hospital, the market and the biggest shopping mall in the city. That was how they were even noticed, because Jiyeon had gotten the shop the best location for patrons to come by and it had a huge parking lot.

 

Eunjung drove them to the shop as quietly as she could, somehow relieved that for the time being, she didn’t have to hold Jiyeon’s hand. And she could have heard Jiyeon sigh in relief when she got in the car, as if holding her hand was worse than opening the door for her earlier. Though, she kind of dreaded the place she’s decided to take Jiyeon.

 

It was the very place no one knew about, not even her best friend, because it held such depressing memories. But then again, it’s a place where she needed Jiyeon to see, to understand, to feel.

 

“Don’t tell me you do this to your ex-girlfriends,” Jiyeon huffs an annoyed breath at her silence.

 

“I’m bringing my wife there so we can see the sunset together, so no I don’t do this to ex-girlfriends.”

 

“Were you always this sappy?” Jiyeon giggles as a blush creeps on her cheeks. That statement was uncalled for, though it wasn’t really a bad thing but it definitely made her a bit awkward. She could just feel shivers creeping up her arms and it seems like Eunjung felt the same as she simply refuses to meet Jiyeon’s eyes even on a stop light.

 

“No, not really, I just like to make my girls special,” Eunjung winks teasingly, alleviating the weird atmosphere she brought them into.

 

“Why do we have to get some sweets though?” Jiyeon laughs despite her curiosity.

 

“I don't know why but every time I brought those past

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter