Insane

For Convenience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Eunjung thought her wife had gone mental on her.

 

She had all the right to be concerned when she saw Jiyeon happily making her favorite sandwich for breakfast singing out loudly to a tune that woke her up from her slumber from the couch.

 

She had sat all night waiting for her wife who she didn’t hear turning up. Eunjung doubted Jiyeon even came home at all if it weren’t for the crumpled sheets in the bedroom.

 

Eunjung, too, had every right to be pissed but seeing Jiyeon practically frolicking all over the apartment, she decided not to reign on her parade. Whatever makes her wife happy was her foremost thought, of course, even if that meant swallowing her pride a little bit and not stir an argument so early in the morning because she never knew who her wife was with.

 

Even if she had resigned to her fate of not getting direct answers, Eunjung pushed herself and worked with the team. It wasn’t as busy but everyone seemed to be curious about the lone doughnut waiting for its owner in the chillers.

 

Any longer, they knew, it wouldn’t taste as good as it’s supposed to be.

 

Eunjung’s creations were quite the spectacle, especially among her kitchen staff and the loyal patrons. But the doughnut was a first. Sure, Eunjung was all for making unique pastries, or classical French pastries but they’ve never seen her make a doughnut.

 

Just the team asking her when she’d be giving that special snack to the most special person in her life made Eunjung jump towards the chillers to make sure that her lone doughnut did not exactly freeze to a point it became stone-hard. A smile appeared on her face with much excitement, earning teases from her staff as she made her way out the swinging doors out towards the shop.

 

Eunjung pushes past the doors, expecting to see Jiyeon standing around the counter again, for the second day in a row, only to see Hara, Dara and the new kids.

 

“Where’s Jiyeon?” Eunjung asks as Hara points towards Jiyeon at the side, laughing along with someone who looked oddly familiar.

 

Eunjung couldn’t make out who it was but from where she stood she could make out how Jiyeon’s hands were holding on the other like her life depended on it. They didn’t even seem to let go even as they stood so close from each other. Heck! They didn’t even let go as they talked and laughed at whatever they thought was hilarious for which Eunjung can’t seem to find funny.

 

Eunjung’s blood surprisingly boils at the sight. She wasn’t jealous! No. Eunjung has never been jealous. She wasn’t the type to get jealous. She was understanding and caring and sweet and the best lover anyone could have so why be jealous? It’s not like Jiyeon can find someone better than her.

 

Tsk.

 

Not even that girl, whoever that girl holding Jiyeon’s hand is. She can even hold Jiyeon’s—

 

“The hell,” Eunjung murmurs in surprise as the two embraced.

 

It seemed like years, they were hugging. Like for centuries they hugged and squeezed the hell out of each other that made Eunjung want to squeeze the life out of that woman’s neck.

 

Eunjung blood surged even more.

 

She can’t stand the sight.  She has better things to do other than hug people. Hell! She has better freaking things to do than freaking feed Jiyeon this freaking doughnut.

 

But even so, she stayed to stare, and that was until the other woman’s face came to view.

 

And Eunjung was absolutely horrified.

 

To say she is dismayed may be an understatement, as she continues to watch the two chitchat and laugh.

 

It was right there and then she finally understood what Mr. Park had meant.

 

Jiyeon is indeed the happiest with Lizzy.

 

And probably it will never be her.

 

After all this time, she knew it would be hard to change that. Who were they kidding? Even now she’s confused about what she exactly feels without any one to come between them, what more now that Lizzy had come back?

 

Eunjung turns back around with a sigh, her hands had unconsciously destroyed the box of doughnut in her hands, whamming through the doors like bulldozer and stomping her way to the trash bin to throw the box of snack and stomping her way to the sinks to wash her hands.

 

The team looks on to see Eunjung’s change. For all the years they had worked for the two, they had truly never seen Eunjung blow her top off to slam through doors, and stomp around. Jiyeon, they have seen her but never Eunjung. Eunjung simply never loses her cool…until now that is.

 

“What happened?” Areum mouths towards Taecyeon whose station was nearer the door.

 

Taecyeon shrugs turning to Suzy, mouthing “Go do something.”

 

“Hell no,” Suzy mouths back, her hands gesturing around. “What if Jiyeon sees me, she might think I’m flirting with her wife.”

 

Wooyoung, whose station was right behind Suzy, nudges the girl and mouths, “You have flirted with her before. It won’t make a difference now.”

 

Suzy shoves Wooyoung away, rolling her eyes. Krystal waved her hand around, catching Suzy’s attention as she mouths, “Do something! She’s nearer you.”

 

Suzy gives up, throwing her colleagues glares. She could see the three newbies, Dani and two others, looking on the exchange anxiously as they stood on either side of Taecyeon, Wooyoung and Areum respectively. She ignores everyone around, trying to walk as calmly as she could towards Eunjung who was roughly washing her hands.

 

“Hey, you okay?” Suzy asks in concern.

 

“Yes, I’m fine, Suzy,” Eunjung says.

 

Suzy couldn’t decipher Eunjung’s expression, she looked like she was rather confused than angry. She looked like she needed to think but wanted to say something. Eunjung was torn over something she didn’t know and Suzy wanted to fix that…at least as a friend.

 

“Eunjung,” Suzy tries once more, touching Eunjung’s shoulder. “Hey, calm down. Wanna go to the back to talk about it?”

 

Eunjung jumps in fright, breaking her out of her thoughts to stare at the hand that made her jolt. She looks up to see Suzy’s concerned expression. And it worked. Her friend’s gentle gaze somehow melts away whatever uncertainty she felt as she follows the other woman out the back where they could talk.

 

“So what’s up,” Suzy says with a smile. “And please, don’t take out cigarettes. I’ll tear them apart again.”

 

Eunjung chuckles with much e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter