Be You

For Convenience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

There were things she and Lizzy needed to talk about that Eunjung might find interesting; how Lizzy wanted to invest in Piece-of-Cake. Over dinner, Lizzy had been vocal about her interests in investing to the Piece-of-Cake brand and not only for it to be known in the state, but to be more competitive nationwide, and hopefully soon, worldwide. If there was anyone more capable of achieving such, it was Lizzy. With her extensive network and businesses around the nation and international countries when it comes to food and pastries, this was a great business opportunity that Jiyeon even had a hard time turning it down right there and then.

 

But the thing is, Jiyeon wasn’t sure if Eunjung would take lightly to this proposition. If Eunjung says no, then she’d turn it down. And Lizzy was just adamant not to be turned down. After all, she believed that Piece-of-Cake had such great potential.

 

That is why, Lizzy had so badly wanted to speak with Eunjung about it that Jiyeon was caught into whether or not she should tell Eunjung about it first. She didn’t want to rush it, after all, Lizzy also said to take their time. Though Lizzy had also said it was best she talk to Eunjung herself, clear the air around them and get to the proposal, stubborn as a mule she is. 

 

That one thing that made this situation even harder is that Eunjung didn’t seem to be listening to her whenever she tries to bring it up. Most of the time Eunjung was just as unusually busy. It was a given for her to always be busy in the kitchen as she is in the office, but when Eunjung takes a break in the office, giving her sudden pecks and embraces, and she takes the opportunity to mention something about her friend, Eunjung suddenly disappears like a bubble.

 

But…could Eunjung have known that the friend she was talking about was Lizzy?

 

Jiyeon gasps.

 

It couldn’t be.

 

Eunjung was dead asleep by the time she got home from that dinner and certainly, Eunjung was busy when Lizzy came over herself without prior notice.

 

She didn’t want that to happen, and was just as glad that Eunjung couldn’t come when she asked. Besides, Lizzy was adamant to get a word with Eunjung, it was just as difficult to hold her ex-girlfriend back from entering the kitchen.

 

So if she recalls it perfectly, Eunjung hadn’t seen a shadow of Lizzy. Because if she did, that would have meant trouble especially when she hadn’t told Eunjung the truth yet.

 

Maybe it was a bit of a good thing that Eunjung hadn’t been herself lately.

 

But it was definitely a sight to see.

 

She was torn if she liked this change in her wife, most especially when she sees notes when she wakes, grand breakfast prepared, and she was just as sure that the flowers on her desk were for her.

 

Today was another set of bouquets. She never really got to know what the meaning of these flowers and what their names are but she can see how expensive this must have been and how beautiful it truly is. It’s just a waste that it was snapped away and made into a bouquet and slowly wilts to its death before her. There was nothing much she can do with this…just like the other bouquets in the office. And God was it truly a sight to see.

 

She was aggravated by the thought that it was starting to look like a funeral where she worked, and she could just probably die right at this instant.

 

The amount of chocolates and candies on the desk made her seem like a vendor of these expensive snacks. She could put a price to all these and seriously just sell all of them, she wouldn’t mind, she’d prefer cash and pay their bills—for which, by the way, is already piling up in her drawers both in her office and at home.

 

She’s already fearing hypertension and diabetes running wildly in their family, both on her mother’s and father’s side. And it was already one of the factors why most women in the Park’s family had died at childbirth. So, no, thank you to too-much-of-everything. She was going to save herself.

 

And besides, they’re already working in their shop surrounded by the delicious aromas of pastries and the smell of vanilla, surely they’ve got all the sweets they wanted. There wasn’t anything she could do about all these.

 

What’s gotten into her, she asked herself, and very much thinking of her wife’s wellbeing. She had no idea where this overly romantic behavior had come from.

 

She was mostly easy to please. A simple gesture would have been better, something not as grand as finding blue box containing Tiffany jewelry wasn’t what she’d actually expect.

 

Jiyeon wanted to march in the kitchen and knock Eunjung’s head with her mixer. She definitely doesn’t appreciate all this expensive gifts, not when they had more bills to pay.

 

“Did you like it?”

 

Jiyeon looks up from the box with a frown, the clearest indication that she doesn’t. Eunjung’s expression fell, her cheery grin disappearing into worry as she stumbles inside the office.

 

“Why?”

 

“Why? You know why,” Jiyeon says with much frustration. “I want you to return this.”

 

“But… I bought it for you,” Eunjung argues.

 

“I know you bought it for me but I don’t need it,” she remained adamant.

 

Eunjung’s frown almost made Jiyeon just keep the necklace in her pocket. But the nagging work she has to do had kept her at bay. She wasn’t going to be soft on her this easily, not when she could see dollar signs before her. It wasn’t just like any dollar signs, it was dollar signs they both owe. Eunjung should have been more considerate with this, especially when the kitchen extension is being made.

 

“Eunjung, what the hell is going on?” Jiyeon asks incredulously. “Am I missing something here?”

 

“Missing what?”

 

“You’re acting strange,” Jiyeon points out.

 

Eunjung rolls her with a scoff. “Strange? Me being nice to you is strange? Haven’t I always been this way?”

 

“No, not this way, but this is too much,” she raises and points towards the blue box. “You’re not like this, you don’t spend like this at all. What is wrong this time?”

 

“Nothing,” Eunjung sternly says despite her disappointment, stepping forward to take the box back. “You know what, fine, I’ll take this necklace back.”

 

Eunjung turns with a shake of her head but is stopped as Jiyeon calls out, “I just don’t like this.”

 

“Don’t like what?”

 

“The expensive roses? These gifts? Cooking me these breakfast buffets? These unnecessary splurging you’re doing is not helping any of our bills and debts,” Jiyeon complains.

 

“Do you really not want this necklace?” Eunjung tries once again, only to get something close to a deadly glare.

 

“I already said no,” Jiyeon’s voice rose a notch, something Eunjung could not comprehend.

 

“What’s so wrong with me giving you things? You deserve it!”

 

“But I don’t like it being given to me all the time,” Jiyeon says out of frustration. “I love how you cook for me, I love everything you make but you’ve been cooking too much! These expensive chocolates? You don’t think I know how much a box of these costs? It’s too much! Then these flowers from wherever you had delivered. I would have appreciated this if I get it once in a while but I get different kinds of flowers every freaking day!”

 

Eunjung turns towards the bouquets of flowers around the room. It wasn’t that much, it was probably just a couple bouquets consisting of twenty stalks. “I spent my own money on this, not on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter