What To Do

For Convenience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon had felt the changes in her life take over so quickly. She couldn’t fathom what to feel exactly from what she heard, from the moment she quietly opens the door thinking the two would have been asleep only to hear them talking about everything from the past until present, to the point where she could no longer stay idle nor could no longer face her wife.

 

She never returned home that night, opting to head to Boram and Soyeon’s place, the first friends she thought of running to and thankfully, the friends who lived closest from their home. She could have never really made it out that far without breaking down in tears that as soon as Boram opened the door, surprised to see her, Jiyeon found herself slowly crumbling.

 

Boram had rushed to usher her in, with Soyeon, who just came out of the bath, startled and extremely worried to see how she was close to a point of breaking down.

 

Both didn’t have an idea as to what happened, but there could only have been one person they had in mind for Jiyeon to lose her mind over; Eunjung Ham.

 

Her thoughtful friends didn’t even call her wife. They never mentioned her name. And they didn’t push her into answering their questions as she incessantly yet silently cried in Boram’s arms, and Soyeon tending to her with a glass of water in hand, risking a cold in the freezing weather because her hair damp and body only covered with a towel. 

 

They waited patiently for her to explain herself but when she thought she could finally get a word out, she was bursting into tears the next second.

 

She didn’t know what had hurt her most right at that moment; finding out that her wife and Hyomin had actually—somewhat—had a past, or the fact that Eunjung’s given up so much for her. Either way, she hated it, because in the end she was the cause of it all.

 

If anyone could say how much she should be happy for the latter would be a fool. How can she be happy knowing someone had given up so much for her?

 

Eunjung had quietly went along with her, never thinking twice, and there she was thinking about nothing else but to have Eunjung with her at all cost.

 

It cost Eunjung a brighter future.

 

It cost Eunjung her dreams.

 

So how in the world should she be happy for what Eunjung gave up for her?

 

Eunjung could have been somewhere else in the world, cooking her heart out in high pressured kitchens, thriving in bustling energies and the thrill of the heat that line cooking and culinary could offer… not just baking pastries in their city in their little, humble shop, Piece-of-Cake.

 

She thought they had planned this shop out together, but after hearing all that, everything coming from Eunjung herself, she truly doubted it. She was the one talking about what they would do and Eunjung just went with her flow all along.

 

She knew Eunjung loved pastries, that’s why she had wished for them to have a shop together…but never really knew the extent of Eunjung’s love for it, for cooking, basically.

 

It was her fault she never really asked.

 

Eunjung could have been the best out there if only she had went away with Hyomin. It was probably hours-drive away from her, but they could have still seen each other, right?

 

Even though it might have hurt knowing Eunjung would finally be leaving her alone, she would take it. I can, Jiyeon thought to herself angrily because that was what would have made Eunjung happy and that’s all she wanted.

 

But even so, as a younger version of herself, she wouldn’t have thought that way. She wouldn’t have wanted Eunjung to go away and she would have kicked and screamed just to get what she wants.

 

She’s a ing selfish brat, that’s what she is.

 

She’s aware of that now.

 

She should have been aware before.

 

And Suzy…Suzy…

 

It was Eunjung Suzy liked.

 

Likes.

 

It had been Suzy Eunjung was eyeing months ago, before they married. She never thought it was serious.

 

She never thought it would come to this.

 

That she’d find out that she’s somehow actually in between the two.

 

But then that goes to say about Hyomin too.

 

She could never even fully begin to think about Hyomin and Eunjung’s relationship right now. She thought Hyomin’s random words of endearment to Eunjung was just nothing when they were younger. Never did she thought any of that were real.

 

Was she the only one who never noticed; she questions herself.

 

Had all she ever unconsciously done was to separate Eunjung from everything she wanted?

 

Her stronghold had forced two people, so in sync and so into each other, apart.

 

So where does that put her now? The villain in the story? The hindrance?

 

“Are you going to tell us what happened,” Soyeon had carefully and very softly asked as Jiyeon slows down, desperately gasping for air, shifting in Boram’s hold.

 

“Did any one of you know about Hyomin and Eunjung?”

 

Boram and Soyeon exchanges a brief horrified look. “Are they…oh my gosh,” Soyeon gasps in her silent assumptions. “Did they…?”

 

“No, I meant,” Jiyeon gulps, wiping away her tears as she wiggled away from Boram’s embrace. She knew there was nothing between them right now; that much was clear in the conversation she heard. “Did any one of you know about Eunjung and Hyomin, years ago, when we were in high school?”

 

Boram lets out a relieved breath, “Damn, for a second there you scared me. I thought they had something behind your back.”

 

Jiyeon didn’t want to dwell on that. If something happened in the present then she’ll know, but she needed the answers about the past, quick. It would have been pointless but she wants to know just how much of a fool she has been all this time if that would have been any help. “So did any one of you know?”

 

Soyeon hesitantly nods, “You never did, did you?”

 

“How come no one told me?” Jiyeon demanded.

 

“It was obvious, Jiyeon,” Boram whispers carefully. “There was something. Hyomin might have been in love with her. But, to be honest we never thought they were ever together.”

 

Jiyeon groans, hiding her face in her palms as tears begin cloud her vision. “God, how come I never knew anything?”

 

“What brought this on,” Soyeon asks, impatient.

 

“Did you ever know about Eunjung’s acceptance to the Culinary Institute?” Jiyeon asks again, looking up to see Boram’s firm shake of her head and Soyeon’s gasp of surprise, ignoring Soyeon’s previous question.

 

“That’s one of the best culinary schools, not just here, but in the whole world,” Soyeon says in disbelief. “Eunjung got accepted to that?! Seriously?”

 

“If you ask me, I don’t know about that,” Boram says turning to her wife, seeing how Soyeon shivered from the cold, “Why don’t you go get dressed before you get a cold? I’ll stay with Jiyeon.”

 

Soyeon nods, carefully stepping away from the two, then quickly getting into the bed room to change. Jiyeon remained stoic despite the tears, observing how Boram had stood up to get her a glass of water. Even if she was itching to know about what she was going to say, she was parched and needed to live long enough to hear everything from their friend’s perspective.

 

There was no better people than Soyeon and Boram. They were the closest friends they had back in high school. The couple was the most adorable couple in school that everyone just liked and Eunjung had been friends with Soyeon since middle school. So if anyone else had known about anything it would have been them. And they’re probably one of the few who returned to the state after college.

 

“Why didn’t she go,” Boram asks thoughtfully. “I mean, I was surprised that Eunjung stayed when everyone else went to different states, she seemed to be the one who wanted to go away badly. If she got accepted there, she could have been with Hyomin then. They did kind of gotten chummy back in senior year.”

 

“Oh God,” Jiyeon lets out a shaky breath, hearing the same sentiments. “Yet no one could even tell me anything!”

 

“How did you know about it?”

 

“I heard them talking about it,” Jiyeon admits. “I heard everything they talked about.”

 

Boram sympathetically stares at her friend, while Soyeon comes back to the living room to join them.

 

“They were talking about it?”

 

“Yes, they didn’t know I was there,” Jiyeon says running a frustrated hand through her messy locks.

 

“It shouldn’t matter so much right,” Soyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter