Piece-Of-Cake

For Convenience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What's with the face?”

 

Jiyeon turns in fright to see her best friend dragging herself to the opposite couch before dropping on it.

 

“Mom called.”

 

“Oh,” that was enough explanation. If anyone else knew better, it was Eunjung. “Bloodline thing, huh?”

 

“It just doesn't get old,” Jiyeon says sarcastically as she plops down on the couch with her eyes closed.

 

Eunjung watches her best friend carefully, with a sympathetic gaze before turning to the ceiling with a blank stare. She knew Jiyeon's troubles. Heck, she knew Jiyeon was bothered by that bloodline thing too. Even though she acts like she doesn't care about it, Eunjung could figure she wanted the same thing. Well, she wasn't a hypocrite to such a situation. Her mother had been going bonkers as well...

 

~It's a beautiful night; we're looking for something dumb to do. Ooh baby, I think I wanna marry you~

 

And speaking about her mother...she was calling her too. With a groan, Eunjung ignores Jiyeon's chuckles as she reached out for the phone on the center table. She accepted the call right away and even gave Jiyeon the chance to listen to it as she placed her phone back on the table since it was on loud speaker.

 

“Yes? Hello mom?”

 

“Hi, sweetie, how are you? Did you have fun at Hyomin's bridal shower?”

 

“Yeah, mom it was so fun,” Eunjung giggles at the thought. Well, who couldn't, she watched her best friends going crazy pole dancing with the female stripper because they were too drunk. Even the prim and proper Qri couldn't resist the pole. And the night ended with a bang too! But her mom didn't need to know that.

 

“So did you girls have male strippers?”

 

Eunjung rolls her eyes with a sigh. “Mom...”

 

“What?”

 

Eunjung throws a glare at her best friend who was trying to drown out her laugher on the couch and even smother herself with her palm.

 

“Sweetie, you gotta have strippers in a bridal shower…male strippers.”

 

If Jiyeon's mom was too conventional, then Eunjung's mother was the opposite. But that is with an exception. If she was too modern for her own good, Mrs. Ham still abhorred homouality. Because she's a firm Christian, she believes in heteroual relationship; something that gave Eunjung the most trouble in confessing and coming out. Unlike Jiyeon who still had the chance of a heteroual relationship because she's a biual, well Eunjung was a full-on lesbian. She'd rather die than feel or even see a male organ. She tried but really...Ew.

 

“Yes, mom, but you're forgetting that the ones getting married are lesbians. They'd rather drink with the male stripper than watch him strip.”

 

“You mean you watched a female stripper?”

 

“Mom...”

 

“Eunjung, you cannot commit any more sins!”

 

“Mom, please, what's the sin in that? I was just with my friends,” Eunjung pleads before throwing one of the throw-pillows towards her silently guffawing friend on the other couch.

 

“You know very well that women are made for men and men only! Eve was made for Adam!”

 

“Mom, I was just with my friends! That stripper was for Hyomin and Sunny! Not me!”

 

“Still, you watched! And you even said you had fun!”

 

“Because we ended up dancing on the pole, okay?!”

 

“HAM EUNJUNG! I NEVER TAUGHT YOU TO DANCE ON A POLE WITH A FEMALE STRIPPER! Oh God, have mercy on my daughter for she has sinned.”

 

“For goodness' sake, mom, it was for fun! No one else was around!”

 

“Please, Lord, guide my daughter towards the right path and never let her be tempted. Our father, who art in Heaven...”

 

“Are you seriously praying for me over the phone?!”

 

“Don't you dare yell at your mother! I never raised you that way!”

 

“I can't believe you think that way. So what if we were at a strip club with female strippers?! It was not my celebration anyway!”

 

“Of course it wasn't yours but with you having more lesbian and gay friends around, they're bound to bring their gay friends. And you had alcohol! You could have slept accidentally with a woman!”

 

Oh yes, slept with a woman, indeed. Her mother was too right on that aspect; only that they didn't bring any other gay friends, it was just them, and so with a drunkard like Jiyeon, something was bound to happen. And it did happen. “MOM, NOTHING HAPPENED!”

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHA!” Jiyeon just couldn't take it anymore as she laughed to her heart's content.

 

“Is that Jiyeon?”

 

“Yes, she's watching How I Met Your Mother,” Eunjung quickly excused, throwing another cushion at the overly amused Jiyeon.

 

“Okay.”

 

Eunjung silently sighs out of relief but she wasn't off the hook just yet.

 

“Mom, you can't keep calling to check up on me like this. I'm old enough to make a decision for myself.”

 

“Yes you are, but why are you still not married? Even your friends and gay friends are married.”

 

“MOM! Can we just drop the gay thing! Enough with the gay friends’ conversation!”

 

“Okay, fine. But I was not talking about your gay friends anymore.”

 

Eunjung couldn't help but groan once more, and on the other side Jiyeon on the couch was still silently dying in her laughter.

 

“Then why do you keep on calling me for the past year like this? It’s like you're constantly attacking me!”

 

A phone call from her mother was usually fun and quirky. Mrs. Ham was the kind of mother who you can easily be friends with. Growing up, she does have responsibility by being an older sister to an adopted brother but responsibility was easy especially when their environment was happy and carefree. Mrs. Ham let them explore the world, let them climb on trees and run around the town and let them come home late if there was a party, as long as they never fail going to Church. It was fun growing up for her.

 

Though unfortunately, her mother just cannot seem to accept a homoual relationship and it was why she was way beyond happy when she moved out for college where she felt the utmost freedom. Her mother didn't visit unless she let her and it was why she had countless flings back then, because her parents can't visit her unless she says so, since freedom is part of their family's belief.

 

With the lack of physical presence from her parents and brother, she made up for in phone calls. She tries calling them every day until her life got hectic and she can only call three times a week. Or her mother calls her instead. It was just a give and take situation. They'd ended up talking about college, her friends, parties and the likes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter