Insignificant Other

For Convenience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“No, Sunny, it’s not Tiffany,” Hyomin begs, as she sunk down to the ground hoping nobody from the inside could hear as she cries. “Please just hear me out.”

 

“No, no! It wasn’t someone I know. I don’t even know that woman. It just happened. We fought, I went to the party, I drank…no, please believe me, the only thing Tiffany did was try to prevent me doing anything stupid! It wasn’t her.”

 

“I swear baby, I’m not defending her. She did try to get me to stop drinking but when Taeyeon called she had to leave that was when I bumped into that woman.”

 

“She is nothing to me. I don’t even remember her name! I swear! It was one time…baby please…please can I please just see you so we can talk about this?”

 

“’I’m sorry, I’m so sorry! I don’t even know why I did what I did. I tried to stop myself but…I’m so sorry I let it happen. I love you and I don’t know why I did it. I’m so sorry.”

 

“I can’t live without you, please just give me a chance. Please let me come over and let’s talk—Sunny? Baby?”

 

Hyomin stares at the line, her tears streaming down as she sees the call had already ended. She presses on the number again, to see that it went straight to voicemail. Just the sight of her phone flashing so obnoxiously made Hyomin sprawl to the floor in tears, her sobs echoing through the empty hall.

 

There weren’t any words.

 

It just hurt so much she wanted it to end. Simply end everything.

 

The door opens, and she couldn’t even be bothered to see but she was picked up from the floor and Eunjung’s sleepy figure comes into view. Hyomin immediately wraps her arms around her best friend her sobs turning silent as Eunjung securely lead them through the front door.

 

“Hey, come on, let’s get inside,” Eunjung whispers amidst the silent apartment.

 

Hyomin nods, trying to stop the onslaught of tears as Eunjung guides her to her inflatable bed, and lies her down. She couldn’t even move. It was just hard to when there was no point in her living. She wanted to die.

 

“Now, don’t think about those bad thoughts okay,” Eunjung whispers to her, her own tears at bay as she laid down beside her best friend and take her in another embrace.

 

It was so deep in the night, even Jiyeon couldn’t wake up. But when Eunjung’s body willed her to get up and head to the bathroom to relieve herself, she noticed the emptiness of her best friend’s bed in the living room. She had come out of the bathroom hearing a hushed conversation outside, endless sniffs and sobs, then all her drowsiness didn’t even matter. Even the sweater, probably Jiyeon’s, she picked up on the way was upside down or how even the pajamas she wore isn’t hers either, it didn’t matter because the sight of her broken best friend made everything else worthless.

 

It pained her just as well to see Hyomin so different from the Hyomin she had seen all these years. Her best friend looked so lost and defeated. She wanted to protect her and make her feel better and the way she could do that was to assure her that everything was going to be alright, in ways she knew best.

 

“You can cry on me,” Eunjung whispers, pulling Hyomin even closer to her as her best friend breaks down. “We’re here. I’m here. I’m here for you. It’ll get better, I swear.”

 

That night, the pair had fallen asleep in their tears.

 

Jiyeon shifts, feeling uncomfortable and very cold. It was still a bit dark, thank goodness, but the cold was bothering her.

 

Her hands grasp for the covers but there was a sense of emptiness to it she couldn’t understand in her muddled mind. There wasn’t the familiar scent that comforted her, there wasn’t that familiar warmth either. She was too cold. Her hands felt towards the other side of the bed even further and there was nothing…well, there was nobody beside her. Jiyeon had shot up the bed in haste and in wonder, seeing it empty and void of the warmth her wife brings her.

 

Eunjung wasn’t there.

 

She kicks off the covers and stagger outside but as soon as she opens the door, another sight shocks her like a bucket of ice cold water. The sight of it had definitely startled her awake, seeing how her best friend and wife so wrapped around each other. How their arms and legs tangled and how her wife had cradled someone else that isn’t her.

 

If it was for Hyomin’s tear-stained face, Jiyeon would have stomped towards the two and threw a fit. But even in her drowsy mind, Jiyeon found it unreasonable to do so. She isn’t that insensitive to the situation. Truly, she would have done the same if she were in Eunjung’s place.

 

She sighs, there was nothing she could do. It wasn’t like there was any more space left for her to join them. Besides, Eunjung was being her caring self to their best friend, she should be too. Maybe it just that she was just there to see it this way.

 

It bothered her, nonetheless, as the green eyed monster can’t even make her look at the two even longer. Maybe this is a dream, Jiyeon thought as she headed back into the room, trying to ignore the feeling as she sinks back into bed and hoped she wouldn’t wake until the morning.

 

Eunjung had woken up that morning, waking Hyomin with her. There had been no way for her to move without waking her with that air bed her best friend has. But as soon as Hyomin flutters her eyes open, Eunjung was there to give her a smile.

 

Just crying out everything last night and Eunjung comforting her until she slept had truly made her feel a tad bit better. But even so, she couldn’t even force a smile, nor could she even try as she blankly looks up. Her head was pounding and her body felt too limp.

 

Her best friend had moved away and pulled her up by the hands, almost forcing her. It was probably a way for her to move again because she wouldn’t have if it weren’t for Eunjung doing that. She wouldn’t even have cared for food, but even so her best friend hurriedly takes out ingredients from the fridge. She couldn’t even say anything at all to protest. Not even when Eunjung had given her a plate of omelets and toast, a cup of steaming freshly brewed coffee, a glass of water and a tab of aspirin.

 

“Eat,” Eunjung had said, worriedly as Hyomin simply gives her a nod, before she moves away to see if her wife was already awake. She glances back at her best friend only to see her gingerly playing with the food with her fork, poking and prodding as if it was going to eat itself. “I’m gonna wake Jiyeon up and shower. This may take a while.”

 

Hyomin just nods, robotically so. “Yeah, don’t mind me.”

 

Right now, Eunjung wasn’t sure what to do. She sighs. All she could figure was never leaving Hyomin’s side, though she hoped her wife would have a suggestion. Hopefully Jiyeon would know, after all, when she was heartbroken over Gyuri, Jiyeon had known what to do with her, she thought as she enters the bedroom.

 

The lump under the sheets didn’t seem to be moving at all when she entered the room. She softly closes the door, tiptoeing across careful not to disturb the peace of the bedroom. Feeling tired, she slowly crawls up to her wife; a sense of comfort overwhelming her as she slowly sinks under the sheets and take Jiyeon up in her arms. Emotionally she felt drained, and physically she could pass out but feeling her arms around Jiyeon’s form, just her smell, her warmth, her presence…her everything, just felt really comforting this time.

 

There was a different feeling when she was alone in this quiet room with Jiyeon and nobody else, like she was already living the life that she wanted for herself and all her insecurities are lost in the realization that she had this beautiful woman sleeping peacefully in her bed. Admittedly this is the best she could ever get from her jumbled mind that she does wonder how she even got to think and worry over anything or anyone at all. She got what she wants right here, before her, and she has all of her.

                                                             

She moves the covers away from her wife’s, definitely not in a hurry, her eyes eager to see the sight of her wife fluttering her eyes open somehow. A small smile had appeared on her face as she caresses her wife, hoping she wakes. Her legs snake in between Jiyeon’s, shifting ever closer, just to feel her even more, just to be in her arms. It seemed like Jiyeon was too out of it to even bother, Eunjung thought as she buried herself even deeper, her face between the nooks of her wife’s neck taking a deep comforting breath with the addicting sweet smell Jiyeon always had.

 

Eunjung had made sure she was in deep, Jiyeon’s arms around her, their legs in a tangle and her face glued to her wife’s neck. She initially wanted to wake her but she wanted to take her time. She wanted so much to take her time to have her, to be with her, to feel her, to sat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter